PDA

View Full Version : Thundarr's Sunsword

dbraxton9
02-12-2006, 06:18 PM
remember this cartoon show? there were so many things stolen from star wars, but it was so entertaining! the artwork was awesome, better than most adventure cartoons (it was NOT made by Hannah-Barbera as many think) and had cool bad guys like Gemini. I always thought Thundarr would make a great movie, but had a hard time deciding what to do with the obviously ripped-off Sunsword. what do you guys think? live action or cartoon?

"Size matters not. Look at me! Judge me by my size do you? And well you should not! For my ally is the force, and a powerful ally it is!"

tetmatek
02-12-2006, 07:54 PM
Live action!!Yea.... and they can get Kevin Sorbo to be Thundarr since he 's the only i think Stargate SG1 didn't pick up when andromeda was shut down. LOL

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/3213/sig35jo.jpg

LAN-ED-TUL
02-12-2006, 07:59 PM
yep, i remember thundarr the barbarian.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

Nightwing
02-12-2006, 08:15 PM
This is what we call a GENERATION GAP.

suit_man
02-12-2006, 08:42 PM
i have seen thundarr and i am only 17, but i guess i am a weird kid [8D]

i am a nerd, if you don't like it, i will cut you with my lightsaber

LAN-ED-TUL
02-12-2006, 09:17 PM
im 46

Nightwing
02-12-2006, 09:23 PM
Lol. I'm 16. When was this out?

Madcow
02-12-2006, 11:05 PM
Yeah I remember.
Inspiring.

MC

You want to go home and re-think your life

LAN-ED-TUL
02-12-2006, 11:22 PM
back when i was a kid. but ive seen reruns on the cartoon network in the past 2 years occasionally.

Devilstar2k2
02-13-2006, 03:04 AM
Was Thundarr the guy from planet Quasar?

I have faint memories of it from USA's Cartoon Express... I think...

I'm 29, BTW. [:)]

EDIT-

Just did some looking around, and I don't think that Thundarr is from Quasar. Its Zandor from Herculoids thats from Quasar. [B)]

LAN-ED-TUL
02-13-2006, 03:25 AM
i remember something about quasar, and there was a big and lil glob of goo stuff with eyes, and a flying, (kinda looked like dino, from the flintstones) dragon thing that shot ray beams from his tail and head. i remember something about the kid, he had a slingshot, and shot power orbs or something like that. and there was a big thing like a bgfoot that shot a power crossbow thing. its been some time since i seen that show. thats what i remember for now of it.

dbraxton9
02-13-2006, 08:08 AM
http://www.wordiq.com/definition/Thundarr_the_Barbarian
thundarr was 1980-1982 plus reruns.
you're thinking of either the Herculoids or Dungeons and Dragons cartoons. I think that Quasar business was from Blackstarr, but I may have it wrong. The guy who has 1/2 of the power sword and the bad guy has the other half?
best things about Thundarr: artwork artwork artwork, setting, title sequence of earth's destruction
worst things about Thundarr: acting, music (blaring trumpets throughout)
I think this would make an awesome cartoon movie with a little retooling. I think live action would tempt too many directors to go CGI-crazy as they all seem to do these days.
I'm 32 and I bet those of you who are 10-15 years younger would look at Thundarr and go "This looks like every sci-fi adventure I've ever seen all rolled into one cartoon." but then I bet you watch the whole episode! Robbed guys riding on giant flying bats, Rat people in hotrod motorcycle gangs, the Statue of Liberty coming to life and destroying everything with her torch, it was awsome! Hell of a lot better than the Superfriends.

"Size matters not. Look at me! Judge me by my size do you? And well you should not! For my ally is the force, and a powerful ally it is!"

dbraxton9
02-13-2006, 08:17 AM
http://www.thundarr.com/images.html

LAN-ED-TUL
02-13-2006, 12:01 PM
i knew there was a bigfoot lookin thing in thundarr. when i was thinking of the quasar deal, i did mix up a bit of herculoids in there. guess the only one i got close was the bigfoot critter. man, its been a long time since i seen that show. old age settin in. lol

Tenric Starkindler
02-13-2006, 06:54 PM
http://a1596.g.akamaitech.net/f/1596/1167/1d/images.columbiahouse.com/content/art/dvd/cover/03/92/039249_dba_dtl_01.jpg

since we're talking Old Cheap SW rip offs.........still I kinda liked this one.

Reality often interferes with what would otherwise be an idyllic delusion.

dbraxton9
02-13-2006, 07:01 PM
never heard of that. is it animated? how old is it? what is it about?

journeyman171
02-13-2006, 07:25 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by tetmatek

Live action!!Yea.... and they can get Kevin Sorbo to be Thundarr since he 's the only i think Stargate SG1 didn't pick up when andromeda was shut down. LOL

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/3213/sig35jo.jpg
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Kevin Sorbo couldn't do it. He took the andromeda job cause his doctor said no more physically active rolls. (at least thats what i heard) i wouldn't be supprised if there were fight scenes in andromeda, but nothing compared to herculies.

Tenric Starkindler
02-13-2006, 07:51 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by dbraxton9

never heard of that. is it animated? how old is it? what is it about?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

An old animated movie (1985)of a slave turned hero who finds a magic sword and a way to freedom for all the oppressed slaves....some cool ships as I recall....very SW like.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Description
This animated sci-fi thriller resembles the premise of the Star Wars trilogy, featuring Orin, a hardworking miner who stumbles upon a powerful sword that reveals the existance of a whole new world.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Reality often interferes with what would otherwise be an idyllic delusion.

darthrumph
02-13-2006, 08:30 PM
well check out all things retro at www.retrojunk.com

"The probability of successfully navigating an asteroid field is approxamitly 3,720 to 1"...C3PO - ANH

SonofaMok
11-27-2011, 03:57 PM
Thundarr had 2 companions: 1 Princess Ariel the sorceress and 2: Ookla the Mok. The trio escaped from the lair of the wizard Sabian, who was also Ariel's Step-father. They roam a post-apocalyptic future version of earth defeating wizards and demons as they encounter them.

Sunrider
11-27-2011, 05:40 PM
Holy necropost dude. I think you may have broken a record here. :confused:

Jedi-Loreen
11-29-2011, 10:14 AM
Please don't post in old threads like this. It gets people annoyed and thinking that you might be a SPAMbot.

I'm locking this thread.