PDA

View Full Version : Luke ANH Major Conversion?

Jeescook
03-23-2008, 10:13 PM
I was just wondering, just out of curiosity, would you be able to pull all the electronics out of MR FX saber hilt, like the ANH Luke, and put a new sound board like the ultra sound or CF in and then pot a luxeon in, effectively making a whole new saber inside with MR hilt. I no its a long shot but i thought i'd ask if it was possible?:mrgreen:

Malaki Skywalker
03-24-2008, 04:13 AM
Thats fine, if i remember its called retrofitting, so your taking an MR hilt and retrofitting it with new electronics. It should easy judging by the ID of my Anakin ROTS hilt and with a bit of $$$

Hope this helps ;)

jpbeck
03-24-2008, 03:34 PM
I think it would be easy if you could get a blade holder made for it. I don't know why'd you want to go through the trouble-- it's still going to be MR Hilt. Now I was thinking of buying a Park's Luke ANH and putting a CF in that-- that would be sweet!

Dark Helmet
03-24-2008, 10:11 PM
a graflex led/blade adaptor will fit it, i got one for a friend's graflex and put it in my luke anh to try it out, it fit fine, just a bit snug.since you already have the hilt, and you would still have to buy the led/blade adaptor anyway, i say it's well worth it to get what you want. you will lose the ring under the shroud, but you could just trim the ring, and with a slight amount of stretching, slip it on the blade and glue it in place if you really want the full effect. you can also get a new glass eye button that acts as a blade retention screw from tcss, this will be a quick and painless way to do it. also, it's worth noting that the MR version doesn't have a split in the middle of the hilt, held together with an aluminum strap, the original graflex was not really designed to be swung and struck against other objects, plus, if the MR breaks, at least it wasn't an expensive antique... the parks replicas do look good though. then you have grip panels to consider, the MR grips will never slip, or come unglued since they mount through the hilt.....i think the MR will do fine as an accurate looking workhorse saber if you convert it.

LAN-ED-TUL
03-25-2008, 03:57 AM
well, my REAL graflexes hold up pretty well to hard dueling so far. im in process right now of redoing one with a TCSS graflex holder, and a LV green drove off a puck with recharge batt. no sound.

i cnat remember on the luke FX saber, if you will be able to leave the ears ring on there, or if thats part of the holder inside. i think it is, so yeah, that part will go bye bye, unless, you could remove the ears as well, and mount a replica or real set of ears and ring in its place. on my real graflexs, they all retain the ears and clamp rings, i have to squeeze them to open up the ring to slide in the blade.

kazei maru
05-27-2008, 06:46 AM
I was just wondering, just out of curiosity, would you be able to pull all the electronics out of MR FX saber hilt, like the ANH Luke, and put a new sound board like the ultra sound or CF in and then pot a luxeon in, effectively making a whole new saber inside with MR hilt. I no its a long shot but i thought i'd ask if it was possible?:mrgreen:

I was fortunate enough to get a CF V3.0 from Erv & was going to retrofit my Luke ANH to a luxeon. It seems like it will be fairly straightforward since the only thing you're using is the empty hilt. The internal components can be moved wherever they will fit.