PDA

View Full Version : For your information

Do-Clo
03-26-2008, 03:57 PM
I have been receiving emails from a Darrell Johnson who for some reason has a problem with my saber building and my blades. He has threatened to spread his statements around forums so I decided to save him the trouble of doing it and post them for everyone to see, along with my replies to him:

Johnson
Hello Mr. Do Clo I'am writing you this letter because I have a friend who recently bought one of your lightsabers and man I have to level with you.....
The lightsabers you make are very low quality. My 10 year old son could make the same quality as yours. Your sell some for $130 dollars, some times $200 dollars. You need to lower your prices your ripping people off... Your sabers should be sold for no more than 40-50 $ at the most.
I've seen you use a plumbing tube as a emitter, like come on anyone cAn go to a plumbing store and slap that one.
And what is with this " Do clo blade" ? Thats not a do clo blade its Polypropylene and corbin film NOT a do clo blade!
Your sell you blades for like $37 dollars! Now I know your probly trying hard but some people just aren't meant to be Machinists. I have 30 years of metal work and I am barley certified.
So im not trying to be a total jerk but you need to redo your website and lower the prices because me and a bunch of other people feel that this needed to be done... Its going to get around the forum's eventually so if i were you I would lower your prices.

My Response
Interesting that you picked out one of the early sabers that was made from
sinktube with a luxeon III led and a machined aluminum blade holder, those
sabers sold for around 80.00 and came with a blade. Instead of what you are
offering which is a static prop. I would like to know what forum that you
are talking about as I have a good standing on the forums that I belong too.
I would also like to know what saber that your friend purchased from me as I
have had no complaints from anyone. I also wonder that since you seem to
take offense at my blade, have you also confronted other blade makers
that have made a signature blade?
To sum it all up I am glad that you have such a talented 10 year old son,
but if you want to make claims about my sabers then you need to provide some
details so I can address particular issues

Johnson
I dont know the name of the saber he bought but it had a plumbing pipe for an emitter, goldish color,apparenly you found it at some plumbing store. he dosent want to give his name because he says he will feel bad ....
My prop i professionally made son, all yours sabers are either put together from The Customsaber shop or made from a plumbing sink tube which is Maybe $8 at a plumbing store... I offer all my clients to have there saber blade acessable if they would like for NO extra charge! Not 37$ for a blade you can buy for 15$ from a plastic selling store. And don't say you haven't had any complaints from anyone thats a lie , i've been told that a customer of yours sent his saber back to you for a refund because it was low quality.
I would never buy one of your sabers, your lucky im not selling anymore son or you wouldn't make a dime. So you need to lower your prices your robbing people of there hard earned money. I'm going to look in to the authorities to get them to force you to buy a business license Because im sure you dont have one so please be a fair prson and lower your prices cuz this is going to be spread around eventually..

My Response
I would like to know just when the last time is that you looked at anything
that I have sold or built? I had one customer over a year ago send a saber
back because he didn't like it, and then the guy sat on it for about 5
months before he got around to sending it back and the saber was poorly
packed and was broken in shipping so he got his money back from the post
office from the shipping insurance.
Everything that I build is machined aluminum not TCSS parts or plumbing
parts. I would like you to show me an example of a saber that you claim to
be of low quality that has been built in the last year. Is is possible that
you have me confused with someone else. I have refunded money to people just
because they didn't like the saber and the saber was exactly as pictured on
ebay, so I would like to know how you claim that I am ripping people off.
As for the price of my blades then you don't have to buy them, if you would
take the time to add up the materials involved to build a blade then you
would not say it is out of line, you have a polycabonate tip, plus corbin's
film and a second film, in case you didn't know they don't give that stuff
away, besides the sabers that I sell come with a blade.
Again you do not provide details so that I can address any particular
problem. If you would like I can provide you with a list of customers that
are very pleased with their sabers in fact if you would bother to take the
time to read my feedback on ebay you will see remarks from satisfied
customers.

Johnson
There might be some people happy with your sabers but the point is anyone can make up those sabers ANYONE YOU HAVE NO METAL WORK EXPERIENCE . dont try ANd tell me that those blade films cost a lot, your "second" blade film is just gift wrap that you can get free at any grocery store if you ask! then the first is corbin's film costs four bucks and the poly c blade costs 14$can you add that up do clo or do you haver no experience in that either???? 14 + 5= 19$ then we can say you can charge $5 to to assemble it $ 24 not 37$ ! RIP OFF stop lying I saw a saber o yours on ebay with a plumbing peice for the emitter haha you even said it yourself in the ebay add

The only reason your in the saber guild is because you know people, not because of your reputation

so lower those prices
My Response

Mr Johnson
I have no idea what you problem is with me as I have never done anything to
you and since you seem determined to continue to insult me and make threats,
I would request that you stop now. Also don't bother to respond to this
email as I will be blocking you from further contact.
I have given a lot of thought to you and I have decided to save you some
problems I will be posting your comments on several forums to save you the
trouble of spreading it around as you threaten to do. Also if you interfere
with my saber business in any manor I will forward the problem to my
attorney and the proper legal authorities to take what action that is deemed
appropriate. I have also printed and filed your emails and the ISP
information so that you can be contacted by my attorney if the need should
arise.

Lord Maul
03-26-2008, 04:00 PM
Jeebus Don. What a total jerk. There's no way anyone will let "Johnson" black mark your name on the boards.

xwingband
03-26-2008, 04:08 PM
I know that name but I don't remember the alias...

He's stupid. Your sabers are fantastically priced. He knows just enough to make himself look stupid though...

I charge $35 + shipping for the similar (if not exact style) blade you make. As he adds it for the corbin film and blade $14 + $4

THEN! Tips (TCSS are $3.25), a mirror, the inner film, and glues. I buy Weld-on and silicon glue to hold the films. I think it's a darn bargain for my time.

strengthofrage
03-26-2008, 04:10 PM
I am sorry that you had/have to deal with that guy, sounds like an idiot. For some reason I can't believe he has "30 years experience" at anything the way he forms sentences... sounds like a punk kid to me.

I agree with your idea of posting the emails on the forums. It lets everyone see both sides as I am sure he was not planning on doing it that way. Good luck Do-Clo, again, sorry you have to deal with idiots :(

Do-Clo
03-26-2008, 04:13 PM
I know that name but I don't remember the alias...

He's stupid. Your sabers are fantastically priced. He knows just enough to make himself look stupid though...

I charge $35 + shipping for the similar (if not exact style) blade you make. As he adds it for the corbin film and blade $14 + $4

THEN! Tips (TCSS are $3.25), a mirror, the inner film, and glues. I buy Weld-on and silicon glue to hold the films. I think it's a darn bargain for my time.

Plus you have to add in some for shipping of the supplies, geez.

Strydur
03-26-2008, 04:15 PM
Your going to run into people like this from time to time. Here is what I would have done.

First reply..sorry you feel that way.
2nd reply..there wouldnt be one :confused:

Why waste your time trying to argue with someone like this.

Tom Starkiller
03-26-2008, 04:21 PM
I think he's jealous because he can't do it. He said himself that "I have 30 years of metal work and I am barley certified.".

I've seen pictures of your sabers as well and they look great, and you aren't the most expensive saber builder out there. And also: "The only reason your in the saber guild is because you know people, not because of your reputation" is so not true, if you had a bad reputation, then surely you would have no customers.

He probably just wants you to lower prices so much so that he could afford one.

Dark Helmet
03-26-2008, 04:25 PM
I"m with strength on this one, sounds like some idiot punk who's mother put a limit on his saber budget....otherwise he must be truly insane, if i didn't like a product, i wouldn't complain, i would just shop for something i think is better..... some people just amaze me.....

ArkaiHalon
03-26-2008, 04:36 PM
Do Clo

First, that guy is a dumbarse. Second, i've drooled over almost every saber you've posted on ebay for the last year. Third, did I mention he was an Idiot.

He obviously has confused you with someone else.

TorLinWaDur
03-26-2008, 04:36 PM
Sorry do clo that happened to you.
Im with ya. ;)

jpbeck
03-26-2008, 04:40 PM

;D That about sums it up right there!

Here is my take... I wonder if this guy is related to my "Johnson"-- He sure acts like it. Like others have said (and what you already know to be true) there are people out there are just hate themselves and are stupid. There will be people from time to time that just want to piss you off-- happes to me every day on the drive home :)
Let it roll off your shoulder like a drop of rain. You know you put out a nice product and that you bring joy to your customers.

At any rate... I'm still looking forward to my Kit Fisto, and that illiterate "Johnson" didn't sway my faith in your ablity one bit.

Just a heads up--- you have no worries.
Joe

Atomic
03-26-2008, 04:47 PM
Do-Clo, you know you are one of the leaders in lightsaber creation. Your custom work along with all the custom builders and a store like TCSS, allow those of us without the skill, time or tools to make our own simple creations. All are deeply appreciated.

Some people just shouldn't be allowed access to the internet :)

That being said...

I like how he calls you "son". His grammar and spelling make him sound 14. The "friend" bought the saber, and rather than contact you, say he's unhappy with it and allow you to makes amends (which everyone knows you will), he asks Johnson to contact you?

I also enjoyed how blades went from "free" to $24, unshipped.

Strydur is right tho, not worth your time.

LeMoel
03-26-2008, 04:49 PM
Wow thats not very nice, I haven't bought a saber from you yet but I love looking at your website to see what your selling next and the other ones you have made it really helps me with what I have to do to make my own sabers better. The guy probably just has no life..

I really loved your solari saber, quitan vos , your atlas led one inspired me to work and test atlas leds

and who can forget the Imperial Knight one of my favorite(specially if you read the legacy comics)

and more... but your sabers are good dont let some ass let you down, ive heard nothing but good things:p

Angelus Lupus
03-26-2008, 05:01 PM
I have a Do-Clo saber, a heiland as it happens. So while I can't comment on the custom ones (other than to say that all the pictures have looked great and several have made me wish I had more funds) I can say that the prices are more than fair, and the blade great.
Any way, as already said, this guy is a jerk. Besides, I'd like to see anyone get gift-wrap free in the quanitities people are using in their blades.

acerocket
03-26-2008, 05:20 PM
Do-Clo, sorry you are getting hassled. Some people just can't help but make an a$$ of themselves. First off, his grammar is horible so you are obviously not dealing with a rocket scientist. Second, "...Now I know your probly trying hard but some people just aren't meant to be Machinists. I have 30 years of metal work and I am barley certified..." , I think Mr. Johnson needs a new career. Give me a break, he has 30 years experience and is barely certified. I went from sweeping floors after school to vice-president of my old employer in 23 years (plus I managed to find time to get a degree in rocket science along the way). Also, why is he writing you and not his friend. Sounds like someone has a fairly large chip on his shoulder. If this supposed friend of his has a problem and chooses not to call you on it, then that's his tough luck, not Darrell's. Plus, it is very poor taste and shows a total lack of class to email you and demand you lower prices because he doesn't like them. Man, I wish I could have told the real estate agent the seller of my house needed to lower her price 100 grand because I didn't think the price was right. It is was it is and people will pay for it or not if they want. Then factor in the fact he has no clue and how to price a blade. You can't just look at a website and say X+Y+Z = total and that is all you can sell it for. You have to factor in shipping costs, tool costs, labor, etc.

Man I don't know why he is singling you out, but my advice would be to stop replying to his emails and involve the authorities if he continues to harass you.

BhujangiJedi
03-26-2008, 05:39 PM
Tim, I laughed at your reply - excellent! :cool:

Don, your responses were great, I hope this doesn't waste any more of your time - follow Tim's example!

While I certainly wish your prices were lower (or my pockets deeper), they seem plenty fair to me! And while I haven't had the good fortune of meeting any of your creations in person, from all the pictures they certainly appear top-notch!

sekrogue1985
03-26-2008, 07:04 PM
i would like to say what a foul who would insult a man of your statue in the saber building world. I've wanted to order something from you but i felt that i should learn myself to make it more of that special thing like i built it. Actually i've had issues like that on ebay people harrasing me for the the stuff i've sold them. sorry but used school books are that used and sorry that i wrote in them. I said i had stuff in them if you don't like it yeah.. I hope that guy does go over the edge i want you to nail his ass. Just for that hmmm what is the cheapest thing you can build lol then again i just bought the Engine Sentai Go-Onger Go-Phone and the Holder for it so yeah a bit strapped for cash but yeah. any who hmmmmm spam his youtube idk yugioh abridged series joke. okay enough random talk to make a point i'm worse that him in the writing world and i'll make the point yeah lol :p

eastern57
03-26-2008, 08:01 PM
It's times like this that I'm glad that I'm a part of this community:

Sometimes someone has to "take one for the team" (Do-Clo in this case) to bring out the best in everyone arund them...

Look at all these responses [in such a short tiime] from people who have rallied to his side. I pat you all on your collective backs.

I own a Do-Clo hilt, and proud of it!

"Lord Do-Clo, carry on......."

Sethski
03-26-2008, 09:10 PM
Do-Clo - I think you've shown admirable restraint and patience with this idiot and totally done the right thing posting your exchange.

The fact that you're widely liked and respected as an individual and a sabersmith AND you've got people queuing up for your work AND customers come back to you and speak highly of you AND people don't need to look far to see pictures of your good work...

...well it all speaks for itself! ;)

I'd say don't let this fool waste any more of your time and I hope you don't hear any more from him and that he just crawls back into whatever dark and bitter hole he emerged from...

...good riddance to bad rubbish, as folks sometimes say...

987654321a
03-26-2008, 10:19 PM
You know that no matter what, I have your back Don. This guy is a true a-hole and should have been ignored in the first place. Your work is top notch from what I have seen. I cant make anything better and I have been working with metal for 2 years now. This is just getting out of hand.

Just blame it on hyperdyne lol.

Do-Clo
03-26-2008, 10:40 PM
Thanks guys, I will admit that this took me by surprise as I don't even know this guy. I have always been very open about what I do and how I treat people as many of you know and, try to provide the best saber and still keep the cost down. I figured you guys had a right to know the full story should anything further arise.

Malaki Skywalker
03-27-2008, 03:40 AM
If he has so much experience, why doesn't he start selling his work again? Some people a such *******s, plain and simply, you ask me the guy has a lot of saber envy.

Well hes made himself for a start look like a complete idiot. You done the right thing Do-Clo by posting his e-mails everywhere, i hope it shuts him up ;)

Darth Tollo
03-27-2008, 04:49 AM
As you can see, we all have your back. It appears this "Johnson" knows of this site but I don't see him on this thread. He seems like the type to try to defend his actions but nothing.

Jonitus
03-27-2008, 05:15 AM
This "Johnson" sounds like nothing more than a kid with nothing better to do than start ruckus on the Internet. I would think his "experience" would have garnered him some command of the English language (in terms of vernacular and grammar, not to mention spelling), but I see that is not the case.

This type of troll is similar to the type I used to have to deal with who would always complain about my prices, but never took the time to add all the prices of the components up and see that I wasn't charging more than $25-$30 for my labor on the saber. Quite a bargain. He's yet another example of someone who expects "everything" but is willing to pay "nothing".

You build wonderful sabers, Don. We know it and you know it. I know that you price your sabers fairly for the features they include. I'm no machinist, but I know it is a time-intensive thing to turn raw aluminum into something resembling a saber. This "Johnson" has most likely never built anything in his life...and never will.

If his Mommy will let him, I'd love to see him defend his position in this matter with examples. I'm sure we'd all be interested to see what his issue is (besides a personality disorder).

...some people's children...uff-da. Birth control works.

Moordak
03-27-2008, 06:28 AM
You won't see "Johnson" on this thread. They say ignorance is bliss, but sometimes ignorance is just ...ignorance. As it's been said many times above, ignore him.

Ashron
03-27-2008, 08:01 AM
Allow me to be blunt, like I often am.

So basically what this Johnson guy is saying is “Blah, Blah, Blah. I am a cheap bastich; that does not want to pay full price for one of your sabers. Pity me because I suck. ” Did I miss anything?

Do-Clo don’t worry about people like him, you are a great saber smith. Tim’s response is right on. However it disturbs me that this Johnson guy has apparently spawned and further polluted the gene pool.

Jay-gon Jinn
03-27-2008, 09:17 AM
Don't sweat it Don....none of us here would've listened to him anyway, even if he did sdign up and start posting his crap.

My friend JediTim from the old Saberkits website had a similar problem with a guy sending threatening emails saying pretty much the same thing and he wound up changing the site's name to SaberKnights and making his forum private to get rid of the kid....

vortextwist
03-27-2008, 01:32 PM
I can only repeat what others have said. he's an idiot.

DACOTA
03-27-2008, 02:17 PM
Dito! I might have seen some mhs parts on some of your sabers but I'm not sure, but every saber I have seen from you is perfect and I love every one of them. That guy did not even know how to type proper sentances.

Sorry Do-Clo.

BhujangiJedi
03-27-2008, 05:00 PM
Some people who should, don't use birth control... isht!

Novastar
03-28-2008, 01:25 AM
Tim is right, along with pretty much everyone else. In a word, "FUCGGIT".

You all would have LAUGHED your butts off if I showed you the ridiculous BS some dude on youtube "Bluekenshin" or something spouted off about BOP. I let him have a few pieces of my mind on his BS comments... and Do-Clo... this guy was WAAAAAAAAY more crass, insulting, and uncalled for compared to this Johnson trouser snake guy.

But yeah, you gotta let those idiots be. There is always SOMEone telling you "how you should run your business". Problem is... they RARELY can speak as authorities on things. It'd be like me telling Tim how he should machine parts. Or him telling me about staged combat and how my projects were all jacked up. Wouldn't make any sense.

ALSO so fine... if the dude is just SOOOOO awesome... and his son is better... why the hell doesn't he just BUILD HIS OWN and stop screwing around yapping about your "sucky" products?!!?

Which btw, is just plain ridiculous. I mean, sure, if he saw that wiring spaghetti mess I posted the video on (D'OHHH!! heheheh) and thought it was yours, fine, but to be an irresponsible, inaccurate piece of chip is just ridiculous.

*SIGH*

.... Weasel.

I feel very sorry for his son. The kid has a chance of growing up to be JUST... LIKE... daddy. Arg. Ack. Kill me now please. :twisted:

Strydur
03-28-2008, 09:57 AM
Nova..you should do more back flips!!

Barmic Rin
03-28-2008, 05:02 PM
Well, I just skimmed through that D#ckholes messages to you at I have to say you could beat him with his own stupidity, there's plenty of it!!!!!! He sounds like the kinda guy that would create a spaghetti CF board!

Don, I doubt you've built many sabers that are simpler than the Imperial Knight one you built me & you KNOW how much I love that bad boy!!!!!! Bollocks to his 'Simplicity of your work!'

He's a jerk that seriously needs to get a life. You will get guys like that from time to time, so just ignore him & know we all love your work!!!!!

I always take yours to show off to people, so those that are yet to see it (Or love it as much as me!):

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t78/barmic_rin/17062007436.jpg

Do-Clo
03-28-2008, 08:40 PM
Well, I just skimmed through that D#ckholes messages to you at I have to say you could beat him with his own stupidity, there's plenty of it!!!!!! He sounds like the kinda guy that would create a spaghetti CF board!

Don, I doubt you've built many sabers that are simpler than the Imperial Knight one you built me & you KNOW how much I love that bad boy!!!!!! Bollocks to his 'Simplicity of your work!'

He's a jerk that seriously needs to get a life. You will get guys like that from time to time, so just ignore him & know we all love your work!!!!!

I always take yours to show off to people, so those that are yet to see it (Or love it as much as me!):

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t78/barmic_rin/17062007436.jpg

I will admit that I have always had a fondness for the Imperial Knight saber and it is one that I get a lot of request for. I will have to build one for myself one day if I ever get time.;)

Marsupial
03-28-2008, 09:24 PM
14 + 5= 19$ then we can say you can charge $5 to to assemble it $ 24 not 37$ ! RIP OFF stop lying I saw a saber o yours on ebay with a plumbing peice for the emitter haha you even said it yourself in the ebay add

Its a 14yo who overexagerate facts and complains on rumors for his own agenda in a dead quest for having his own saber that his mom won't pay him.

I'm with tim on that - he didn't even buy something from you and puts out complaints, don't waist time.
I'm also with Erik on that, abnormal his friend didn't complain. I guess either he's not for real or isn't unhappy ennough to complain.

You know, in anything, you'll be able to please a maximum of 97% of people. 3% will always not be happy no matter what you do, and a part of those unsatisfied customers will be total idiots who thinks they know better then you...

So. untill he proves to not be part of the 0.02% total idiot people making a stupid complaint, please stop worrying about him or his potential harm over the Internet - we know better then to listend to isolated cases like that.

Oh, and on him stating you use MHS... even if you would, who cares? getting ready made saber is still a good deal, either you get chrome pipe, MHS or aircraft aluminium. Hell, my first saber is a chrome pipe and people don't believe me when I say I built it, they think its a master replicas.

Novastar
03-28-2008, 11:35 PM
LOL @ more back flips Tim! Actually, ok, now *THAT* is a valid request, hahahah

But seriously, I'm posting just b/c lemme say this... ok, so let's even PRETEND for a minute that the Imperial Knight saber WAS "simple" to make. Ok, well, what's it made of... sink tubes + other machined parts, right?

Ok hmm... where would another comparable saber be that contains both sink tube parts and custom emitters and such? Hmm... let me think hard on this one... sink tubes (such as 1.25" and 1.5")... and a custom emitter and a coupler or so (such as TCSS 1.25" black anod. ones + MHS 2 sink couple)... hmmm...

Where is one. Where could it be, I just don't KNOW...

Could it beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee......................... FLANGE III??!?!?!?!

Yes, that's right. F-'in Flange III. So, like how much did it cost me to make it. Well... about $250 in parts alone. Probably more now that I've upgraded. It would be appalling to say only $250 for my LABOR, so... let's degrade me and say that as well. So, like $10/hr. (while wearing Leia slave outfit!!!!!), and about 20 or so hours later.

Granted, CF is in there. So what. So subtract $130 or $160.

So sell it for $40-$80? MY LEFT BUTTERED TOAST NUT. Johnson's mother can go sell it for 40 Turkish Rupees. Sorry for offending any Turkish people by comparing to the Johnson freak...

Whatever. Sorry. That Johnson trouser snake makes me mad. I'm mad. I'M MAD! :)

P.S. I'm just teasin' and havin' fun. Everyone GO HAVE FUN!!! :)

LeMoel
03-29-2008, 02:54 AM
I bet nothing will even come of this all, he won't have to balls to post things he probably just wanted to rip you off so he can get low prices:mad:

Angelus Lupus
03-29-2008, 07:33 AM
Sure, 'cos insulting a birlliant saber-maker is a perfect way to get a price-reduction :rolleyes:

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
03-29-2008, 05:55 PM
You know, in anything, you'll be able to please a maximum of 97% of people. 3% will always not be happy no matter what you do, and a part of those unsatisfied customers will be total idiots who thinks they know better then you...

That's so true. If I don't get two or three complainers a week, I'm not doing my job right.

Do-Clo, I just looked at your Ebay feedback. At this time, you have 336 positive, and 0 negative. So, now you have one half-arsed complainer who is shooting his mouth off, and not really doing anything. I'd say you're doing pretty well.

The overwhelming positive response here in the saber community should tell you all you need to know.

jedi/storm
03-30-2008, 03:10 PM
Don this guy is an advertisement for compulsory sterilization lol im looking forward to ordering mine at the end of the month

BlackDOG
03-30-2008, 08:53 PM
WARNING SPECIAL PROFESSIONAL TRAINING TO BE APPLIED HERE..........

This foolishness has every earmark of being a TOTAL LIE........

You see, being an attorney (barrister, for you cats across the pond ...LOL) and a criminal defense attorney at that, I deal every day with COMPLETE LIARS.....

Mars and other picked up on this....why on earth would a guy complain for a friend of his?

And how can a guy machine for 30 years and be barely certified?

I have seen this garbage on another forum I am an admin on.........a 17 Y.O. Punk decides to get some kicks by send annoying emails.....

2 Things,

DON, it hurts your feelings when people call you out without cause.....I get it all the time. I am a big boy and I don't take playgroud trash talking seriously, but it does get under your skin when your are "Trying HARD" as the doofus put it. I have been there more times than I care to remember and I try very hard not to fall to the dark side. I try very hard to be the sort of person who turns the other cheek and takes the high road whenever possible. Howver, whe things like this happen, well you know Sith happens......I dropped an f Bomb on a client of mine a while back........he needed to hear it and I needed to say it, but it still was out of bounds and crass.....I stooped to his level and that ain't cool.......KUDOS for the longsufferiing and the couple of replies.

2nd thing.....a whole bunch of saber weilding brothers in arms have backed you up. THAT IS WAY COOL. Kinda makes me glad I stuck around here.

BD

Quote----I gotta fever.....and the only cure.....is more backflips!
Sorry for hackin the cowbell thing....but we NEED more old guy flips(with saber and boots on tile floors)

Hasid Lafre
03-30-2008, 10:39 PM
Man, that guy sounds like a doush.

Good luck in your dealings with this punk don.

Novastar
03-30-2008, 10:59 PM
How about a b-twist with boots on tile floors? It's comin' in the BOP III "250" choreo. Albeit, yes, my spine was fractured at the time. Oh well. Suddenly feel like singing the "Jackie Chan" song, lol.

Do-Clo
03-31-2008, 12:11 AM
I was involved with an organization about 10 years ago, when this same situation came up. A person in this group decide to spread lies around that were so preposterous that I thought them to be unbelievable. I did not address them because I figured that no one would believe any of it. To my surprise I was wrong, people that I had known for years believed the rumors. The best part is the person who did all this has been removed from the group for his conduct and lies and yet some people in the community still will avoid me in public and I am not welcome in this organization. I decided to never let something like that happen again.

Onli-Won Kanomi
03-31-2008, 12:39 AM
My "bantha poodoo" detector went off as soon as that nerf herder punk opened his yawner...his unsupported third person claims then outright avoidance of specificity in subsequent posts showed him up as the lame whiner he is.

Whereas in striking contrast your patience and professionalism handling his complaints shows you as someone well worth doing business with, and furthermore the quality of your work as shown on forums speaks for itself so it is no surprise that your many satisfied customers speak highly of it and I hope someday to be one of them.

MTFBWY

Barmic Rin
03-31-2008, 01:05 PM
Onli, buy from Don asap. Worth every penny!

I think I speak for everyone when I say the douche is a lying TW*T!

It's clear he hasn't a leg to stand on with his 3rd party story, just lashing out coz mummy & daddy won't buy him his saber that he wants! You know, the sort of kid that actually screams the store down coz he can't get hold of a copy of GTA4 for another few weeks when he wants it NOW NOW NOW!!!!!

Euthanasia is too good for people like that.

DarthFender
03-31-2008, 02:09 PM
I would put him in the torture machine from "The Princess Bride". That is the sound of ultimate suffering. Then when he's done with that, we'll give him the Mind Probe. (That floating black orb thingy that Lord Vader used on Leia in EpIV.)

Then we'll hang him....
Then we'll kill him.....

On second thought........
Not worth the effort.

Darth Relin
03-31-2008, 02:13 PM
has the guy thats bashing you ever posted on theses boards or anyware else maybe hes just a really sad bored person. what a jerk

Do-Clo
03-31-2008, 11:53 PM
has the guy thats bashing you ever posted on theses boards or anyware else maybe hes just a really sad bored person. what a jerk

I have no idea who he is, if he is on the forums I am sure you guys have provided some reading material for him.;)

Novastar
04-01-2008, 02:53 AM
Yup, it's called a "false flag operation" if it truly is sinister to begin with--and not just some lone wolf acting alone.

So, I see your point, Don. :( Whatever that organization is... shame on them for believing rumors over evidence. Then again, look at this country. Look what it (as a whole) "believes" about 9/11... about campaign funding... about fluoride in the water... about a great many things!

But enough of all that... I'm not making comparisons so grandiose... just stating that... well... people believe what they wish--often despite evidence that shows the contrary. Especially when it involves WORK to look INTO such evidence and research for oneself!!

I mean, gee, just look at Don's sabers. You know, the photos. You know--happy customers who've posted videos or threads or whatever showing something. Just awful looking sabers, huh? lol :rolleyes:

I'm just sad to say that too often, someone's name can get dragged through the mud... even if the guy who OWNS the name--ain't even there.

I think we've all been there. To some degree.

DaJoQuim
04-01-2008, 04:31 PM
Don's one of my close friends and I will tell anyone Don's one of the best saber smiths out there!!I first hand saw a lot of his work and this guy does not have a clue on who he's bashing!!

Daj Nallig
04-02-2008, 06:26 PM
Don's one of my close friends and I will tell anyone Don's one of the best saber smiths out there!!I first hand saw a lot of his work and this guy does not have a clue on who he's bashing!!

He also doesn't have a clue about how many friends Do-Clo has, either!

DARTH KALEL
04-07-2008, 12:16 PM
Man this guy is obviously not an older man. Older men do not call people son. and so what if you used a sink piece for an emitter, so have i if it looks good and functions then rock on. I have personally seen 6 of your sabers and being a machinist myself, I was extremely impressed with the layout and work, keep it up and tell this guy to suck your saber, 35 years and not certified, must have down syndrom or something. I got certified with my company after 6 years. what a dumb mother trucker!!!!! lol sorry for the earlier language.

DarthFender
04-07-2008, 01:35 PM
To say this person has Down Syndrome might actually offend people with Down Syndrome. Because to have Down Syndrome you have to be human.

Hasid Lafre
04-07-2008, 01:40 PM
Ya know I actually had to look up what down syndrome is.

DarthFender
04-07-2008, 01:46 PM
IN a nutshell, its a genetic abnormality. it affects facial features and intelligence. And most of those afflicted with it would call this guy stupid.

Hasid Lafre
04-07-2008, 01:48 PM
Yeah I read that. it also said something about the crease on the palm of your hand.

I looked at my hand and a bunch of pics. Iam DS free.,

DDanDevious
04-08-2008, 07:46 AM
Im late to this thread, but wow. What a douche.

oh well, theres idiots like that everywhere. Chances are you work with one of them.

DDD

DarthFender
04-09-2008, 06:22 AM
Im late to this thread, but wow. What a douche.

oh well, theres idiots like that everywhere. Chances are you work with one of them.

DDD

If you work enough Jobs, you will eventually work for one (or more) of them.

thornwolf
04-09-2008, 06:48 AM
When reading the letter, there are obvious tell tale signs that the person just wants a cheap saber. If you look at his horrendously poor sentence structure, the focus is the price. The sentence that stood out for me was at the end of the second email, "please be a fair prson and lower your prices" (wow, he even forgot the e in person).

This sentence just seemed out of place. If you are so irate over the quality of work and never want to buy one, why would you: a) use the word “please”, b) want the prices lowered so badly.

Also he never goes into getting any kind of recompense for his “friend”, who is never the focus of any email, he’s mentioned here and there as a reason to write, but never the focus of any real point sentence structure wise, it's all about the $$$.

He’s probably a kid or early teen who is used to instant gratification and can’t get what he wants for the first time so he resorted to bullying and “telling” on you.

By the way if his ten year old son is so talented, he can send him over my place, I have a ton of maintenance projects around the house.

Finally, I feel your sabers look awesome; I especially liked the "Dark Star" and “Menevalence” from your gallery.

Barmic Rin
04-09-2008, 08:48 AM
The focus is the price.
He’s probably a kid or early teen who is used to instant gratification and can’t get what he wants for the first time so he resorted to bullying and “telling” on you.

http://www.affordablehousinginstitute.org/blogs/us/all_about_benjamins_small.jpg

Like I said, spoiled brat that can't get his own way. My attic needs reboarding, think his kid is any good at that?

Devilstar2k2
04-10-2008, 06:44 AM
Send him a free saber... made from a dildo, and cut 'I SUCK BALLS' into the blade film. ;)

Hasid Lafre
04-10-2008, 06:48 AM
LMAO SD2k2 thats prolly the funniest thing Ive heard in a long time. UnfortunatlyI cant sig that.