PDA

View Full Version : On the way to Crystal Focus V4

Pages : [1] 2

erv
03-12-2008, 12:51 AM
The main topic about CF remain the one about "foie gras", but I'm opening this one to gather the customer wishes about this new upcoming version, and to exchange / discuss certain aspects and features I'd like to have in this V4.

As a reminder, here are the features we already have in the toast
RoadMap v3.1
- 6 sound banks (8 swings, 8 clash etc, like v1). Aux buttons pressed at startup => browsing the sound fonts, with an off-voice from the saber saying "bank one", "bank two" or... just put a descriptive sound you like ! could be a "preview" sound, the ignition sound, or something more descriptive like "sith config", "jedi config" "mixed config" etc. [done]
- one config file per sound bank, allows to have a damaged saber in one bank, a sith saber in the second one etc. [done]
- Boot sound. Just like your digital camera does. Can be a little sound "logo", or a "yes my master" if you like. [done]
- force push [done]
- pitch alteration of the swing sounds depending on the swing hardness. Maybe applied to clash, but it's meaningless IMO. [done]
- reverse the pitch shifting effect controlled by the orientation of the saber: lower with saber down, higher with saber up. Impossible to change the polarity of the effect, increasing too much the sample playback speed reduces too much the CPU power. Effect is hence "just" lowering the speed, saber up brings it back to normal speed (as setup on the sd card) [done]
- orientation of the saber controls pitch shifting but only for the hum and blade lockup effect[done]
- 4 LED sequence to illuminate the hilt when the saber is on. Sequence to be defined in an additionnal configuration file (LED.txt) on the SD card, with patterns and delays between transition of patterns [done]
- real low battery blinking indicator, voltage based [done]
- background music for the vocal menu [done]
- option to allow or not the play of the selected sound bank in the vocal menu Saves time when demontrating the banks or when heavily changing them. [done]
- optimized current measurement [done]
- blaster/force priority over swings : allows long blaster or force sounds not to be stopped by a swing to fake additionnal movements. Clashes however can break the sequence => variable duration for clashes [done]
- auxiliary circuit to drive an additionnal white flash (luxeon, simple LED) during blaster and clash. Specific duration of the flash can be setup on the card [done]
- instant on and off for the blade (already in 2.63) [done]
- blade lights up during iSaber, allows practice of a choreography with background music [done]
- additionnal flicker mode for iSaber : light is modulated with beat of the music [done]
- pulsing mode available in addition of the blade energy flickering mode (the so-called "movie flicker"). Not really screen accurate, but now that there are some alternate soundfonts like the phoenix blade of fire, this pulsing mode makes sense too. [done]
- shorten parameters name in the SD config file. Due to the growing number of parameters, I had to keep the param name short to stay under 512 bytes for the file size [done]

RoadMap for V4
- use a microSD card instead of the normal size SD card. I hacked a CF 3.0 to add a microSD holder. It works like a charm [done]
- Reduce the form factor of the board (to make it easier to install in a MHS, for instance, and because sometimes, size DOES matter) - the board is now 26.67 mm wide, I removed almost 1.6 mm [done]
- power on protection (same idea than the A-POP but for ignition) [done]
- test the board with 2 rebel in parallel @750 mA each + white clash flash [done]
- RGB mode to drive a endor / prolight or multiple LEDs, but ONE at a time, selection being made by changing of sound font with the vocal menu [done]
- Second force sound for the aux button combined with a clash. Allows the possibility to make a HUGE / SPECIAL clash sound (like you're REALLY angry before clashing the blade... a special sith feature :mrgreen:). Called force2.raw in the sound font. Additionnal parameter to enable/disable the feature. [done]
- additionnal + new random mode called RandomX. It does not repeat twice the same sound except in extremely rare case. It actually makes sure that you play all the 8 clash / swing sounds in sequence, but never twice the same sound. It does not replace the previous random mode, that is still working, it's an additionnal feature (random=3 in the config.txt file) [done]

as for the micro SD thing... Here are my thoughts about that, to explain why I'd like to move to this.
- I'm not able to get the good deal I had on the 32 MB SD cards you got with your CF.
- for basically the same price, you can get a 1GB microSD card
- the card works with the USB reader you already have since it's provided with an adapter, a sort of dummy SD card with a slot to insert the micro SD
- it's smaller and hopefully I can reduce the size of the board
- 1 GB allows to store more music for iSaber
- I finally found the microSD holder I was looking for. It's a bit more expensive but it's a pushin-pushout. The card is really locked and the contact with the card is better, it's should be even more reliable during hard shocks / blade impacts (I salvage a chair with an old blade testing a saber for a customer and after 5 minutes of impacts, the SD finally move a bit).
- micro SD are more expensive, but not so much, and they are now easy to find, at least easier than old and (theoritically) inexpensive small capacity normal SD cards.

feel free to ask "reasonnable" features so that I put them in the list. Please DON'T ask to drive 3 LEDs at the same time, that's all.

Novastar
03-12-2008, 01:56 AM
As everyone can probably imagine, this is gonna kick some serious arse...

Erv and I have just spoken, and he wanted me to convey a little bit more information for v4 that has been brewing "in the fires of Mordor" (or shall I say Plecterlabs) for some time:

SOFTWARE!

Yes that's right, a GUI interface that will simply help the user to get the data into the config.txt files, and select sound fonts... is in the works. No target date as of yet, but... it's in the works. Some thoughts on this:

* SOUND & VOCALS! = With any luck, the GUI will be made to act as your own personal droid--commenting here and there, acknowledging your choices and selections, sounds whizzing and rumbling. Berating you when need be. Totally kidding. ;) It is assumed Novastar will come up with SOMEthing for this. Although he'll probably have to barf up a lung in order to fulfill on THAT... ;)

* LED TYPE & PRE-CURRENT = If possible, we're hoping to add a safety feature that will WARN you if you're about to accidentally upload a LEDcurrent setting that is inappropriate for your LED! Granted, the warnings can be ignored... and they are based on the Luxeon or high-powered LED that YOU select in the software. Additionally, it allows for "over-driving" so you may set LEDcurrent above any "max continuous current" settings as suggested by manufacturers. Mais, s'il te plait: Mise En Garde!

* PRE-GLOW = Preview "what the blade will glow" like given (hopefully) real-time slidebars and values that you set... which is effectively modifying the flickerX settings and such. A graphic will appear, and glow/flicker/pulse in a way that is similar to what you will see on your physical saber. Nice! ;)

* PRE-COLOR = You'll be able to select the color for the sound font/config. profile if you're going with some kind of RGB. Even if you aren't, you can have fun and preview a color.

* PRE-AUDIO = Well, it's true that you can do this with Erv's mixer or simply play the audio files in your favorite music player... but why not hear the sounds prior to loading them into your saber?

* AUDIO PACKAGES = They'll be a part of the software, defaulting to certain sets... but you can then choose some OTHER package (also included!)... or specify your own! Whether modified, brand new, silly, or otherwise... :) For safety, defaults can never be destroyed, and so--you will never have worry of a "non-working" font (unless it is your own and has bugs!)

* AUDIO "MIND-TRICK" OPTIMIZER = This might not happen, but... *MY* hopes are to allow users to essentially run a newer or self-made sound font through an optimizer, so that the following issues can be resolved in "one swift stroke" as Tarkin might say:
--- Remove pops & clicks (zero crossing point tweak)
--- Optimize filesize (CF buffering adjustment tweak)
--- Normalize sounds (check volume levels, look for distortion & fix if possible)
--- Import MANY sound formats! (.mp3, .wav, .au, etc. -- converted to .raw)

* Bullets, Value boxes, Slider bars, On/Offs, etc. = As you can imagine, you will be able to more easily set parameters such as blaster, current, auxreboot, switch, instanton/off, offprotect, onprotect, etc. etc. etc. Obviously appropriate controls will be for such parameters (i.e. a range of values from 0-255 might be a slide bar or input value... whereas "offprotect" is either on or it ain't... :) )

* DROID FILE CHECK = If you are missing a file, hopefully you'll be made aware of it prior to doing your upload. If a file is problematic in some way (type mismatch?) you will also be made aware.

* DROID FILE COPY TOOL = Instead of having to manually format your SD card... well, when your fonts and configurations are ready... press the droid button, and wait a few minutes. That's it, your CF is ready for action!

Keep in mind: some, none or all of these may or may not be implemented. But... the idea is simply to keep everyone aware... CF GUI *IS* coming... only a matter of time now...

;)

Hasid Lafre
03-12-2008, 02:05 AM
One thing I haven't understood yet is this.

With the 8 clash 8 swing sounds thing. Does that mean that in one sound bank you can have up to 8 different clash and swing sounds?

If I understood that wrong then maybe that's something that can be implemented.

Maybe an easier way to get to the menu, I sometimes have problems getting into the menu. I find the easiest way is to hold the aux button with a kill key in the recharge port, then pull the kill key out and release the aux button.

Maybe implement something like what Eandori did with the clash flash using a separate led to make the clash flash.

With the larger SD card we could have many many banks to choose from. so maybe have like a back up feature when going through the sound fonts so you dont have to go thru the whole list again to get to something towards the end. Like press the aux button twice quickly to go back a bank, sorta like how isaber works.

Inbank volume control maybe? IIRC theres a volume "knob" on the board anyway so maybe have it done in the sound bank that way one wouldn't have to take the board out of the hilt to change the volume of the saber or potentially damage something on the board trying to get the small screwdriver in there.

That and if will lesson the space it would take up on the board.

If its already like this then ignore this idea.

Oh as for teh size of the board itself, will it be possible to stack the board on top of say a AA battery pack like the one tim sells then still have it fit in the normal mhs sections?

I cant really think of anything else. Iam sure novas got alot of ideas.

LOL ok I was a bit slow.

Novastar
03-12-2008, 02:26 AM
8 clashes and 8 swings... this is correct, Hasid. For each sound font you can have swing1,swing2,swing3,swing4....swing8... and clash1,2,3,....,8. :)

I agree that the booting and menu could be improved... I've mentioned this before to Erv, but--he has said it's hard to get past his engineering background to always "confirm" choices. We'll see what can be done... it's true, sometimes the reboot is tough, I know.

Clash flash... I *THINK* this might already be there... but I have to check with Erv... however the case, it is not a "simple lead" right now I believe...

Volume... that is a good idea software-wise... I think you can control the beep volume--but not the sound volume via software. Good one!

6 sound fonts, so "back up" button press... that one, I think will be up to Erv... I understand your point, I have "skipped over" the font I wanted once or twice, but... it takes maybe 4 seconds for me to get to re-cycle the menu... granted, if one day there are TEN fonts in the saber at a time... it might be different! But for now, I think it stays as 6, maximum.

Lessen space w/ SD... I think that is just what the MicroSD will do, Hasid, so... wish granted! Additionally it seems the SD card will be held in much tighter, and avoid any "looseness".

Good ideas, Hasid! There is nothing wrong with posting an idea even if seems "so-so". Only ones NOT to post are crazy ones like Erv was alluding to: "can it drive 9 lux at once" or "how about 60 sound fonts" or "how about add cell phone option".

I have been TRYING to get Erv to implement the "Butter My Toast NOW" option... but he just doesn't LISTEN! ;) :) heheheheh

erv
03-12-2008, 02:39 AM
With the 8 clash 8 swing sounds thing. Does that mean that in one sound bank you can have up to 8 different clash and swing sounds?

do you have a CF already ? (no offense, just asking, I don't remember). Yes, just as it's described on the item page for a long time, CF has, from the V1 and even before 8 sounds of clash and 8 sounds of swings per sound bank. It's quite easy to notice on the numerous videos that you don't have always the same swing / clash sounds.

Maybe an easier way to get to the menu, I sometimes have problems getting into the menu. I find the easiest way is to hold the aux button with a kill key in the recharge port, then pull the kill key out and release the aux button.

when the blade is off, press the aux button for 3 sec, beep, release, confirm, beep, and keep the button pressed, you jump directly in the menu. It's shorter on V3, maybe you have a 2.61 but... I don't see how "easier" it could be. I never use the kill plug to do that, and believe me, you don't want another special button for that. I just hate the idea of a TV-remote control-Saber.
I don't see what's wrong with the menu access...

Maybe implement something like what Eandori did with the clash flash using a separate led to make the clash flash.

:confused: it's already there on V3 since november... Eandori got a proto of the firmware on a old 2.5, then I implemented this on V3. You have the aux clash output, mean to drive directly a little 5 mm LED or a bigger one (luxeon) using a power xtender. I did not include the possibility to directly drive the luxeon onboard because it increases the size of the board and it concerns 1% of the user's (most people don't include blinking LEDs / motor / aux flash / PLI in their saber)

With the larger SD card we could have many many banks to choose from. so maybe have like a back up feature when going through the sound fonts so you dont have to go thru the whole list again to get to something towards the end. Like press the aux button twice quickly to go back a bank, sorta like how isaber works.

you point out an important thing : user interface. I'm against a large number of soundfont cause browsing becomes boring. It's been really improved on V3, and now you can even choose if you wanna hear the confirmation of the SF you chose, so... okay, maybe 8 SF instead of 6 but... are you really using that, or is just to show up with your friend to demonstrate all the sounds you have... Please (all of us, not pointing hasid) think about general usage not the "hey look 'ma check out all the 49.6 sound fonts I have in my saber".

Inbank volume control maybe? IIRC theres a volume "knob" on the board anyway so maybe have it done in the sound bank that way one wouldn't have to take the board out of the hilt to change the volume of the saber or potentially damage something on the board trying to get the small screwdriver in there.

good idea. Actually I tried, but the digital volume setting takes too much CPU. Basically you don't really want to get a volume setup, you get it at the max level the batteries / speaker allow without saturation. Now, the possible use is : I want to pratice saber at night with a little sound, but shy, and I don't want to trim the volume potentiometer. Completely right ! then take any sound font, edit all the files turning the volume 70% down and install it again on the SD. You obtain a low volume pratice Sound font. Or take ALL the SF you like, lower the volume on all of them (using the batch processor of sound forge, it's done in about 15 seconds) and use a spare SD card you install in the saber by removing the pommel. You then have the normal SD and the whisper saber one. ;)

as a general remark, folks, please ensure you've read the user's manual of V3 and the roadmap above, cause I don't want to spend my time saying over and over "this is already there, this was made 2 years ago". The roadmap is the summary of the features.
thanks
Erv'

Jeescook
03-12-2008, 02:42 AM
Would it be possible to make the blade lock up work without having to press the aux button?:)

Hasid Lafre
03-12-2008, 03:02 AM
Well I havent been on the times latly and I get lost in a post then my brain trails off somewhere else then I foget what I was doing.

I got a CF and I havent been abel to really mess with it as I havent even got it neat a hilt yet. Ive messed with my brothers V3 that hes got but havent really messed with it ya know. Just trying to get an idea for the feel of it with a saber so I can plan where I need to put things like switches.

Again Iam just not sure of somethings. How they sound in my head when typing them
out.

About the switch menu thing I wasent really meaning add another switch but I just find it diffacult sometimes and I it was with my brothers v3 saber.

I press teh button, it beeps, I press it again(hold or otherwise) I get a sound that is different depending on the bank it was on, but its like when pulling the kill key out it makes a boot sound of sorts I beleave. But no menu. sometimes it works grate but sometimes it dosent, I just say hell with it and get the kill key and do it that way(insert kill key/hold aux/remove kill key/release aux button).

I in my posession have a 2.63(but the board says 2.61) so Iam not sure what the smaller detals are between the versions like that.

I read the road map and that but somehow my questions came out different in my head.

Persionally I would rather have one SD card with many sond fonts than many sd cards with small number of sound fonts, I have the tendancy to misplace things when I just had them and never find them till like a month or 2 later or never again.

I dont know just some ideas for us kluts's out there(I know iam not the only one).

But for the Eandori thing I was thinking make it easyer. like sence you got the spots ont eh board to wire these things in anyway maybe a seperate thing in the sd card where you can make it be an accent led or a clash flash led.

killphil
03-12-2008, 03:06 AM
The one idea I've been musing over for sometime would be something along the lines of swing sensitivity. I know the swing plays in accordance to the force used, but what if you could take that a spet further, You get one of 3 of the more softer, shorter swings if you swing with minimal effort. Put more effort into it, and then get one of 2 "medium" swings, and lastly, with the last 3 swings, make those the double swings, spins and such that would only be activated while rigorously sping/swing the thing.

Of course the pitch or speed of whatever swing you manage to activate would still be determined by the force oput into it, but only while in the parameters of the sensitivity you activated(light, med, and full on swings).

Any of this make sense? Hope so.

Don't even know if it's possible, but thought i'd throw that out there in case.

Maybe the same could be done for clashes too, I was thinking

Novastar
03-12-2008, 03:13 AM
Hasid -- you have to press and hold... wait for the beep, then release, press and HOLD AGAIN... then, it should reboot into the menu. At this point, you can release it--maybe a bit earlier too as it starts the menu sound.

Sound fonts... well, at the present way CF functions, only 6 fonts are possible. Before, it was 4 (in v2)... but Erv was able to eek out 2 more! Personally, I think 6 is *PLENTY* more than people will use in a single saber. I hardly go through them all myself! And I CREATED like 10 of the fonts, lol.

Jesscook -- This is a good idea, but is rife with expense, problems, and practicality issues. Some threads have been devoted to this in the past, and Erv has actually made a short video example of it in early testing stages: http://youtube.com/watch?v=tsd_wRuIYrE

So... not to say it's impossible... just that some kind of pressure-sensitive or "distance-sensing" setup for the blade causes ENORMOUS issues... some of which don't produce the effect you might be suspecting it would dole out. But hey, an effect that is not so hard to get by placing your button in a good place where you just "squeeze" and you're good.

An interesting solution I've wanted to try is some kind of button (or buttons) that can be actuated all around the diameter of the saber... so when you squeeze from ANY position or "attitude" of the saber... the button is always there.

This too could present problems... lockups happening TOO often, lol.

Novastar
03-12-2008, 03:16 AM
The one idea I've been musing over for sometime would be something along the lines of swing sensitivity. I know the swing plays in accordance to the force used, but what if you could take that a spet further, You get one of 3 of the more softer, shorter swings if you swing with minimal effort. Put more effort into it, and then get one of 2 "medium" swings, and lastly, with the last 3 swings, make those the double swings, spins and such that would only be activated while rigorously sping/swing the thing.It does make sense! I'm not sure how noticeably different that would be versus setting it to random, but... who knows, maybe Erv can play with this.

Me, I wouldn't mind a "bubbled" random sort where no sound is ever played twice in a row. :)

erv
03-12-2008, 03:31 AM
all points taken, direction : my todo list
swings / clashes classifications : it's mainly a question of making the sounds themselves

hasid : One CF to have tons of sounds fonts... no offense but I'm not going to implement something "just" because you don't know where you put your stuff. Again, not throwing tomato but... you get the idea. Sometimes people ask things / features because it's "easier for them" but actually it's because they don't want to go over certain difficulties. For instance, I use boxes and suitcases for my sabers, I have "kits" I bring with me to conventions and nothing is missing. Always have some spares allen keys in each kit.
You have yellow teeth ? wear a brown tie. Hack the world and get organized ;)

As for the "more easier to wire" : it does not make any sense. CF, with all the possibilities will *always* remain hard to wire, with lots of wires. If I was including all the things in a "simple way to wire with pads everywhere", the size will be multiplied by 2 or 3. Noone wants that. Who want a fisher price saber when you started with a custom aluminium one ? Or go back to DUPLO when you started working with lego techniks ?

Yes it's hard, and yes this kind of wiring isn't for everyone. Not meaning to be an elitist person, but I won't make it easier to wire to get the double size.
I know I sharp on that, but I'm not insulting anybody :D

Jeescook
03-12-2008, 04:42 AM
Are you actually working on these yet or are you just in the ideas stage? I'm building a saber with crystal focus in it so i was going to get one of the next batch of version 3's but should i wait for version 4?

killphil
03-12-2008, 05:47 AM
It does make sense! I'm not sure how noticeably different that would be versus setting it to random, but... who knows, maybe Erv can play with this.

Me, I wouldn't mind a "bubbled" random sort where no sound is ever played twice in a row. :)

Glad to see you agree here.

As too the noticeability, if this would work out so that a small, light swing wouldn't sound like a triple spin and vice versa. The way I thought, only the fast double or triple swings(several swings in one swing font) would register, is if you were, in fact, spinning and thrashing the saber about.

If you made small getsers, you'd get the "whoomps and "vrms" like what Luke's saber sounded as Luke casually played around with it after 1ft recieving it.

So there would still be randomness, like spinning the saber, you would get one of 3 high register swing sounds, and likewise, small or medium swings would randomly generate a swing sound out of those categories.

Like I said, I have absolutely NO idea if this is even do-able but thought I'd throw it in just in case.

erv
03-12-2008, 06:17 AM
I do think that adding selection rules for the different sounds is perfectly doable, depends how they are written, but it does not take so much CPU to decide.
I guess I have to watch some duels again in the movies to see how sounds are chained and try to extract a sort of "general rule" !

Mad Hatter
03-12-2008, 06:50 AM
What ever happened to the "force touch" activation feature? Is that something that would be a v4 feature? Or is it an external accessory? Or has it totally gone away?

erv
03-12-2008, 07:17 AM
can be an accessory since it's just an emulation of a momentary switch, but... from what I've tried, I'm not totally convinced...

Sethski
03-12-2008, 10:51 AM
Cheers guys, this is all interesting and good news.

The GUI/software sounds exciting, as well as the possibility of slimming down the board fractionally with the change to a micro SD setup - as anyone who's installed electronics into a hilt knows, every mm matters. :)

The only other thing that comes to mind for a future iteration of Crystal Focus would be the possibility of a mini USB input or equivalent that allowed for changes to fonts and configuration without having to open up the hilt, rather by connecting the hilt to a USB port on a computer. I don't know if this is feasible from the point of view of size of components, etc - has this been considered before?

...and Novastar - your work is also very much appreciated and I do intend to show my appreciation via Paypal when I'm next in a position to (I'm studying at the mo, so I'm not always cashed up, but I expect to be a bit better off later in the month).

(Also posted on FX-Sabers forums, reposted to share with folks here who don't visit there ;))

erv
03-12-2008, 11:51 AM
USB : no never
(my answer about that is getting shorter and shorter lol :mrgreen:)
despite the sharp answer, it's not "stupid", it's just that :
- USB plug = usb cable, never there when you need it
- requires a computer, all the time, while SD cards can be swapped
- custom drivers for mac-pc-linux / expensive flash memory onboard
- where do you place this bloody USB plug (you also need to implement a recharge port and fit the speaker)
- I hate USB myself ;)

no offense, the question is poping out from times to times. In the design of the saber, I admit that the access of the SD card is not so easy but... how often do you do that ? During testing and setup, I admit that you have to go back and forth but... after that, it's inside, almost forever.
Then for testing the sound fonts a get the result, how they sound, sure, you have to remove the SD card several times. The GUI software could help for that to test and simulate the saber :D

Sethski
03-12-2008, 02:01 PM
No worries, I just liked the idea of my saber hooked up to my computer and was thinking that the USB mini B sockets are pretty tiny. I was also thinking "as well as" rather than "instead of", ideally a setup where the CF effectively acts as an reader/interface between the card and USB for the option of convenience on that front and you still had the option of swapping out cards.

...but I do appreciate if you've been asked and responded to this a few times before and it's not part of the plan ;). Believe me, my CF makes me smile an awful lot as it is...

And I agree it's only really a PITA getting it in and out of the hilt during the initial testing and configuration of how the CF responds when it's actually in the hilt. The software and a clickable in/out action on the holder willhelp with this, too.

Cheers. :)

vortextwist
03-12-2008, 02:14 PM
I'm pretty satisfied with the CF the way it is except for the size, I love that you are goin to the mini memory card. I'm not so concerned with the length of the board as I am with the width. great stuff you guys are coming up with.

Luke-SkyMarcher
03-12-2008, 03:02 PM
The GUI sounds awesome! I had a similar idea a while ago, glad to see I wasn't the only one!

One idea I've had that I've mentioned before is a modification of swing depending on direction of saber movement. For example, you execute a swing from up to down, the saber takes a generic swing and slows the last 1/4 or so depending on the angle. You move from down to up and it takes the last 1/4 of the sound and speeds it up slightly.
I'm not sure how it would actually sound in reality, just in concept it seems to me that it would aid in reality.

Also, with the pitch bending of the normal hum, would it be feasible for the module to raise the volume of the hum slightly during pitch bending for a sort of "mini swing" effect?

Madcow
03-12-2008, 06:48 PM
I love v. 3.0 as is!

The only thing I can suggest is...

I'd love to utilize the bargraph animations as a standby feature... when the board is active but the saber is off. ie - when the rechage key is out.

I'm a big fan of Erv's work, and his customer service.

Cheers,
MC

xwingband
03-12-2008, 07:35 PM
CF has always been WAY above other boards so the GUI and all the fancy stuff is just the icing on our butterscotch cake. I'm happy as is with the software.

If you could save 2mm on width though I'd love it. My Parks sabers are an utter pain to fit the CF. It fits like a fat man in a speedo.

sekrogue1985
03-12-2008, 08:06 PM
i just got my 2.6whatever repaired woots. this will be interesting the new board. yes size does matter a smaller board would be better because then one can then build casing for it to prevent for shock if your hilt ever get's hit and then **** happens and your SD card holder becomes dislodged. yeah... anywho Erv I'd like to say woots to the idea of the micro cards. as for this - RGB mode to drive a endor / prolight or multiple LEDs, but ONE at a time...i prefer the single LED stuff the RGB yet to get one or see what they do and what not. and not smart on that end. that stuff about the software very very interesting would make doing stuff much well more entertaining IDK. Over all i'll probably get one but yeah i like my board and the fancy stuff the board already does enough hahhaa.

Jeescook
03-12-2008, 08:48 PM
Mac and vista support for configuring the sound fonts would be nice

Onli-Won Kanomi
03-12-2008, 08:55 PM
Erv please forgive me if this is a dumb question I shouldnt ask but would the "RGB mode to drive a endor / prolight or multiple LEDs, but ONE at a time" also allow driving one of the WHITE endors [specifically thinking of the 540 lumen white Endor] with all the whites on full power??? I'd be very happy with a CF4 running RGB Endor for night uses but I'd be ECSTATIC with a CF4 running white Endor to 540 lumens!

erv
03-13-2008, 12:40 AM
ONE led at at time, endor is composed of 3 LEDs.
I still have to check if my board can handle more power supply voltage to get a full endor (wired in serie) working with CF.

Novastar
03-13-2008, 01:01 AM
CF has always been WAY above other boards so the GUI and all the fancy stuff is just the icing on our butterscotch cake. I'm happy as is with the software.

If you could save 2mm on width though I'd love it. My Parks sabers are an utter pain to fit the CF. It fits like a fat man in a speedo.LOL @ fat man + speedo, hahahahahah

More like... raspberry jam and whipped cream on your buttered toast?

RE: RGB stuff...

Yup, this concept is best handled by Erv, but the general jist is... well, MOST RGB LEDs would require three separate drivers to drive each LED, all at possibly differing voltages and currents (although G & B are usually pretty identically driven). Anyhow... I think what Erv is saying is... you're not going to get *ALL* of the colors to individually behave differently... and you may not even be able to drive all of them at once. He'll have to further extrapolate.

However, WHATEVER the case--you could always:

CF goes to the "R" let's say...
direct drive + resistor/whatever to the "G"...
direct drive + resistor/whatever to the "B"...

or...

CF goes in series for G & B... (current needs to be set correctly)
R is set as the "clash flash" option w/ power Xtender.
or whatever combo you like.

etc.

Anyhow... let's see, a list of
What can possibly work:

* GUI... duh... oh! and many are mentioning MAC support--very good idea. I don't think it should be a problem *IF* it's relatively easy to do a workaround "copier" program/instruction set for the way the files are constructed on the SD. Macs add extra file headers and do weird things that are troublesome for CF... although those with Macs should play around--test it out. It won't hurt CF... it just won't work if the fonts/configs fail to "copy correctly".
* Reduce CF's size... looks like request is both a little < width, a little < length... but more requests thus far on width... by 2mm for X-wing... :) lol fat man + speedo. Ate too much Buttered T.
* "Bubble randomizer"... simple bubble sort when choosing a random # that might take up a bit more CPU, but prevents any one clash/swing sound from playing twice in a row (on a random or dynamic setting)
* Swing/clash SELECTION... that is, what acceleration range plays what sound (in a particular option) could certainly be more specific. Like swing1 = 0-32, swing2 = 33-64, etc. for a rough example. I don't know WHY this would matter too much anymore, but... I guess it could be done.
* Force "touch"... essentially a touch sensitive switch. This is "just another" switch, although yep, these can produce results that people might not want--despite how "good" it sounds. Depends.
* Bargraph indicators active during "idle"... this seems like a cool idea--maybe even an "idle" sequence and an "ON" sequence. After all, "on" would look quite alive and idle... should... uh... be kinda idle. Methinks. :D

Things that cannot work (for whatever reason provided, whether you think it is "good" or not is irrelevant, hehehh ;) )

* Lockup w/o button press = possible but VERY complicated for so little ROI. No can do, no way, Furrgett it...
* USB = hellishly "complexifies" things. it's MUCH more than just "another type of connector", it opens an entire can of Pandora's whoop-ass that a small 8 to 10Mhz CPU just doesn't need to be burdened with... so... No can do, sister. Forget it! It's road nachos.
* Digital volume = too much CPU, too little ROI. Besides... if you don't want sound, I have another idea... put on iSaber mode. Don't play music. Turn on saber. Done. :)
* Swing / clash classification (more of a maybe instead of "no") = this may be better left to the user to define a "lighter" swing1 up to the most aggressive and "hardest" swing8 (or clash1-8). Technically, I already pay attention to this with *MY* sound fonts. I know Erv does. I can't account for other folks' fonts.

That's the best summary I can give for now.

erv
03-13-2008, 01:42 AM
excellent summary
for the bubble random mode, it's not really complicated, I'll see if I have some more RAM bytes to implement that !

Novastar
03-13-2008, 03:21 AM
Awesome! The way I figured it, really two ways to do it... one using more CPU, the other--more RAM:
-------------------------------------
(quasi) Bubble sort 1 (possibly more CPU, especially if it picks the same number a few times in a row and has to go back for another):

Initialize: Rnd_num.
Initialize: Snd_last. It can also begin as 1, or whatever, 1 to 8.

Get Rnd_num.
If Rnd_num = Snd_Last... go back and get another, dangit!!
Got one. Set Snd_Last = the currently received Rnd_num.
Play the current sound as "swingX", where X is Snd_Last, # from 1-8.
...Aha, the user triggered yet another swing... (repeat)

It's alright. Not the most efficient, heheheh.
-------------------------------------------

Bubble sort 2 (more of an array, where the "used" number is left out until the new one has gone through a "round")

Initialize: array of 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8.
Initialize: Rnd_num.
Initialize: Snd_Last.

Get Rnd_num from array.
Play the clashX where X is Rnd_num, # from array table.
Replace (or skip step if 1st run) Snd_last back into the array.
Set Snd_last = the currently received Rnd_num.
Remove Snd_last's value from the array.
Repeat when new clash detected...
----------------------------------------
NOTE: Personally, I like this one BETTER, since it SEEMS like it is more efficient... but I'm not sure, you'll have to do your stuff, Erv!

I realize my little "psuedo-code" may not actually HELP someone like Erv... (and I'm sure Edwin is LAAAAUGHING, heheh!!!) but it helps me to be certain that the idea is feasible and not some giant memory/CPU hog... by fleching out the details, giving myself a reminder of the old C++ days.

I actually used to use the first "bubble sort" in an old retarded text-only video game I wrote WAAAAAAAY back in the day! It was pretty neat, but... I was the only one of my friends who liked it, hahahaha...

BlackDOG
03-13-2008, 08:27 AM
I actually used to use the first "bubble sort" in an old retarded text-only video game I wrote WAAAAAAAY back in the day! It was pretty neat, but... I was the only one of my friends who liked it, hahahaha...

Yeah I rememebr those days......I made a text only called "Mine Masters"

Erv'....... the micro SD seems to be a great idea....I have 4 gigs on my phone/pda...and the card is really tiny and seems to be more secure (ie kinetically stable) than some cards I have messed with.

Onli-Won Kanomi
03-13-2008, 12:31 PM
Thanks Erv so the RGB Endor mode would work like the 'Joe Jedi' construction set with one colour 'on' at a time not mixing colours do I understand that correctly? If so that still sounds pretty good to me...but i'm certain so would the present v3 if I ever get to hear one; just have to hope to get luckier with the 'gold rush' [since to us saberfans a CF is like gold eh?] next time I guess lol

luis rojas
03-14-2008, 07:41 AM
Hi you all. I've already have one 2.6 CF and I LOVE it. So I will do anything to improve her little sister the V4.

I think a great feature will be to drive a RGB led (or eben better 3 high power leds like lux III, K2 or even lux V) and to set up the current (or voltage) to each color with each sound bank so you can combine these three colors to have any color you want just changing sound banks.

I heard here about a sound bank for a broken saber, that would be awesome with a config file that only flashes the led and doesn't leave it lit giving the hole idea of a broken lightsaber.

They're are just some ideas, Thanks for the oportunity.

erv
03-14-2008, 08:24 AM
luis, like others : please read the roadmap page one.

feel free to ask "reasonnable" features so that I put them in the list. Please DON'T ask to drive 3 LEDs at the same time, that's all.

"ONE led AT A TIME", no color mixing. It will be like the joe jedi board, that's it. Possiblitly to have actually 4 different LEDs, not only 3, if you can fit them in a single 20 mm star PCB. Using this RGB thing, you give up on the blinking LED bargraph, though.
I have for the moment NO POSSIBILITY to have 3 SEPARATE drivers and PWM.

broken saber : the energy flickering parameters + the new energy pulse mode perfectly allow that since 2.63.

power up protection workaround is now done and programmed. I've also added a new featured (whisper request of novastar a week ago or so) : second force sound when aux button is combined with a clash instead of a swing. Details of the feature on the first page in the V4 roadmap.

Bubble random mode is on the way ! (I need a piece of paper to work on the algorithm)

erv
03-15-2008, 10:56 AM
CF V4 roadmap part I is there !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hhloMNZvUM

it's just a little demo of a few points discussed above. It also demonstrates the white clash flash !

Jeescook
03-17-2008, 03:30 PM
Sorry to steal your thunder Erv but i noticed that the roadmap to CF v4 part 2 is already up on youtube.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8QtO-cG9as
I just watched it, can't wait to Version 4.

Malaki Skywalker
03-19-2008, 09:43 AM
Erv' I don't know if you have already thought about it, but is it a possibility for V4 to have more Blaster deflect sounds? Or am i months behind thinking it only has the one? :lol:

erv
03-19-2008, 12:03 PM
I've thought about that, even in the past. Multiple force sounds, multiple blaster sounds. Problem is... RAM... I'm already quite tight on that point. I'll see what I can do ! :D

DACOTA
03-21-2008, 03:53 PM
Wow I am just overwhelmed with everything Nova was talking about! Hopefully most of that isnt necessary or else i'll be totally overwhlemed and lost. But I love what you added so far, some great refinements going on. I wonder if there is a possibility to have that little pcb for the micro sd card somehow mounted to the inside of the hilt for surface accses. What do you think?

erv
03-22-2008, 12:07 AM
let's say it's "more possible" with the micro SD card. I think I'll add the wiring pads so that the micro SD holder can be move away. That supposes another little PCB and a choiceof wire, but it's actually like that on my prototype and it works.

=> To Do list !

Novastar
03-22-2008, 02:09 AM
Something just occurred to me as you guys were mentioning "multiple force/blaster"... and yes, I've known from the start approximately how much RAM is left, and it ain't much... but... I've an idea, albeit might not be a good or workable one. Have to defer to the programmer! :)

Sent you a message, Erv... this one's too weird to explain here...

erv
03-22-2008, 06:51 AM
I'll answer to this one later but for now : the board new board is now 26.67 mm wide, I removed almost 1.6 mm. Can hardly remove more without making the board difficult to solder (for me during assembly and for you as well)

Erv'

DACOTA
03-22-2008, 02:15 PM
Is that micro holder for the micro card going to be on the board as well as have the option of using the adapter for the micro card to make is full size?

erv
03-23-2008, 12:21 AM
Not sure I totally understand the question, which actually sounds as a mix of 2 questions.

It's clearer on the roadmap video part 1, I think. Each micro SD card will be provided with a SD adapter. This way, you don't need a custom reader, it will work as a normal SD for read write.
Meaning that you can use it in a CF V1, V2 or V4, as well as V4

By default, the micro SD holder will be soldered on the board. Now the board is less large and the microsd holder is thinner, it's easier to stack the board on the batt pack.
It's also possible to put the holder a bit further from the board, but I haven't made the little pcb for the moment. It work without a pcb too, with wrapping wire, just like I did on the prototype.

DACOTA
03-23-2008, 04:24 PM
What I meant was will the cf board have both the standard size card holder and the micro holder. But you already answered my question, thanks Erv.

erv
03-24-2008, 02:28 AM
I kind of understood that :D
the final answer is "no" : just the micro sd holder on board. Now the board is smaller and the regular SD holder wouldn't fit anymore
(sorry for saying maybe the same thing twice, that's just for clarification, if needed)

happy easter !

Erv'

DACOTA
03-25-2008, 03:06 PM
Ok, that makes perfect sense. Thank you master of buttered toast!

Mad Hatter
03-25-2008, 05:38 PM
Just watched the video of the 2 green + white to simulate an endor with 2 matching colors wired in parallel on the main output, and a white for clash flash run off a power extender. Very cool :)

This will work with a version 3 board as well right?

(I'm assuming it was a CF3 in the video.)

erv
03-27-2008, 02:51 AM
yep, that would work with a V3 without any problem ! no firmware modification needed for that use / experiment.

Third part of the road map video : RGB selection on an tri-rebel star, simply by selecting the sound font of your choice... and you get the associated color !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udwpkKRrMxQ

I'm so happy I can propose this feature with a ridiculous amount of code modification and modular part that already exist (the tiny power xtender board)

Enjoy !
Erv'

Corbin_Das
03-27-2008, 01:53 PM
Well done Erv'!
I particularly like the ability to have the blade change color with the sound font. I'm not sure if a switchable color setup will be quite as bright as say a single K2 or Lux 5, but the ability to change color like that definitely has a high "cool factor". :) The red+blue with green on clash is nice too. I'd be interested to see how that will look in a blade once we get a good optic or reflector set up.

Something I'm wondering about is perhaps having a solid color (say green) set up to be on without any shimmer or anything, just constant.....then have a secondary LED (perhaps white) set up to come on with the green, but it would have the constant shimmer effect. I'm curious if that would make the blade look more "alive" than just having a single color shimmer. Perhaps it wouldn't make much difference, but I was just wondering what people thought.

In the above mentioned setup, with the green constant and the white shimmering, I think it would be awesome to have the third LED be a red that would only come on for the clash or lockup. Red+Green in the light spectrum sorta makes white.

Again, this is just an idea I've had and it may not work out the way I'm thinking, but I thought I'd mention it.

Thoughts?

Corbin

DACOTA
03-27-2008, 02:27 PM
I'm not too sure on the red led idea but having the additional white led used for the flicker sounds like a great idea. Maybe the white led could flicker at a lower current then when the saber clashes it could ramp up a little higher for the 'clash-flash'. Great job Erv!

[EDIT!] Ooh, I just got another idea. What if the main blade led and the white led both flicker. Then when the saber clashes, the white led temporarily ramps up for the fash.

erv
03-27-2008, 02:34 PM
good points corbin. Unfortunatly, you won't be able to drive 2 LEDs out of the same driver (luxeon side of the CF board) with one not being shimmering while the other is.

I've received some reflectors and optics to be tested very soon, I'll post the results here.

Erv'

Count Malik
03-28-2008, 12:30 AM
Congrats. Erv this is all new and high tech if I ever did get one of your boards though I would have to just go with a regular lux. III, K2, or a V just to be on the safe side. That is if the board can still run just a plain Lux. But as till then I can only dream.:p

erv
03-28-2008, 01:32 AM
Congrats. Erv this is all new and high tech if I ever did get one of your boards though I would have to just go with a regular lux. III, K2, or a V just to be on the safe side. That is if the board can still run just a plain Lux. But as till then I can only dream.:p

lol, thanks for keep me (us?) on a flat road (with a map, ahahah) and make sure we don't forget the basics ! :D Yep, for sure, the board can still power a lux III :mrgreen:

Erv'

Novastar
03-28-2008, 01:45 AM
Yup, in case others are thinking like Count Malik, really it is all about the current being output. You can configure CF to output essentially 0ma, or 1ma or 20ma or 500ma or 1000ma and up to 1500ma. It's nearly an "analog" choice--of really most any number from 0-1500 (essentially), although within reason. Like, no--you can't exactly ALWAYS be super specific and get like "902.5ma". But... whatever... you get the idea. Who needs that kind of "granularity" anyhow... and what difference would it make.

I mean, don't forget that Erv has shown an example of doing an "LED strip/array"... sort of MR style if you will... in a prior experiment. It's up there on his youtube account if you haven't seen it.

The point is... nearly *ANY* kind of LED can be driven. Small or big, low-current or high-current, junky lumens or throngs of lumens. :) You just play the matching game. LED likes 1000ma? Give it that. Oh wait, you're going to do like 200 low-level/power LEDs that all want 20ma, and you're going to do them in parallel or whatever? Fine, give them 20ma, and set it in your "Ledcurrent" value.

So again, the moral is... CF outputs CURRENT. Sure, it's modulated current that is specialized for LEDs... but... still--current.

I mean I GUESS you *might* be able to power some OTHER style of light source (xenon lamp??? halogen??? I dunno), although no I am not advocating that w/o Erv's advice. And that's silly anyhow... :)

erv
03-28-2008, 02:08 AM
sure, you can use any kind of load, but possibly not inductive (big motors). Since it's a current regulator, it will... regulate current in the load... even a plain resistor if you wish to make a heater.
Current steps are more or less 1500 / 70 = 21 mA. But stay away playing with a mini 3mm classic LED on the ouput of the driver. Use at least a superflux LED that handles 50 mA.

jash1
03-28-2008, 07:46 PM
any chance of preordering a CF4 board? just curious....as i dont want to miss out on such a great board.....

DarthFender
03-28-2008, 09:25 PM
Jash,

Read the "Buttered Toast" thread. There's some good stuff there. IF you don't find everything you can check on Erv's site http://www.plecterlabs.com
Hope you find that helpful. Erv has answered the "pre-order" question many times and I'm sure he's a little tired of doing so. So, I will repeat his "No." If you need the why you can probably find that in the Buttered Toast thread.

Marsupial
03-28-2008, 09:27 PM
even a plain resistor if you wish to make a heater.

so that's the next feature... after vibration, light and sound, you will simulate the heat of the blade. :D

I like it :D

erv
03-29-2008, 12:24 AM
so that's the next feature... after vibration, light and sound, you will simulate the heat of the blade. :D

I like it :D

lol, that's exactly that... plus you don't have to wear glove during the winter. Icing the cake, an internal timer will allow you to program the hour at which it starts preheating, so that don't have any cold start when the weather is not so good, or to remove quickly remove the ice like when luke tries to catch his graflex imprisonned in the snow.

so... pre ordering, no. But the best is to subscribe to the newsletter. Again, as mentionned somewhere else, next time, I'll send a first newsletter to let people know the exact time and date. It will be around 6 or 7 PM, Paris time, so that it works more or less for everyone on the planet.

Count Malik
03-29-2008, 12:36 AM
:shock:Wow Erv you really have every thing planned out. I cant wait.:p

Novastar
03-29-2008, 01:29 AM
//Begin de-railing

Actually, in all honesty (and a bit derailed from CF v4)... several of my sabers actually really do "heat up" a decent amount, mainly at the emitter.

This is for a few reasons... on ONE set of sabers (3 or 4 thus far), I have the most SIMPLISTIC setup--no resistor and a Li-Ion cell hooked DIRECTLY to a Luxeon that is looking for around 3.8 or 3.9v to be "happy". Then, these are attached to Tim's black anodized 1.25" sink tube-ish blade holders/LED mounts. These had the "little guy" heatsink. Further, I literally do not have ANYTHING covering up the black anodized part. That is what you HOLD! They get pretty hot to handle after about 5 to 10 minutes of use on a FULL battery charge! After that... things start to get more under control, and it's just warm... :D

Flange v1 (made by Corbin) used to get pretty hot. This was AWESOME to me, and... don't worry, the thing had a voltage regulator to "shunt away" about 2.2v, changing 7.2v into a cool 5v.

And then... we have the Flange IIIs, which are not TOTALLY unlike the above sink tube + black anodized TCSS 1.25" thingies. I love those thingies btw. I want more, hehehh. Anyhow... similar setup as the "resistor-less" sabers... but... naturally powered by CF. They do not get as hot as those crazy simple sabers above... but that is because of all the flickering and driving!

When I do the "Steel Sword" font, I leave it pretty much as a solid blade... and it can certainly get a little hot under da collar!! WOOF WOOF!!! WHOOOOOO LET THE DAWGS OUT, WOOF... WOOF.

Sorry, had to do it. :-D

//End de-railing

BlackDOG
03-30-2008, 08:28 PM
or to remove quickly remove the ice like when luke tries to catch his graflex imprisonned in the snow.

Now that is a option we can all appreciate.....remmeber Obi Wan letting his sbaer short out in the swamp? If he had a CF saber....no worries......the heater would dry off that crystal....

BD

CybKnight
04-02-2008, 12:56 PM
Is there a currently a possibility to make different sounds on the CF, depending on how you press the aux button. For example single click for one instant and hold button for one delayed. If not, this is maybe a good feature.

xwingband
04-02-2008, 02:15 PM
Is there a currently a possibility to make different sounds on the CF, depending on how you press the aux button. For example single click for one instant and hold button for one delayed. If not, this is maybe a good feature.

That's been in since V1.2. It's normally once for blaster and hold gets the "lockup". Then once + move is a force power and new to V4 will be once + strike = something else.

Novastar
04-02-2008, 03:58 PM
Yes indeed... in fact, I'm going to be such a "jerk" for saying this, but... if you are relatively new to CF, it's best to visit Erv's site and LOOK at the current "roadmap" on CF... or simply look at the first post in this thread (or the other cf v3 one)... to see what has and has not been implemented.

It's one thing to suggest an outlandish idea... and yet another to re-suggest one that has been there for almost... a year(?) I'd say.

So, again... if you're new... I'm not bashing, but--read the CURRENT bloody options prior to making a suggestion.

While I'm here, I've already given Erv a few new ideas that I think will REALLY set v4 apart. One of which has to do with the light driving. At this point (if it works), you will easily be able to tell the difference between a v1, v2, v3... and v4!

CybKnight
04-03-2008, 12:00 PM
Sorry, for my ignorance, I will read a little bit more next time. But trying to reading up on all the stuff on lightsabers is already taking up much of my time. In the end of april, I hope to find out for myself, when my V3 hopefully arrive. :D

Well, an outlandish idea, would be to have support for a in-hilt LCD or OLED screen, but don't think that will happen anytime soon. ;)
Would have been cool, but probably drain the battery.

Sorry once again.

Novastar
04-03-2008, 10:37 PM
Actually... now THAT is an idea that has merit, has been discussed a bit... and I think Erv has played around with a bit!

Although... granted, it wasn't for a saber... it was for a blaster...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNWApNbJiAA

Obviously, there are many possibilities out there--especially when there is more room in a device. It's pretty certain that the more components you put into a SABER... well... it either becomes prohibitive to put in more features, or you lengthen/widen your saber hilt.

But yeah, with a BLASTER... there is all sorts of room. :)

DaJoQuim
04-04-2008, 03:04 PM
The bad thing about those erv boards they are additive lol!!

Hasid Lafre
04-04-2008, 03:12 PM
And they seem to vanish really quickly :P

Marsupial
04-04-2008, 10:15 PM
And they seem to vanish really quickly :P

Can't say, never managed to see one in person :P

erv
04-07-2008, 12:28 AM
reminds me the person who said once : "a friend of mine bought one and I was able to see the board in person. I showed to my brother who was stating those board did not really exist, are were like a myth" ;)

on another note for V4 :
- successfully programmed a combo fx of pulse + flicker. Not so easy to setup but hopefully the GUI will help, and I'll be giving some configuration examples.

- on the way to put 4 different blaster sounds

- on the way to get a 4th selection mode of swings and clash which will be random but taking in count the previous gestures (this board is getting smarter and smarter)

Erv'

Hasid Lafre
04-07-2008, 12:35 AM
So we will all have our own persional data the android in out hilts? Thats so awsome!

erv
04-07-2008, 12:48 AM
plus vocal recognition... changing sound font ?
"hey R2 ?"
"dibidip"
"vocal menu !"
"dibidip"
"novastar!"

DarthFender
04-07-2008, 05:36 AM
I thought CF4 would have nanite technology that would allow it to self-install.

CF has assimilated my saber, ha! (Oooh, that might make a good Sound Font)

Madcow
04-07-2008, 09:36 AM
I thought CF4 would have nanite technology that would allow it to self-install.

CF has assimilated my saber, ha! (Oooh, that might make a good Sound Font)

*monotone voice with loads of effects*
"we are the Toast... your saber will adapt and serve us... resistance is futile, and totally unneccessary because we can drive a lux at the right amperage..."

MC

Hasid Lafre
04-07-2008, 09:39 AM
LMAO, you guys are killing me

Novastar
04-07-2008, 09:40 AM
plus vocal recognition... changing sound font ?
"hey R2 ?"
"dibidip"
"vocal menu !"
"dibidip"
"novastar!"
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHH!!! Cracked me up! :) LOL

How about: hey r2.... dibidip... menu!... dibidip... soup of the day?... bedibebompdipdeep... hmm, ok... I'll have a club sandwich with the soup and fries please... on buttered toast!

wwwooooooowww,beepboopdabeepadibebompdipdeep!!

lol

Hasid Lafre
04-07-2008, 09:42 AM
roflmao!!!!!

Onli-Won Kanomi
04-08-2008, 10:31 AM
"...resistance is futile, and totally unneccessary because we can drive a lux at the right amperage..."

LOVE that...best line I've heard in weeks!

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
04-08-2008, 08:36 PM
What's the ETA on V4?

I subscribed to the newsletter, but I have yet to receive it. How often does Erv post it?

Hasid Lafre
04-09-2008, 01:55 AM
The news letter basicly lets you know when they are instock. They are instock when erv compleats them.

I would love to get my hands on a v4 but will make due with my 2.5 for now.

erv
04-09-2008, 01:59 AM
like my geek tshirt says : "resistance is futile (if < 1 ohm)".... I was tired of computer geek tshirt, I was so HAPPY to get on related to electronics :D

newsletter : meant to be sent when news a worth to be mentionned and shared (this sounds cryptic, but it's supposed to answer question above)

V4 : I have the PCB, I have to build a prototype with it to see if I haven't made any mistake in this new one. Then start assemlbing it, and when I'll have a reasonnable amount of unit done and tested, I'll open the sales, with a message to indicate date and time about 1 week before the mess starts.

New stuff in V4 (I'm going to update the first page of this topic) :
- new random selection mode of the sound. Before we had normal random (including double sound possibility), linear sequence, expressive sound (based on the amplitude of the measured gesture). Added RandomX mode that virtually ensures you don't have twice the same sound in a sequence. Added Timed Selection mode that measures the time between 2 gesture events and scale that on the sound selection (sound1.raw = the shortest, sound8.raw = the longest).
This lastest mode allows to select a sound depending on a natural execution of movements. If the time between 2 evens is really too long, the board will select a random sound in the 4 longest sounds (5 to 8)

- The parameter valsnd : it was used to decide if you want the soundbank selection sound to be repeated when you select a sound bank or if you want to jump directly the normal operation of the saber. Now this parameter is also deciding of a faster reboot operation.
In the config file :
valsnd=0 => no confirmation sound. If saber is off, press the aux button 2-3 seconds, you get one beep and you reboot immediatly
valsnd=1 => confirmation sound + you have to confirm reboot with a second click on the aux button to reboot.

nice features isn't it ?
Erv'

Hasid Lafre
04-09-2008, 02:02 AM
Pritty sweet there erv

Barmic Rin
04-09-2008, 02:49 AM
Getting sweaty palms with anticipation.....

BTW Erv, I have a speaker spare, so if they're delivered late, I can use one of my ones... ;.)

erv
04-09-2008, 05:29 AM
*faxes a towel to barmic*

First V4 out of the lab !!! new PCB is cute... but it's also working perfectly. I need to make further testing however, the board starts, plays sound, lights up the luxeon.... and the micro SD is going really well ! I don't have my solder paste here, so I can't solder the motion sensor, no big deal that will be for tonight or tomorrow.
The board is now really slick and thin

Picture in a couple of minutes
Erv'

Hasid Lafre
04-09-2008, 05:41 AM
Hay erv I went ahead and posted the link to this topic in your forum at fxsabers.

T hat cool?

erv
04-09-2008, 05:48 AM
that's perfect hasid,
especially because I'm not posting (enough) often there.

pics !!!!!!!!!!!

butter side of the toast (well... with caviar now)
http://www.plecterlabs.com/Media/CrystalFocusV4_001.jpg

cat side of the toast
(this term should remind a certain funny experience about cat, buttered toast and murphy's law)
http://www.plecterlabs.com/Media/CrystalFocusV4_002.jpg

Hasid Lafre
04-09-2008, 06:01 AM
wow that looks alot smaller

Nice

xwingband
04-09-2008, 06:48 AM
Whoo... I'm going to have to figure out how many I'll need and possibly sell my previous versions that are going unused. The new smaller PCB is going to make life so much easier.

Barmic Rin
04-09-2008, 08:53 AM
I need another towel Erv!!!!!

Jeez, that's tiny!!!!

Braxus
04-09-2008, 09:17 AM
Hi All!!

First ERV, i want to say how great it is that you are able and willing to make such a great piece of hardware. ive been following the CF for awhile now and know how much time and effort you must be putting into it all the time. I salute you!

Ive been reading the buttered toast threads and keep seeing posts that say "if you dont want to miss out, join the newsletter", but i have still to find a post that tells you how to join it. This will be my first attempt to buy one. never had the money till now :) Seeing how fast 3.0 soldout, i deffinetly need th newsletter to find out the release date and time.

any help would be great. thanks!!!

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
04-09-2008, 09:59 AM
Erv, those pictures brought a tear to my eye. You are an artist as well as a genius.

I have the money set aside, just waiting for your word.

Braxus, go to Erv's site, go into the store and set up an account. When you log in to your account, you'll see two options:

Subscribe or unsubscribe from newsletters

and

View or change my product notification list.

That's where you need to go.

erv
04-09-2008, 10:13 AM
thumbS up to the gentleman above,
thanks for this efficent summary, it's another milestone that some other people will find reading this thread ! :D

Braxus
04-09-2008, 10:25 AM
Thanks Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie!!

that was easy :) now i have to hope that i wont miss out. id settle for any version of CF, i dont really need all the extras that are going to be in 4.0. id be happy just to have basic Clash. swing, and different soundbanks lol

Hasid Lafre
04-09-2008, 10:28 AM
Thats basicly what it is, theres just a bunch of extras that you can use or dont want to use.

DarthFender
04-09-2008, 10:33 AM
butter side of the toast (well... with caviar now)

I'm glad you took me up on that offer.

jpbeck
04-09-2008, 10:44 AM
Purdy Erv------------- Looking ***y! I'll be staying up all again again to get one, that's for sure.

Thanks again for a great product.
Joe

SWAT Strachan
04-09-2008, 10:57 AM
Day-yum that's not a circuit board, it's a work of art :shock:.

I am definitely having me one of them when they're ready :D.

erv
04-09-2008, 11:50 AM
I decided to make it a little bit more ***y to get more female customers. Maybe V4.1 will have a blue silkscreen, or maybe blue with pink dots, which is more uni*** and looks god damw good with your purse... hu... sorry... your pouches...

and now introducing to the crowd my new tool... meant to increase the production rate...
*drums rumbling*
*cymbals*

in the left corner... ladies and gents : THE FAKIR
http://www.plecterlabs.com/Media/TheFakir_001.jpg
http://www.plecterlabs.com/Media/TheFakir_002.jpg

it's a plug in bench (solderless) to quickly program and test a CF board, without the hassle to solder wires, hold the programming connector etc. Should have done that a while before but... as usual... we sometimes continue with old habits instead of moving to better stuff, especially when we have a lot in the pipe.
Enjoy
Erv'

Angelus Lupus
04-09-2008, 12:15 PM
Thanks Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie!!

that was easy :) now i have to hope that i wont miss out. id settle for any version of CF, i dont really need all the extras that are going to be in 4.0. id be happy just to have basic Clash. swing, and different soundbanks lol

Chances are people will be selling off previous versions of CF when 4.0 comes out (they did the same when v3 came out). So, you should be able to get one of those by asking around.

CybKnight
04-09-2008, 12:55 PM
Well, I for one is going to keep my CF3, and try to buy one or two CF4 for some future projects I have planned... Considering the CF3 is waaay better than other existing solutions. It might finally end up in a lesser saber however, if I can get a CF4, that is... My €€€ is ready... :cool:

Hasid Lafre
04-09-2008, 12:57 PM
Iamnot selling off my CF2.5 cause tetnically I only payed half of its cost and it was given to me.

Malaki Skywalker
04-09-2008, 12:58 PM
I can see myself getting one for my Infurious :cool:

Erv this is GENIUS!

DACOTA
04-09-2008, 02:11 PM
I almost cried, almost. But that thing is so sweet! I just cannot express how I cant wait to get one! That was a double negative.:rolleyes: I am just so giddy.:p

Marsupial
04-09-2008, 02:18 PM
http://www.plecterlabs.com/Media/TheFakir_001.jpg
http://www.plecterlabs.com/Media/TheFakir_002.jpg

oh, me like...

pin header, tu fais juste tenir le nouveau board en place? excellent!
C'est triste de sacrifier 2 PCB! snif!

I am in the planing phase for a similar bench for a project of mine, good to know what works for others.

Novastar
04-09-2008, 02:31 PM
Sweet, Erv! :)

Looking forward to seeing folks posting some videos on how they've hooked that stuff up once they've purchased!

Love the "goldenrod" solder points, heheheh C3PO must dig.

Madcow
04-09-2008, 05:40 PM
I'm also eagerly awaiting v4 Erv. You are truly an artist!

How much "narrower" is this board than the previous ones?

MC

Count Malik
04-09-2008, 09:38 PM
Ya i'm very excited about v4 (any ETA?). Hoplfully i'll be able to get one this time.:lol:BTW will this batch come with speakers, just trying to plan ahead. Because its better safe than sorry:wink: Very cool featers on v4.:D

Hasid Lafre
04-10-2008, 03:38 AM
Erv I will take care of it.

THERE IS NO ETA AS OF YET!!!!

Kant Lavar
04-10-2008, 05:44 AM
I hope I can at least find one kind soul who's selling off a CF 3 if I can't get ahold of CF 4.

*wonders how far ahead of him the proverbial line stretches*

erv
04-10-2008, 05:49 AM
thumbs up Hasid, thanks !:D

MC : 1.5 mm narrower. I know, almost nothing, but it makes a difference. Can't really do more since I need some clearance for the power supply traces on the PCB, and with 1.5A passing thru, reducing the distance between traces becomes dangerous.

Marsupial : the technique works, but it's been a pain to align all the pins, I still need the clamp to hold the board and ensure all the electric contacts are correct. And don't worry for the PCBs, it's not wasted, it's a tool, and I alway order a little bit more.

I forgot to mention that any spaghetti wiring man sending me a board for repair will get his donkey on this fakir seat :rolleyes:

Hasid Lafre
04-10-2008, 05:55 AM
Ive been meaning to ask about that one. was he trying to wire 2 of them togeather or something? were you abel to tell what it is he was trying to do?

erv
04-10-2008, 06:03 AM
those were 2 separate boards, but I understand you're asking if they were siamese twins ! The person was trying to wire them to make 2 sabers, it's just that the wiring was ugly...

Hasid Lafre
04-10-2008, 06:06 AM
jesus hubert christ

Novastar
04-10-2008, 06:33 AM
A CF Staff would be nice.

Hasid Lafre
04-10-2008, 06:37 AM
Ive been thinking about this for sometime now and not sure how it could work.

I was thinking of wome way to take 2 wireless omisaber things and instead of them going to a computer what about have the signle go to a CF thats mounted say in a pouch on your belt.

And the CF would bw wrapted in a high density foam then secured into a metal box with a battery pack and then hidden descreatly in a pouch., Then have another pouch or 2 with 1 or 2 speakers(depending on pouch configuration).

But iam sure that would be diffacult for a single CF to relay sounds and such from 2 sabers.

Malaki Skywalker
04-10-2008, 11:07 AM
I was thinking about retrofitting a Maul, would be cool with a tri rebel red :p But then again thats 2 CF's

Hasid Lafre
04-10-2008, 11:39 AM
Iam talking something with "something" saber in each hand. not a staff.

Malaki Skywalker
04-10-2008, 11:39 AM
Iam talking something with "something" saber in each hand. not a staff.

Oh i see ;)

erv
04-10-2008, 01:13 PM
hasid : omnisabers does not transmit sounds wireless, the sound is produced on the PC. Since crystal focus is monophonic, it couldn't reproduce the sound for several sabers.
I think that the idea you mention has been digged by hyperdynelabs a while ago. Never seed a lead of that installation. Personnaly, I prefer to have the big sound out of a 100 W stereo than off my pouches :rolleyes:

Hasid Lafre
04-10-2008, 01:33 PM
YEah thats what I ment. so it wont work huh.....

erv
04-11-2008, 11:51 AM
long day... supposed to be vacations but... fought fever all day. However, successfully soldered most of the capacitor and all the resistors for the first batch of 50 V4. That's about 1050 parts... enough for today I guess :rolleyes:

SWAT Strachan
04-11-2008, 12:25 PM
All that hard work is appreciated though... Well it will be as long as I get my grubby little mitts on one :D.

Novastar
04-12-2008, 01:21 AM
long day... supposed to be vacations but... fought fever all day. However, successfully soldered most of the capacitor and all the resistors for the first batch of 50 V4. That's about 1050 parts... enough for today I guess :rolleyes:OMIGOSH. Fifty?? Geez. Although I guess why am I surprised, 60 CF sold in 2 days, I wonder what the new record will be, hahahah

Aussi Erv... let me know if you want to approach that idea in the future of assembling some boards that I was talking about. You know the one I mean.

DACOTA
04-12-2008, 01:01 PM
Not good! Only 50, now they'll go faster.:shock::shock:

Novastar
04-12-2008, 04:44 PM
LOL... predicting that CF v4 sells in 1.5 hours then? ;)

Hasid Lafre
04-12-2008, 04:50 PM
1.6892 hours.

erv
04-13-2008, 12:36 AM
It's 50 + 50 to follow. I could have worked directly on 100, but it's "mentally hard". 50 makes an.... acceptable heap of things on my bench while 100 looks like I'm never going to make it and it will take ages to finish. Plus it's not convenient to transport between 2 houses while they are partially soldered (50 still fit in a reasonnably sized box without harming each others) :D

So, I'm planning a first release of 50 for the end of the month, roughtly, only if all the missing parts land on my desk at the right time, and then I will be already in the process to make the 50 others, for 1 month later or so. This time, I ordered directly to make 100, so I have the PCBs and all electronic parts. I'm just waiting for the processors and micro SD cards.

You have to be aware that the price is going to increase of 4 or 5 euros. I know it's totally unfair with the USD still increasing too. The main reasons are :
- micro SD card holder is 2.5 times more expensive than the SD one
- the 1 GB microSD card definitly more expensive than the previous 32 MB SD card.

To compensate, I've decided to include free wire (50 cm x 5 colors) and a bit of heatshrink. I just want you to understand that despite the price is increasing, I'm not making more money on each board. It's the cost price that is increasing.

Dark Helmet
04-13-2008, 03:52 AM
personally I don't really care if any extra cost is sent to me, I'll gladly pay it (pres bush can go eat one) I just want one so badly it hurts... I was so completely blown when the last batch sold out that I gave up hope of ever having one...I have literally given up any sound options on my sabers from here on unless i can get a cf...I will try, but it seems to be a futile thing to reach for when all of the custom saber builders are going to buy them out before i have any chance in hell of having what I want..... I would be more than happy to have any version of cf than deal with a MR again but the 4.0 is sounding like a pretty sweet machine there...it's a shame I'll never have one , even though i can afford it the cf is so elusive to me.........I guess I'll likely see most of them on ebay in a crappy saber nobody in there right mind would build whose only saving grace is the cf.........

vortextwist
04-13-2008, 04:22 AM
that's excellent erv, I would think even though your cost has went up, we're not gonna mind paying a few extra bucks.

Novastar
04-13-2008, 07:47 AM
Talk about Novastar being the Devil's advocate publicly here, but... Erv--I'm still not quite 100% sure *WHY* you switched from SD to micro SD.

I mean, I do indeed understand that there are some inevitable benefits (albeit small in my thinking):

* Save a few MM as the card won't "stick out"
* I believe the microSD has a bit of "latch in place" instead of just stay by pressure???
* Faster access times??? I think??

But... other than that, the cost goes up for yourself and the users. Now, as you say, "I'm not throwing tomatoes", I just think I am missing *WHY* it's going to microSD. You know. It's me. I'm *ALWAYS* lost & confused, hehheeh ;) (teasing...)

Finally, am I to also understand that the mSD card will still be DIRECTLY attached to the board... and not on some kind of "satellite" wiring setup? That is of course to say--the satellite idea Eandori had mentioned some time ago... was to allow CF to be "here" in the hilt... while the SD card could be reached over "THERE" in the hilt, in a more convenient and user-defined place.

I believe that was just a wiring thing... like... wasn't a good idea to have a bunch of long wires for the SD communication? I dunno... ;) Desole' if this post is so long... ;)

Oh and btw everyone--with:

* Completely full 6 sounds banks... with even some LONNNNNNNGGGG sounds (translates to: uses a lot of KB)
* Completely full "tracks" folder... even chaining two (or three!) songs together on the same track...

...I seriously doubt that any one of you can fill up the 1GB SD. 256MB would be about the most you'd need, 512MB would make it IMPOSSIBLE for you to ever run out of room, and 1GB (I've found) is just ridiculous.

HOWEVER... I *do* believe that the 1GB cards are apparently FASTER and more efficient for access than some of the others... but... you'd have to ask Erv or someone in the "data access and SD card" field, heheh.

erv
04-13-2008, 09:05 AM
so... For the micro SD card thing, the reasons are explained on the first post of this thread, at the end, last paragraph. Like I said, I initially got a really interesting bargain for the SD cards, making this technological solution really cheap. Now, I would pay the same for a micro SD or a normal SD. Plus the "old" 32 MB are becoming hard to find, unless you find an old stock.
The micro SD have faster access time and write time. The first aspect solves the remaining micro clicks that could subsist sometimes (extremely rare) when looping the hum sound. I listened a lot my boards and I couldn't reproduce the phenomenom.

Then size. Until now, it was not possible to stack the board on the batt pack in a MHS. At least, you had to make the board stick away from the pack, with the SD card holder in the air, on a total length of about 3 cm. 3 cm that you needed inside the hilt, just for an easy access to the SD card. Now this extra "in the air" length is reduced to 1.7 cm or so. The holder is also thinner, I couldn't tell for sure, but maybe it will be possible to fully stack the board on the batteries. Same reason why I changed the capacitors and replaced them by low profile, high efficiency ones.
The holder is push in push out, it sort of locks the micro SD card. You don't need extra length to grab the card, just push it, it will recess out then you can grab it (eventually using tweezer if it's really deep in the saber.

micro SD card holder mini board to put it anywhere : I've considered the thing, but not as a "default option". Again, Eandori proposed that, it's smart, but, he's an electrical engineer. Some customers already have troubles soldering the luxeon or connecting the switches. I don't want to create extra difficulties. Plus I don't trust wires. Allowing the micro SD to be anywhere, and wired with any sort of wire including speaker wires (why would people buy my wire, even if it's adapted... :rolleyes:)... I'm thinking extra support, extra spaghettis, extra complains... You know, all saber builders are not reasonnable and wise EEs :mrgreen:

Again, as you have noticed, some features requested a while ago are finally showing up in V4. I'm like that, I never work "for nothing". I mean, I listen a lot but I won't include something just for a single person. Does not mean I don't make customs. It's just that I want my product to be generic enough, and not a patchwork of custom demands (see the difference ?). I think it's wise. It's also because it's made (partially) of thought and re-though customers requests and demands that it has become popular, despite its complexity (to a electricity newbie)

I prefer then to find a way to simplify the life of saber builders by reducing the size of the board, without increasing the complexity (micro SD operates EXACTLY as a SD, and microSD to SD adapter is provided, you don't change of SD card reader).
Again, if someone comes to tell me, my hilt is too small I can't fit the board in ! I'll answer : "change the hilt, or use a file" (bloody engineer). If 20 persons come with the same thing, I'll start wondering about the size of the board ;)

Marsupial
04-14-2008, 11:32 AM
Again, if someone comes to tell me, my hilt is too small I can't fit the board in !

My hilt IS too small :D

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r253/darthKodius/props/photo16.jpg

- just kidding.

Novastar
04-14-2008, 11:55 AM
Baby Yoda's saber? :) lol

et, merci Erv... encore, as you know--I am just clarifying. I know you said that you found an early deal on SD--now not as good, and so MicroSD is just as well cost-wise... and also for access speed and such. Just wanted to be certain that I wasn't missing something!!

erv
04-14-2008, 12:13 PM
nope, it's (Carrie) Fisher Price "My First Baby Saber" ;)

Marsupial : this is the *BEST* "customer complain" ever !!!

(nova : copy that, absolutly no possible interference on the goal of your questions !)

Erv'

DACOTA
04-14-2008, 05:14 PM
So did you say you have all the parts to build 50 boards or you have almost completed 50 boards?

erv
04-14-2008, 10:13 PM
I have the parts for 100, I'm almost done with 50 (end of april), and 50 others will follow (end of may or something)

erv
04-15-2008, 10:54 AM
sorry for the double post, just want to make sure every one gets the info : I've put online the user's manual of V4.
This user's manual is getting more and more complex to write, with all the possibilities and the relationships between the parameters, it can't be just a linear succession of how-to's.
However, I'm planning another documentation project to solve that, but it's going to be a long way. But I'll do it. More when I'll be starting that, but first, I have some boards to finish !

Erv'

DARTH KALEL
04-15-2008, 12:48 PM
i'm just like you helmet, a few buddies of mine tried to get some a few months ago with no luck, then this last time a buddy and me tried and he didn't get home in time, and I got logged in as everything was done, a real disappointment. but i'm going to be fighting tooth and nail for a 4.0 and ERV a few dollars more isn't going to kill anybody, especially when your board makes all the little features so easy to do.

Kant Lavar
04-17-2008, 02:03 AM
I have the parts for 100, I'm almost done with 50 (end of april), and 50 others will follow (end of may or something)

Dibs.

I call dibs.

Malaki Skywalker
04-17-2008, 05:46 AM
Dibs.

I call dibs.

I think we all do! lol :D

erv
04-17-2008, 05:59 AM
needed wikipedia to understand this *real piece* of idiomatic expression :mrgreen:

So, about further schedule :
- boards will be for sales this week end, saturday 19th, 20 PM (French Time). As a help, I'm going to put a clock on the website with the right time on it.

- I'll have the missing parts for the second batch of 50 by the end of may, so expect this second batch early june (hopefully, before I move)

- next batch still unknown. One part is out of stock and should be back in stock by late june.

Malaki Skywalker
04-17-2008, 06:01 AM
This is GREAT news Erv! I know what I'm having for my B-day! :p

erv
04-17-2008, 06:07 AM
real time clock added to the main page of the website (24h mode), so cool those things exists for free, and so simple to implement !
Erv'

Jeescook
04-17-2008, 07:11 AM
Awesome, I hope I can snag one!!!
20pm in Paris, thats 2am here in Australia. Oh well I'd stay awake for a week if it would get me a CF!!!!!:D:D

erv
04-17-2008, 02:26 PM
my apologies for giving you a white night in Australia *oups oups oups*

newsletter sent, gents and ladies,
saturday, 8PM, french time.

Hope you'll love the clock on the main page of the website !

Erv'

SpectreT65
04-17-2008, 07:12 PM
Thanks for the heads up, Erv'!

Eagerly awaiting, and I just remembered; I need to get a Paypal account together to pay for them. (need 2 - one for mine and one for my fiancee's saber.) Plan was to give it to her as a wedding present, but with the rest of the parts arriving on Monday, and the wedding being discussed for next spring, I might just "jump the gun" a little and give it to her as soon as it's done. :D

savyas
04-17-2008, 08:06 PM
1st call was 10pm paris time, then 8pm paris time... which equates to 4pm and 2pm EST.. so I'll start watching at noon :)

Dark Helmet
04-17-2008, 08:19 PM
If anyone can procure one for me I will gladly give my firstborn...I don't have any kids yet, but the 1st is yours....he may not be strong in the force, but he will more than make up for it in disappointment....that and a liver the size of a watermelon....

Kant Lavar
04-17-2008, 08:27 PM
Sweet. Being deployed is actually *good* for something!

(2000 Paris time is 2100 Kuwait time... I can definitely swing being at a computer somewhere on post at or around 2100... bwahahaha...)

Novastar
04-17-2008, 10:17 PM
Oh wow! CF on Saturday! And here I was thinking end of April, heheh... but... glad to know more folks will be getting the buttery goodness! YAY! :) I'm glad the speakers made it in so quickly...

Also... everyone... keep your eyes peeled for the upcoming "Novastar's CF Sound Compendium"!!! That's right... have even MORE fun with your sabers! ;)

ON A CD!! :) Yup, an actual pretty little CD... probably LightScribe if I can muster it...

Hopefully to include:

* With any luck... the CF GUI! :) Depends on a few things...
* ALL fonts I've created (including upgrades to older ones!)
* That means like at least 6 new fonts as well!!!
* Versions 2.x to 4.x of CF supported
* New menu sounds along with menu background "CF logo" sounds... :)
* Easy to "copy & paste" directories
* "Choose your own" sounds... where you can now select if you want (for example) a Push or Blaster or Choke or whatever. Different choices for different sound fonts!
* Test/preview your sound font
* Pre-set configuration files (you need only change the switch= and current= parameters!)

Bonuses:

* Probably Staged Combat Tutorial Video (I've been working on this for a few months, and it's pretty extensive)
* Probably the "250 Battle" that was being worked on for BOP III before the plug got pulled essentially.
* High-quality version of the saber videos I've made.
* Whatever else I think is both relevant and pertinent to the CF entourage and stuff... :)

It's not really a de-railment here so much as it is on how we're trying to extend the versatility and variety with CF and get the sound fonts and configurations all tweaked and "ready for action"!

killphil
04-17-2008, 10:57 PM
Oh wow! CF on Saturday! And here I was thinking end of April, heheh... but... glad to know more folks will be getting the buttery goodness! YAY! :) I'm glad the speakers made it in so quickly...

Also... everyone... keep your eyes peeled for the upcoming "Novastar's CF Sound Compendium"!!! That's right... have even MORE fun with your sabers! ;)

ON A CD!! :) Yup, an actual pretty little CD... probably LightScribe if I can muster it...

Hopefully to include:

* "Choose your own" sounds... where you can now select if you want (for example) a Push or Blaster or Choke or whatever. Different choices for different sound fonts!
* Pre-set configuration files (you need only change the switch= and current= parameters!)

Bonuses:

* Probably Staged Combat Tutorial Video (I've been working on this for a few months, and it's pretty extensive)
* Probably the "250 Battle" that was being worked on for BOP III before the plug got pulled essentially.
* Whatever else I think is both relevant and pertinent to the CF entourage and stuff... :)

It's not really a de-railment here so much as it is on how we're trying to extend the versatility and variety with CF and get the sound fonts and configurations all tweaked and "ready for action"!

Now that is something I'd buy.

Eagerly awaiting Sat afternoon

Kant Lavar
04-17-2008, 11:09 PM

Hopefully to include:

Bonuses:

Approved!

*goes back to electronics shopping in preparation for The Day of Buttery Goodness.

erv
04-18-2008, 05:47 AM
ok, the last missing micro SD cards arrived at work this morning, I'll pick them up on monday. So, I have everything for 50, perfect timing.

benchmarked the microSD to write the default package on them. Average of 15 seconds. About 6 seconds to format them.

DACOTA
04-18-2008, 09:01 AM
Dagnabit! I'm never prepared to get a cf for my future custom every time they are on sale. I feel like I'll never get one if I dont get my butt in gear. Oh well, soon, very soon. I cant wait to see how fast they'll go! Yay a cf font cd, sounds awesome nova, I hope you can do lightscribe, its awesome! My friend burned me a cd by Yes and he used lightscribe.:D

Ghostbat
04-18-2008, 12:22 PM
Dagnabit! I'm never prepared to get a cf for my future custom every time they are on sale.

I'm in the same boat :) Every time the new series is released much earlier than I thought and I just had something come up that drains my bank account. This time it's an unexpected Tax bill about a thousand dollars more than I was expecting! Ow!

Well time to juggle the finances and see if I can make this time happen or If I should start a shobox I can start saving for the next time .

BlackDOG
04-18-2008, 12:48 PM

Hopefully to include:

Bonuses:

OK...I must demand the following things along with the above metioned material:

1. A detailed "Hat Whipping" tutorial, including bonus write ups on lamp smashing and key board smacking.

2. A scanned copy of prescription for anti-inflamitory meds after the 250 filiming sequence incuding the famous twist we all heard about.

3. A copy of any and all early 1980's era text only video games.

4. A lock of Greytail hare (Could not resist the pun) sealed in a protective cache and certified by the Franklin Mint as "ACTUAL GRAYTALE HAIR" lopped off after BOP II.

5. 8x10 Glossy photograph of Novastar in the Indy getup signed in BROWN SHARPIE MARKER.

6. Lifetime Membership card for the "No CF....No Whining Club" numbered below #5.

7. A certified flaming by xwingband, Tim or their legal designee for further derailing this thread with my Novastar-eque silliness.

ERV YOU STILL ROCK!

BD

virus692
04-18-2008, 09:09 PM
13h52m until V4 drops

Hasid Lafre
04-19-2008, 06:21 AM
Meh time differences annoy me. My brother has entrusted my hands to get him a CF today while hes at work. which means iam gonna be refreshing the shopping cart till it dosent say out of stock anymore.

Kant Lavar
04-19-2008, 08:37 AM
You and me both, buddy.

EDIT: Two more hours to go... wonder if I can explain hanging out at work that late, depending on how long I can stretch out the last of my work... thank God there's a Subway open 24 hours on camp...

Hasid Lafre
04-19-2008, 09:16 AM
Arg the wait is killing me, I want to get this burdon over with.

Dont want the fear of being beaten cause I dident get teh CF for my bro.

GOD I need a time frame here. 1pm? 1:30pm? what is it???

ARGHHHHAAAA

erv
04-19-2008, 11:01 AM
it's there ! ;)

SWAT Strachan
04-19-2008, 11:03 AM
Ordered and paid for in 20 seconds :mrgreen:.

Hasid Lafre
04-19-2008, 11:03 AM
mine was about that time maybe like 30 sec

savyas
04-19-2008, 11:04 AM
heh. they've been on sale less than 5 mins and there are 5 left in stock!

CybKnight
I think this time it will be sold out in under 5 min...

Cool.... :cool:

xwingband
I think this time it will be sold out in under 5 min...

Cool.... :cool:

AND THEY'RE GONE!

I have to admit that was fun to watch the counter fall like mad.

erv
04-19-2008, 11:05 AM
WTF is this... 4 minutes !!! :o
ok, "only" 50, but ....
WTF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

huuu... all I can say is
- thanks you, Crystal Focus is made and designed for YOU
- huuu.... shipping that asap but leave a moment ok ?

Erv'

CybKnight
04-19-2008, 11:06 AM
Congrats Erv...

savyas
correction, sold out!

Hasid Lafre
I hope my order went thru.

Kant Lavar
Words do not describe how frustrated I am.

FIVE FRAKING MINUTES!

Someone had best be selling off a CF3. That's all I have to say.

SWAT Strachan
I was worried that I'd miss it because I was engrossed watching "Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back". It got to the scene where Jay is beating seven shades of crap out of Mark Hamill when I suddenly realised what the time was! A rather fitting point in the movie to reach I thought :mrgreen:.

eastern57
04-19-2008, 11:07 AM
[jaw hit the ground] are you kidding me? Oh my christ....

killphil
04-19-2008, 11:07 AM
Got mine...I hope...

Kasri Deodene
04-19-2008, 11:08 AM
Think i'll quote someone here.

"DAMN!"

Another YouTube video?
Could near enough call it "Gone in sixty seconds"

Couldn't justify getting a CF4 when i still haven't used my CF3 yet.

Congratulations to all the buyers :)

BlackDOG
04-19-2008, 11:10 AM
ERV!

YOU DA MAN!

bd

killphil
04-19-2008, 11:10 AM
God, I hope my order went thru...anyway to know for sure. Like what order number is the cutoff point?

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
04-19-2008, 11:11 AM
Wow! I can't believe this!

I got my order in just under the wire.

Thanks, Erv!

erv
04-19-2008, 11:13 AM
ok folks, I really have an issue with this kind of orders... I mean, the stock is decreased when the website receives the confirmation of the paypal payment... This leads to weird things and I went negative again cause people are able to order while some payments are pending. I have to fix that in the future.
Some of you guys might be cancelled, meaning that I have to really find another solution for selling those.

Don't ask, don't send emails, I'll notify clearly in this post until which order it's fine
Erv'

BlackDOG
04-19-2008, 11:14 AM
God, I hope my order went thru...anyway to know for sure. Like what order number is the cutoff point?

I was watching it to see what happened. t was kinda like watching the satellite feed of the terrorist camp assault from that Tom Clancy movie..."uh thats a kill...that a kill.....thats a kill".

Sorry guys, I am giddy from it all. I missed out last time. But the wait was not to long.

bd

Dandura
04-19-2008, 11:15 AM
perhaps there should be a waiting list or something, so people can get their boards, and you'll know the number needed. This mad dash for payment format is beggining to get quite ridiculous. don't get me wrong, in respect your work, but this is kind of an issue.

Kant Lavar
04-19-2008, 11:17 AM
But... but... that would make sense. And would give Erv the financial resources to make more boards sooner. ;)

(Actually, I think I remember Erv saying something about he doesn't like doing pre-orders for some reason.)

Hasid Lafre
04-19-2008, 11:18 AM
Maybe now erv can find a way to manufature them in bulk.

Dandura
04-19-2008, 11:20 AM
probably because the list would be HUGE. But if he were to divide it by months or such, at least people would know they're garunteed a board when its done.

Jedibum
04-19-2008, 11:21 AM
Erv's already commented, more than once, about the pre-order idea.

Kant Lavar
04-19-2008, 11:21 AM
Actually, seriously, Erv, I'm dead certian if you started doing a waiting list on these, with whatever percentage you needed up-front to make boards, I know you'd be able to put together orders for plenty of boards.

Supply and demand, my friend.

(Also, if anyone bought a ton of these and puts them on eBay, I will hunt them down and go Sith on their ass.)

Dandura
04-19-2008, 11:24 AM
If that happens, i will make them feel the true power of the darkside.

erv
04-19-2008, 11:26 AM
ok folks, I'm about 21 negative :mrgreen:

but this time I don't want anyone to put the cap back on the champagne bottle, so :
- the "addtionnal orders" will be taken on the other 50 pieces I was planning to release in may.
- note that they aren't build at all, the PCB is naked and parts are on the way.
- Orders until 610 included ARE in the batch of 50 and should ship soon.

is that fair to everyone ?
Erv'

Kant Lavar
04-19-2008, 11:29 AM
The majority of me says "that's fair."

But I will admit to a tiny portion of me that's screaming in horror that this next run will go out that much faster, and be harder for me to get... ;)

killphil
04-19-2008, 11:29 AM
That means I got one? Sounds plenty fair to me, Erv!!!!!

Hasid Lafre
04-19-2008, 11:30 AM
oh ya erv that's awesome! I'm just glad you had the extra boards to do this.

BlackDOG
04-19-2008, 11:32 AM
One issue with waiting lists and such is that people can say they want one and then don't pay. Erv' has to reduce stock when it is paid for, because otherwise, someone could "HOLD" a board by putting it in the basket and then balking at paypal, if I understand the procedure right.

Pre-orders pose another huge issue. Lets say you pay for a board in April and then a computer chip plant in India is overrun by wildlife and shuts down for six weeks. Erv' cant get the right compatable chip and there is a line of screaming fanatics who already paid......all demanding their board.....that puts Erv' in a really difficult spot.

There is NO WAY any of us should get but so bent out of frame. My disappointment last time around was immense, but we are group here. We gotta rememeber that Erv' is ONE GUY with TWO HANDS.

HAsid, yeah bulk manufacturing might make more boards come along faster, but at what price? When was the last time you bought something as cool as CF and you we able to talk to the guy who designed and made it? Bulk mfg poses many issues of quality control, theft of code and technology and drop in the uniqueness of the product. Would you want to go to a Con or event and every Obi Wan, Luke and wookkiee has a CF? That would be like HASBRO, which none of us that skin out knuckles and gets filings in our clothes wants.

Yeah, you may be thinking, "Well he got one...", Your right, I think I got a board for my new saber and one for my old one. But if I didn't, OK. Erv will have some more shortly and if not, its not like waiting on the transplant list for a kidney..........lets keep some perspective.

I respect and admire Erv' for even putting forth the effort and I shudder to think that if a bunch of gripers complain and whine, he could say, OK I'll keep 'em for myself.

Sorry, but I call it like I see it.

BD

Sohryu76
orders up to 610!?
yay! I'm in!

Jedibum
That sounds very fair, basically everyone that got an order in gets one ... some in a week or so ... and the others in month or so.

Malaki Skywalker
Ah nuts, I will butter my toast in May... you will see... you will ALL see lol ;)

eastern57
04-19-2008, 11:33 AM
So I was order #619, I'll get it later... fine with me

I'm hungover right now... so all this excitement is kind of a shock to the system...

H@rrY89
04-19-2008, 11:34 AM
AWESOME!!!!!

I GOT IN!!!

Finnally i can start my MHS Project :D :D :D :D

SWAT Strachan
04-19-2008, 11:35 AM
Orders until 610 included ARE in the batch of 50 and should ship soon.

Numéro de commande : 587

Yessssssss!! :mrgreen:.

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
CRAP, CRAP, CRAP!

"628"

I took the extra time to go through the site and add a recharge port to my order. I thought that if I had it in the cart, it was good.

Oh well. I can wait until May. It will give me extra time to read through the manual and really get to know it.

killphil
So I was order #619, I'll get it later... fine with me

I'm hungover right now... so all this excitement is kind of a shock to the system...

That'd make my hangover all the nastier. Sorry to hear it.

Oh, and order 598. Def in. So happy. It makes up for the immense disapointment of last month.

Kant Lavar
04-19-2008, 11:39 AM
Okay, honest question, and it might sound a little silly, but bear with me.

How exactly does Erv's store work? Granted, it might have been latency in Explorer's cache, and if so, well, I screwed myself on that one (I was hitting refresh instead of F5, sometimes it makes a difference), but does my being on the English site instead of the French site make a difference? I don't see how it could, but I've forgotten more web-coding than I knew to begin with, so... *shrug*

Just looking to maximize my chances come May, assuming I don't pick up an older CF.

H@rrY89
04-19-2008, 11:40 AM
I was 594 Phil ;)

Kant Lavar
04-19-2008, 11:42 AM
>.>

<.<

*sneaks up behind Phil*

Yoink!

*flee!*

(I kid, I kid. ;) )

SWAT Strachan
04-19-2008, 11:43 AM
...but does my being on the English site instead of the French site make a difference?Considering that both versions of the site will be hosted on the same server I don't think it would make any great difference. Your broadband connection speed might considering how fast they all sold out, pages take longer to refresh on a slower connection.

Sohryu76
SWAT.. beat ya by 2... 585! :)

killphil
You're in, bro.

Clockwork
04-19-2008, 11:44 AM
Order 597, finally I can complete my steampunk saber!

Kant Lavar
Considering that both versions of the site will be hosted on the same server I don't think it would make any great difference. Your broadband connection speed might considering how fast they all sold out, pages take longer to refresh on a slower connection.

And being behind several hundred feet of ethernet cable, at least one firewall, and probably multiple proxy servers, plus being way out in the butt end of nowhere probably didn't help.

Thanks, Department of Defense! :D

killphil
>.>

<.<

*sneaks up behind Phil*

Yoink!

*flee!*

(I kid, I kid. ;) )

yeah, and that biting pain you feel? It's the bear trap I had boobied to the thing...;)

Kant Lavar
04-19-2008, 11:45 AM
I'll just cut it off with my CF saber and learn to fight one-handed. Victory is mine! :p

eastern57
04-19-2008, 11:46 AM
Order 597, finally I can complete my steampunk saber!

let me know if you like me sound font. its not posted anywhere right now.

SWAT Strachan
04-19-2008, 11:46 AM
SWAT.. beat ya by 2... 585! :)I would have been quicker but I decided at the last moment to switch from a bank transfer to a credit card funded payment. It's scary to think that that one minor change of mind could have cost me the card http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/images/smilies/eek.gif (could we add that smiley to the list, I rather like it :mrgreen:).

NeptuneTQ
04-19-2008, 11:47 AM
Damn... 612 :) are you gonna send them out as you make them or all in one batch the end of may? Either way, thank god i can rest easy now that i don't have to panic about getting one of these, thank you erv!

Dandura
04-19-2008, 11:47 AM
BD I highly doubt animals are going to overun any factories. Now the fact that many of us sat staring at the stock, waiting for it to load that magic number, only too be dissapointed when we order and a few minutes later your about to complete and find that you can't because they're all gone, is indeed a reason to get "bent out of frame" I see you point with the bulk manufacturing, but SOMETHING needs to be done in order to properly meet the demand. If I had the skills to build one, I would. However as the majority of us lack the skills, we have to purchase them.

Kant Lavar
04-19-2008, 11:49 AM
Dan, seriously, I understand your frustration, but I think you're taking this a tiny bit too personally. I'd suggest going and finding something else to do for a bit, distract yourself, and take the opportunity to get some distance on this. If you're getting that worked up about it, I'd say you need it, my friend.

And with that, I'm gonna head off to get some late-night chow and go to bed. See you all tomorrow.

Dandura
04-19-2008, 11:54 AM
Do I look like a jedi?

erv
04-19-2008, 11:55 AM
honest question, honest answer :
people paying using a check (french only) get the stock decreased immediatly. For paypal payments, the website waits for an acknowledge from paypal to confirm the payment is effective. If it takes time, paypal busy, your account needs confirmation or whatever, the decrease of the stock might happend later... but so late, cause in the meanwhile people are still buying since the stock is still there.
Impossible to solve this kind of problem. I can't decrease the stock as soon as the order is made cause I have tons of fake orders, like people go to paypal then don't finish the order.

Despite it's not really democratic, I think I'll soon move to a preorder technique, after the laster CFV4 of may.
I try to be as fair as possible with everyone, and the point I don't like with the preorder is that basically "aware people" (you guys on the forum) can be faster than other customers.
But I guess that informing thru the website + the newsletter is the way to go so that mostly everyone get the new rules.

Ok, I have some orders to prepare !
Erv'

Okay, honest question, and it might sound a little silly, but bear with me.

How exactly does Erv's store work? Granted, it might have been latency in Explorer's cache, and if so, well, I screwed myself on that one (I was hitting refresh instead of F5, sometimes it makes a difference), but does my being on the English site instead of the French site make a difference? I don't see how it could, but I've forgotten more web-coding than I knew to begin with, so... *shrug*

eastern57
04-19-2008, 11:55 AM
Do I look like a jedi?

:) hehe.... funny

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
04-19-2008, 11:56 AM
Good advice Kant. I'm going to take my disappointingly silent saber out into the parking lot and burn off some energy by swinging it around and going:

"wooosh...vrooom...zzzztt!".

Edit: Honestly Erv, it's cool. I've waited this long, I can wait a little longer.

killphil
04-19-2008, 11:57 AM
BD I highly doubt animals are going to overun any factories. Now the fact that many of us sat staring at the stock, waiting for it to load that magic number, only too be dissapointed when we order and a few minutes later your about to complete and find that you can't because they're all gone, is indeed a reason to get "bent out of frame" I see you point with the bulk manufacturing, but SOMETHING needs to be done in order to properly meet the demand. If I had the skills to build one, I would. However as the majority of us lack the skills, we have to purchase them.

Relax, man. If you did indeed place your order, then you DO have one, it'll just be with the next batch and they are only a month off from this one.

So you are pretty much guaranteed one at this point. You're in a better position than those of us who were left hanging last month...

Dandura
04-19-2008, 11:58 AM
sorry I'm being such a chewd out wookie guys, i think i will go kill something to "release the evil".

killphil
04-19-2008, 12:00 PM
Just stay away from pets and small children ;)

BlackDOG
04-19-2008, 12:00 PM

Thats my point exactly. WE CAN'T. As a result, we are FOTUNATE to have a guy like Erv'. I was WAAAAY disappointed for version 3. I wanted ONE SO BAD, but I know enough about life, people and patience that the dissappointment only lasted a few days and I tried to hide it with a "I'll get one next time around..." LOLZ

I understand, Dandura. :)

I just would hate for our French freind to go away or sell out and we get Wal- MArt Equate brand Crystal out of focus stuff that short out every time you whack anything with the blade.

bd

Dandura
04-19-2008, 12:03 PM
no phil, I am hanging. sorry.

Stevewars
04-19-2008, 12:16 PM
Just got in 603 well happy keep up the good work Erv.

erv
04-19-2008, 12:28 PM
no phil, I am hanging. sorry.

*john cleese mode*
hang on, hang on !!!

----
ahem.. sorry about that, I'm not making fun of anyone, the situation is somehow "absurd" and requires a bit of second degree humor.

ah... SWAT : I'll include a tea bag in your order. Don't mix it up with the CF bag, it does not infuse very well in hot water.

Erv'

savyas
04-19-2008, 12:43 PM
610.. I can wait till may, I've been waiting since December or so anyway :)

I got held up because I had a rumble motor in my cart.. there were 3 in stock before the CF cards went into inventory, but they must have sold with CF's before mine went through.

Hasid Lafre
04-19-2008, 12:46 PM
musta been jedi moves on fxsabers, his number was 609.

SWAT Strachan
04-19-2008, 12:51 PM
ah... SWAT : I'll include a tea bag in your order. Don't mix it up with the CF bag, it does not infuse very well in hot water.Much appreciated sir. If I should find myself waving a lightsaber around that gurgles and smells distinctly of Earl Grey, I'll know I've made a ****-up somewhere in the build process :mrgreen:.

Er Dan Gill
04-19-2008, 12:56 PM
This is absolutely ridiculous. I have tried god only knows how many times to get one of these sound cards, I took the day off of work, and I missed out by a whopping two minutes. Erv, please start taking pre-orders. I don't care if I have to wait six months to get it, at least then I would know I would get it.

Madcow
04-19-2008, 01:57 PM
You know - I bet there will be a few up for sale on fx-sabers.com soon. I can't imagine that many people being ready to wire one up - I bet a few sabersmiths bought 3 or 4, and will want to sell one soon.

... or just wait a month for the next batch.

You'll get one.

Congrats to all those first timers who have now joined the exclusive BT club (Buttered Toast) - you'll love it.

MC

Er Dan Gill
04-19-2008, 02:18 PM
Thanks for the reassurance Madcow. Its just burning me out missing out on these EVERY single time they come up for sale.

killphil
04-19-2008, 02:25 PM
Part of the problem is, some people buy them WAY to spontaneously every time they come up for sale and they have no one to install it for them and have no experience wiring or anything.

Not naming any names, just saying...

X
04-19-2008, 02:32 PM
ok folks, I'm about 21 negative :mrgreen:

but this time I don't want anyone to put the cap back on the champagne bottle, so :
- the "addtionnal orders" will be taken on the other 50 pieces I was planning to release in may.
- note that they aren't build at all, the PCB is naked and parts are on the way.
- Orders until 610 included ARE in the batch of 50 and should ship soon.

is that fair to everyone ?
Erv'

sorry i'm stupid but does this mean that everyone over 610 has to wait till may then they'll ship or will erv just cancel their order?

I'm 615 btw

SWAT Strachan
04-19-2008, 02:36 PM
sorry i'm stupid but does this mean that everyone over 610 has to wait till may then they'll ship or will erv just cancel their order?

I'm 615 btwI think he means that if you have received an order confirmation, but were outside the first 50 orders, then you will automatically receive a card from the second batch. The order's been placed and the money taken, so you're safe, it'll just mean a few weeks wait :).

Atomic
04-19-2008, 02:38 PM
The way I understand it, everone one under 610 has a CF 4 on the way. Everyone from 611 to (roughly) 632 is on the list for one of the 50 May release boards. You fall into the latter.

Hasid Lafre
04-19-2008, 02:38 PM
yep so them other 21 that ordered and dident get from this batch your guranteed for the next run. If you want to stay in that is.

Jeescook
04-19-2008, 04:48 PM
Does that mean there will be less available for people that didn't order in this run?

Hasid Lafre
04-19-2008, 04:53 PM
yep, wouldent matter anyway cause it would be a flurry of a scurry to get them and then even more people wouldent have a chance at getting a crystal focus.

strengthofrage
04-19-2008, 04:55 PM
Congrats Erv, another batch out the door in record time :)

SWAT Strachan
04-19-2008, 04:56 PM
Erv's only human, not a one-man mass production line! He's ordered enough parts to manufacture 100 CF4 boards, and 71 of those have already been sold (or allocated due to the site's inability to handle insane rushes). By my math, that leaves 29 for the next batch.

Bearing in mind how popular they have been, and that in a little while there will be YouTube videos of them all over the place, driving up the interest even further, I would be amazed if this batch of 100 was the only batch of CF4s ever to be made.

"The boy has no patience."

"He will learn patience."

Wise words ;).

Kant Lavar
04-19-2008, 05:04 PM
And also, I know people will likely be selling off older CFs as they get CF 4 installed in their sabers. Hang on, and get ready to fire that tow cable.

I mean, hang on, and things will sort themselves out.

Novastar
04-19-2008, 05:55 PM
Whoa.

(!)

Braxus
04-19-2008, 07:13 PM
SWAT.. beat ya by 2... 585! :)

Numéro de commande : 579 im sooooooo happy!!

Hasid Lafre
04-19-2008, 09:01 PM
My brothers order was 595 and I did the transactions for him when it said 45 on the counter.

DARTH KALEL
04-19-2008, 10:31 PM
I have just given up will be looking for one for sale somewhere, if not it looks like it will just remain joe jedi boards for me

eastern57
04-19-2008, 11:28 PM
totally edited with tail between legs. :)

Dark Helmet
04-19-2008, 11:58 PM
I agree, it is unfortunate for a lot of us, but it really is the only way Erv can be fair about it, if he were to allow pre-sale reservations, or give preferencial treatment to anyone it upset a lot of people.