PDA

View Full Version : external power supply?

dbraxton9
02-16-2006, 09:16 AM
One of the problems I see everyone talking about is the amount of space inside the hilt for electronics and batteries. I saw on Lighttech's site they have a mini-plug output for connecting sound to a PA setup. How about an out-board battery pack that connects via a cable to a power input on the hilt? it would leave room for extra electronics (driver, sound board, any additional controls, speaker, etc.) and make it posssible to use bigger stronger batteries. does this sound useful or just an unnecessary complication?

"Size matters not. Look at me! Judge me by my size do you? And well you should not! For my ally is the force, and a powerful ally it is!"

xwingband
02-16-2006, 09:41 AM
I have thought of this too. I wanted it for my personal design. I wanted that same feel as the old republic sabers with the hip battery pack. I really don't think it would be any harder than adding stereo plugs and using maybe a 3 foot male-male stereo cord.

This is just idle musing though since I'd have to learn molding to get my saber done... stupid curves. I also want the battery housing to have two safety toggles and when both are switched you get that ghostbusters proton pack starting sound.[:D]

<center>http://www.dewbackwing.com/dewbacks/files/pinupbanner.jpg
www.dewbackwing.com</center>