PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Trial

Mur-Pa DiLos
02-15-2006, 12:10 AM
Hey everybody, I was wondering if besides in Clone Wars Vol. 2 is there any mention of the Jedi Trials and what they are. I've been looking all over, but I can't seem to find anything, so I'd figure I'd try you guys[:D]

Erik
02-15-2006, 09:45 PM
Mention was made in the Medstar book series. It ammounts to three tests, the last being the most personal and brings a jedi to the edge of the blade, they decide wether to cross over or not.

Mur-Pa DiLos
02-15-2006, 10:47 PM
The Medstar books are for the prequel books or the expanded universe after Return of the Jedi?

nich
02-16-2006, 10:20 AM
The trials are also mentioned in episode I. You also see one of the jedi trials in Empire which Luke fails. In case you don't know which part of the movie I'm talking about it's the part where he fights Vader and cuts off his head and discuvers him self.

Nightwing
02-16-2006, 10:24 AM
As far as I know, Clone Wars vol. 2 is the only place where the trials are detailed.

It was something like a list of three trials. Could someone with the CW2 DVD pull it out and give us a quote?

Nightwing
02-16-2006, 10:26 AM
As far as I know, Clone Wars vol. 2 is the only place where the list of trials is detailed. The book "Jedi Trial" is a sort-of alternate version of one of Anakin's trials.

Could someone with the CW2 DVD pull it out and give us a quote of the three trials?

EDIT: AAUUGGHH!!! PRESSED THE WRONG OPTION BUTTON!!!

desertscorpion
02-16-2006, 11:32 AM
I'll watch it again. But as far as I can remember, on the dvd, I can remember them referring to them, but not elaborating. I can infer, but I could be wrong, that two of the trials are something like: facing one's self, and facing one's enemy, but I don't know what the third is. It probably has something to do with show adequate control of the force, or something. I'd definitely like to know too, though.

Nightwing
02-16-2006, 11:43 AM
There was a trial of the flesh, and maybe a trial of courage or something.

james3
02-16-2006, 01:00 PM
OK I just popped in the dvd and we have:

Trial of skill
Trial of the flesh
Test of courage
Testing the spirit( facing the mirror)

yes I have nothing better to do with my life at nap time.