PDA

View Full Version : Old style anakin

The Plague
02-15-2006, 07:34 PM
Hey guys is the anakin lightsaber from episode 2 hard to find? just wondering because I just bought one off of ebay and I think I will convert it to LED. Any opinions as to what colour blade would look good on that saber?

I will post a picture of the saber if someone will tell me how.

Those who live by the sword, will die by the sword

Wolverine
02-15-2006, 07:47 PM
Is that the hilt replica, or the full on force FX ??
Because...Yes the Anakin AOTC MR FX sabers are <u>REAL</u> hard to find, that is not without paying out yer A@# for one. They're discontinued, and sold out from the manufacturer's website. I hope you got a good deal on that!! [:0]

The Plague
02-15-2006, 07:55 PM
It's the full fx version and it's never been opened. I only paid $150 for it. Anyway what colour should I make it?

xwingband
02-15-2006, 08:04 PM
$150 is a good deal for the AotC Anakin. I'd go for a plain blue LED. Good luck with that. I have yet to see a conversion for that outside of Ultra because of the incompatibility of EL.

<center>http://www.dewbackwing.com/dewbacks/files/pinupbanner.jpg
www.dewbackwing.com</center>

tetmatek
02-15-2006, 08:44 PM
if you got a unopened one remember it is really hard to get one of those. I've got one that I display in my collection and one soon to be converted. Inside it is not to complicated. You can use the sound module but not the inverter for EL thats in there. Watch out that bad boy will light you up! basically 3 batteries power that and the other 3 the sound. By the way the 6 battery models are the best to use for 5w lux and RGB LED's. If I were you i'd set it aside and find a broken one. Youd probably get more than $150 from any collector lacking one. The only other hard to get one is the Vader ANH. It's like the Mace; a 6 battery LED. If you decide to go with converting it it will make a great saber as it is one of my favorite movie versions! good luck

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/3213/sig35jo.jpg

Wolverine
02-15-2006, 09:26 PM
"Yes, Yes, to Obi-Wan you listen..."
He's damn right, I'd shelve that thing if I were you!!
Not to pee all over yer parade, but you can find cheap ones all over Ebay, that have the LEDs broken in them, just begging for conversion [:D] I bought two, from "Dealtree" an Ebay store, they work fine when you have brand new batteries in them, but when they have some wear in them, the tips don't light up. I got both for around $60 each. [^] Just waiting for Tim to get the Vader conversions kits back on the store shelves! [8D][:)]

xwingband
02-15-2006, 09:31 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Wolverine

"Yes, Yes, to Obi-Wan you listen..."
He's damn right, I'd shelve that thing if I were you!!
Not to pee all over yer parade, but you can find cheap ones all over Ebay, that have the LEDs broken in them, just begging for conversion [:D] I bought two, from "Dealtree" an Ebay store, they work fine when you have brand new batteries in them, but when they have some wear in them, the tips don't light up. I got both for around $60 each. [^] Just waiting for Tim to get the Vader conversions kits back on the store shelves! [8D][:)]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Of course you can find the Vader ESB and Anakin RotS, but the AotC Anakin is the rarest. It's EL and the first saber MR made in 2002. The Vader ANH is also quite rare too. The Luke ESB is not as rare but it is very desirable so getting it cheap and working is unlikely.

<center>http://www.dewbackwing.com/dewbacks/files/pinupbanner.jpg
www.dewbackwing.com</center>

Wolverine
02-15-2006, 09:50 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xwingband

Of course you can find the Vader ESB and Anakin RotS, but the AotC Anakin is the rarest. It's EL and the first saber MR made in 2002. The Vader ANH is also quite rare too. The Luke ESB is not as rare but it is very desirable so getting it cheap and working is unlikely.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

...An incredibly great arguement to shelve it, and buy a more common one. [^]

The Plague
02-16-2006, 01:53 PM
seeing as to how rare you guys say this saber is, how about I get my setaline torch and melt it down to nothing.
HE HE just kidding, but thanks for the input on the saber anyway.