PDA

View Full Version : Would this idea work?

Count Malik
04-02-2008, 09:34 PM
I have a idea including a reacharge jack/port, covertech knob, and the kill key sold in the shop. I wanted to find a easy but sneeky way to hide a recharge port in a saber. So I came across one of xwing's videos on youtube and he gave me an idea. Could I take a covertech knob and on the bottom of it instead of putting a screw to hold it to the saber, could I glue a kill key on it and use that for sneeky hinding place,clip,kill key/reacharge port? Your help would be useful thanks.:p

eastern57
04-02-2008, 10:50 PM
I did something similar, and it worked great.

The only difference to your idea, was that I only used half the covertech and it's attached to the hilt.
I had the knob from a Mace and it came in a few pieces, including both halves of the covertech. I only used the top half and it had a big enough hole that it fit the recharge port perfectly. It stays attached to the hilt by the rim that fed into the bottom half, it just happened to fit snugly in a 3/8" hole.

It still clips onto the covertech clip which leads me to believe that if you just grinded the bottom half, that would work. and you'd have to make the hole fit the recharge plug too.

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn260/eastern57/MHS%20Hilt/pom.jpg