PDA

View Full Version : to sabers on one charger?

Dark Helmet
03-28-2008, 05:11 PM
both of my sabers are using li-ion 7.2v packs, with the same charger sold in the tcss store. could i just wire 2 2.1mm plugs together and charge them both? I'm pretty sure it would work fine but just in case i thought i would get some opinions. this is what i was thinking...

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee44/darthdouchebag/charger.jpg

Novastar
03-28-2008, 11:44 PM
It really depends on the way the circuitry of the charger works. I would be careful with that though, and be certain of what you're thinking about prior to doing it.

That being said... I know ZERO about the charger provided by TCSS... I'm just trying to say--be careful... no need to cause a fire or damage components when a second charger for a 2nd saber would be just as well.

I personally have like 6 Li-Ion multi-chargers for my sabers. Sure, each takes up room and wiring, but... they were like $10 to $15 each. Good investment anyhow... :)

Dark Helmet
03-29-2008, 03:01 AM
yeah, i was worried about burning the house down (it wasn't that nice anyway) but what i really wanted to do was build a display case that charged both at once...but what i don't know is if the pcb's on the batteries will know that they are running in series, so when one is finished it will let the other charge too.... this on seemed like an easy thing to do until the "li-ion" was part of it.... don't get me wrong, i love these batteries, but i need a roof over my head too....................so here it is, i'll build it to test it out, but ill do it in my neighbors yard.... he bulldozed mine last week for no reason, let his s@!t burn down...my other neighbor would prolly give me free veggies for a year for doing it too! (angry old people rock!!) jk, ill put an extension cord into the fire pit in my yard, and just hope i'm not "takin' one for the team"
omfg, i mis-spelled two in the title of this post, god i'm retarded..........