PDA

View Full Version : Darth Relin

Darth Relin
03-15-2008, 09:08 PM
This is my character's mask iam workin on gettin made later down the road once i get the maching saber finished. :D and it goes with all black sith robes and ill be using my black hakama "samuri pants" and my Gi top. its a very Darth Nihilus inspired set of robes when its all said and done.

Darth Relin
03-15-2008, 09:26 PM
heres me in my hakama pants at a karate turnny i won yes yes iam a 22 year old martial art starwars nerd my next goal is to do a sword demo with a lightsaber at a turnament some time soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_2Xa1PZqHA

37H4N
03-15-2008, 09:52 PM
That'll be a cool mask when it gets made! Cool video too.
I haven't realy looked into it but I've wanted to buy a karate Gi uniform but wasn't sure if I could buy one without joining a dojo or something. Also my mom doesn't want to go into a dojo to ask, she isn't realy a fan of martial arts. :(

ArkaiHalon
03-15-2008, 10:02 PM
I like the mask idea, has lots of potential. whatcha gonna make it out of?

34h4m, I got my gi on ebay. was like 30 bucks.

Darth Relin
03-15-2008, 10:15 PM
the gi i use is a middle weight so a good middle weight gi is about 45-50 bucks the light weights are about 30 and the heavy weights are about 60-80 bucks as for the mask i really want to make it out of fiber glass or plastic somthing like that maybe even wood somthing ridgied. a freind of mine made the orgianl relin mask below but i wanted somthing simpler so i redesignd in to somthing alot more sith and simpler looking wich is the drawing above. but heres the orignal concept. and it also kinda reminded me of a basketball

37H4N
03-15-2008, 10:32 PM
34h4m, I got my gi on ebay. was like 30 bucks.

I think I'll start my search there on the "world wide garage sale". Thanks Arkai.

Relin - Whats the difference besides price between the light, middle and heavy weight Gis?

Darth Relin
03-15-2008, 10:40 PM
thickness of the fabric light weight gives you alot of mobility middle weight the fabric is alittle heavir and heavy weghit is the thickest stiffess fabrice usally a really thick canvus. and the go by ounces.
light weight =6oz middle weight=8oz heavy weight=12oz :D

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
03-15-2008, 10:42 PM
The mask in those photos reminds me of a grasshopper's face.

Kind of cool looking. Like some kind of insectoid race.

37H4N
03-16-2008, 12:00 PM
thickness of the fabric light weight gives you alot of mobility middle weight the fabric is alittle heavir and heavy weghit is the thickest stiffess fabrice usally a really thick canvus. and the go by ounces.
light weight =6oz middle weight=8oz heavy weight=12oz :D

Thanks!
I'll probably check ebay for a light weight.

Darth Relin
03-19-2008, 04:04 PM
alright this is what iam goin for when the costum is all done i did this is paint copyin pastin and drawing to get this photo done. let me know what you think. :D

ArkaiHalon
03-19-2008, 04:05 PM
nice concept. very imposing, dark figure.

Drichar Deis
03-19-2008, 04:11 PM
DJB?

Nice very uber-sith!

BhujangiJedi
03-19-2008, 04:41 PM
Cool saber and costume.

I liked the video too. I thought it was funny that one comment on youtube knocked you for the XMA stuff - that was the part I liked! :) I'll admit, at first I was prepared to be bored, but then pleased as the video progressed.

I wonder what happened with Japanese sword arts... did no one learn from Musashi? I loved near the end of the book where he concludes the best style is to put a sword in each hand and turn yourself into a whirling ball of death to anything that gets too close. Goes great with gatka (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C54ie5mCLU), which is what I practice.

Darth Relin
03-19-2008, 04:52 PM
Yea i read the book of the five rings it was preety good. and that link to the vid you posted is badass i didint know that style exsited.

Klaatu
03-19-2008, 05:07 PM
I dig it. Its kinda like TMNT foot ninja meets Starwars

http://blog.ugo.com/images/uploads/tmnt_karai.jpg

DARTH KALEL
04-07-2008, 10:05 PM
yeah I really like the costume good look for the mask