PDA

View Full Version : I Need Conversion Help :(

mike-jon-sims
03-13-2008, 10:42 PM
ok, so ive done some digging thru old threads trying to figure this out and come up with nothing. Im in the process of converting my ROTS Anakin and im unclear on how to get the switch off. I've tried prying up with a small screwdriver but im having one hell of a time so im not sure that im going about this right. Am i supposed to be prying up the gold part or the black part underneath the gold? sorry for such a noobish question but its my first conversion and this is the only part that has me baffled.

xwingband
03-13-2008, 10:58 PM
You pry the gold part only. It just takes gently prying with a knife or something else small. Then it'll be obvious... two screws to lift the box up. Then two hold the switch in at the bottom.

mike-jon-sims
03-13-2008, 11:08 PM
thanx xwing. sadly in my attempts at prying it off, the gold part was destroyed:( .. but i have the thing off and i can always put a bubble strip or something where the gold was. feels like smooth sailing from here.

Ghostbat
03-14-2008, 09:28 AM
Yeah it took a lot of subtle pushing and prodding with no real results to speak of until it popped off. I was forewarned so it went all right, but I could easily see destroying it in the attempt.

On the plus side it's not that impressive a part visually so replacing it with something cooler can only help :)