PDA

View Full Version : Evenness

Jeescook
03-19-2008, 01:25 AM
Everyone seems to have there own diffusers. Whats the absolute best mix for an even blade.

Malaki Skywalker
03-19-2008, 02:19 AM
Double Wrap of Corbin Film along with 6ft of PolyP also known as cellophane, heres a video done by Eandori, this should clear things up ;)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=VyJVyRDm0Y4

xl97
03-19-2008, 06:15 AM
new to the blade scene myself.. but will soon need to look into it..

so how does your suggested method differ from the 'erv' method?

does it?

Malaki Skywalker
03-19-2008, 07:49 AM
new to the blade scene myself.. but will soon need to look into it..

so how does your suggested method differ from the 'erv' method?

does it?

Its the same thing, its not my method, i was simply explaining it

xl97
03-19-2008, 08:37 AM
I didnt mean to suggest it was 'YOUR' method (per se`)

I meant the difference between the one you were explainnig and erv's.. but I see you stated they are the same. =)

thanks

Dark Navel
03-19-2008, 07:00 PM
If you go with the double film and the cellophane you will get a nice even blade but you will lose a bit of the traction/retraction of the blade.

Lord Maul
03-19-2008, 07:04 PM
The most even blade is hands down Xwing's nylon one. The Erv style blades are also quite nice though.

strengthofrage
03-23-2008, 05:34 AM
If you already have a pre-made blade from the shop then cellophane makes a sick difference. I couldn't get a roll that would allow me to do 6ft of it (I got mine from a gift wrap section in Wegman's) but I would say that the 3 - 4ft that I do have in there is a really big help.

DarthFender
03-23-2008, 10:07 AM
I gotta say, I was really underwhelmed at the lack of vrilliance from my Blue LuxIII. The saber it was in has a thick-walled blade with a double wrap of Corbin's film.

Then I added about 4 feet of cellophane, and you would not believe the difference. I was literally blown away. I would recommenr the Cellophane to any one using a Blue or Royal Blue Lux.

Novastar
03-23-2008, 10:07 AM
The most even blade is hands down Xwing's nylon one. The Erv style blades are also quite nice though.Although having not seen X-wing's blades in person... I would not say *anything* is "hands down" the most even.

The blades I have in the Flange III sabers are so ridiculously even, I would love to see them versus a lot of other films, and... maybe someday I'll be able to do that. However, I think a major reason why the blades ARE even are mainly because they've been thwacked against stuff over 4000 times a month. Yes, that's right... I did some estimations and rounded down. That was over the past six months when we were rehearsing a large amount of choreography. That means they've sustained at LEAST 24,000 hits... not counting screwing around or... kids playing around with them or whatever (sometimes students or friends/their kids want to play, lol).

Anyhow... I think there MAY be something to be said for the "most even UNTOUCHED blade", and then the whole "what happens when you beat this thing against other sabers thousands of times". And there are a lot of ways to make an even blade.