PDA

View Full Version : Rebel Maverick (pic to be built)

xl97
03-25-2008, 03:29 PM
(posted in the concepts/sketches thread too)

ok... Im finally gonna post '1' one of my designs... (my photoshop skills are average at best.. so shut it) ;) LOL

I have more I will post as they get closer to being built.. this one (hilt) should be done in roughly two weeks..

I have several other versions of the image with 'graphs/lines' in the back and ruler guides..

it doesnt have the bladeholder #3 (I think it is..ribbed one) partially showing.. but that is the one that will be used in final production.. (there is also a 'sith' version)

hope you like it.. feedback welcomed..

Thanks

Rebel Maverick

http://dmstudios.net/misc/rebel_maverick_1.jpg

Sethski
03-25-2008, 04:28 PM
It's difficult to tell, that's such a shoddy rendering...

...nah! Totally the opposite, I think you're being a bit modest about your photoshop skills, that's a really nice image of the saber lol...

...and a nice saber design it is as well - I like that it's quite streamlined and the layed materials/colours, also the grooves/lines/rings along the silver metalled sections are a nice touch I don't remember seeing elsewhere and as well the "vent" cutouts on the copper at the emitter and and the underside of the sleeve add to this.

I think it has enough of these nice details to make it aesthetically pleasing but not OTT or taking from it's uncluttered and practical aspect. A really pleasing design!

Look forward to seeing it happen ;)

Atomic
03-25-2008, 05:44 PM
Feedback...

How about...

HOLY CRAP! :)

It's... it's... beautiful!

BhujangiJedi
03-25-2008, 08:35 PM
Ya... I wouldn't mind having "average at best" photoshop skills. ;)

Nice saber, too!

Darth Tollo
03-26-2008, 04:56 AM
:shock:
I think I'm in love.

Vazan Maceu
03-26-2008, 07:04 AM
That concept looks really nice. Properly planned and built, and itīll be a masterpiece for sure :D