PDA

View Full Version : MHS saber ideas from a noob!

Cope
03-21-2008, 06:03 PM
I got 3 designs I am working with. Anyone got any ideas on how to improve or are they cool. 2 I have deal with powdercoating the pommel and or the mhs hilt area.

-Cope

DarthFender
03-21-2008, 06:53 PM
I like the third one, but then again I am a Sith. Are those designs to be yellow or brass/gold for the hilt?

Cope
03-21-2008, 07:39 PM
Brass gold powdercoat and the black one is that shiny black.... I think I like that more than matte black....

Dark Helmet
03-21-2008, 07:45 PM
i agree with fender, but it is a bit long for my own taste, then again, you will never have to worry about space to fit the electronics, and long hilts can balance out the weight of the blade pretty good too. the yellow in the hilt should pick up the blade color nicely, I'd say your on the right track to building a nice saber. there really is no such thing as wrong when you build the saber you want, but i would be curious to see one of those with an control box...maybe flip the 7 inch section the other way, and the box could cover the joint with the ribbed section, then put a slider switch in the box... just a thought though, the most important thing is that you are happy with your saber!

Cope
03-21-2008, 08:13 PM
I don't think I like the control box. I have been reading a lot of the comics and not many had control boxes. Lots of the sabers were really sleek one hilt jobbies.

Dark Helmet
03-21-2008, 09:17 PM
yeah, it's a good look, it feels good too... check the gallery, (custom sabers) control boxes are not very popular,and for a good reason..... it removes the 360 degree grip , i just like them to protect my switch from accidental shutoff...but I swing my saber all sloppy and dumb.....and drop it and fall down stairs...

Chen
03-22-2008, 01:08 AM
Well we now have recessed switches to help with that problem. It also helps that they look smexy :)