PDA

View Full Version : MR Maul Help!!

TD-2272
03-13-2008, 10:33 PM
MY garrison CO has a ultrasaber converted maul in wich we are redoing to fit tims parts, his saber is very dim due to runing off the Mr board. Is it possiable to run a resistor some in there to bypass the board and keep sound, and the stock on-off turn nob. Help please!

xwingband
03-13-2008, 10:56 PM
The MR board runs a RED LED pretty well. While I won't say it's maxed I think the problem is more likely the batteries. AAA's don't run as long so it dims faster.

So short of a new driver to keep the brightness constant I don't think you're going to notice a difference.

TD-2272
03-13-2008, 11:00 PM
The MR board runs a RED LED pretty well. While I won't say it's maxed I think the problem is more likely the batteries. AAA's don't run as long so it dims faster.

So short of a new driver to keep the brightness constant I don't think you're going to notice a difference.

Thanks X but its dimmer than his stock MR's with fresh batteries.

LAN-ED-TUL
03-14-2008, 12:29 AM
then i suggest, replacing the led with a new L3 red, or red/orange led.

all the mr lux converts i did, all are brighter than the stock MR was. except the wifes mace convert to which she wanted a royal blue, and that is DEFINATELY dimmer.

TD-2272
03-14-2008, 06:12 AM
Thanks Lan I did that as well. I had put one of my red-o in it still dim, maybe it has cold joints. I'd did not do the wiring on it he bought it that way, maybe I'll re-solder it and see if that helps

xwingband
03-14-2008, 06:13 AM
Something has gone wrong internally then. Ultra knows what he's doing and unless I'm wrong in assuming it's a red LED it should kick the stock MR's butt.

LAN-ED-TUL
03-14-2008, 07:03 AM
i think your right X. if the leds ok, it has to be something else internal. i would recheck all the connections, its possible a wire broke loose on a connection someplace.

TD-2272
03-14-2008, 08:03 AM
Thanks guys, When I was looking at it last night it did not have the sleve in that ultra use's
I think who ever did this conversion did it wrong and when my CO bought it from him, he told my CO that it was done by Ultra, and I know Ultra doese good work.