PDA

View Full Version : CF sold out!

Clockwork
03-08-2008, 10:58 AM
Did anyone else catch that? I remembered at about 11am that today was the day, checked my emails, and rushed to buy my CFs, there were 45 at the time, I come back 3 hours later out of interest to see how fast they are selling and Gone, 100% sold out. That was incredibly fast!

savyas
03-08-2008, 11:26 AM
ya - I checked when I got up this morning (9AM EST) and they were listed as having 0 in stock. My baby girl fell and hit her head and I took her to the hospital for stitches. Got home at 1:30PM and it's not even listed anymore.

Lord Maul
03-08-2008, 11:29 AM
Damnit. Now my saber has no bloody sound card. ARG http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n187/aluke_2006/Smilies/icon_zx11pissed.gif

vortextwist
03-08-2008, 12:12 PM
Damnit. Now my saber has no bloody sound card. ARG http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n187/aluke_2006/Smilies/icon_zx11pissed.gif
I thought you got one?

killphil
03-08-2008, 12:43 PM
Something must have gone wrong or some ******* decided to bogart them. This sux. I'vebeen checking in religiously everyday, and then I decide to go out for breakfast with my family today and I miss out. Its inconcievable. I had a project I've been planning for awhile now. I'm pissed....

Treadingwolf
03-08-2008, 12:50 PM
Well i am happy for Erv having such a great product that it would sell soo quickly, but also i am dissapointed i missed out again as well. Oh well such is life.

hambleta
03-08-2008, 12:57 PM
that happened to me the last time they came into stock. I was fortunate enough to get one this morning...I guess my insomnia and the fact I had to shovel the driveway for my wife was kind of worth the hassle

luis rojas
03-08-2008, 03:43 PM
Today is the international day of women, so after having breakfast with my wife and wish her a happy day I came to the computer with my little girl. She was very excited because I'm gonna finish her Mara Jade lightsaber project with a real nice piece of work as the crystal focus is. Then our happy world turns upside down... THEY WERE SOLD OUT!!!

I'm quoting here Janice from friends " Oh... my...god!!"

So we have to wait...

Onli-Won Kanomi
03-08-2008, 03:44 PM
ERV has EVERY right to sell these boards ANY way he likes and the fact they sold out in 2 hours is a testament to the fantastic high quality of his product but I sure HOPE I dont see "quantity 30" on Ebay at 300 bucks minimum bid cause I'm sure that would p.o. a lot of us who didnt get a chance to buy even one and I'd hate to think some 'speculator' has "decided to bogart them" as mentioned too but its NOT Erv's responsibility to prevent that either so I'll just hope to get luckier next time.

savyas
03-08-2008, 04:01 PM
I blame her, she made me leave the house for 4 hours this morning for stitches.

Oh who am I kidding, how can anyone blame such a sweetheart!

savyas
03-08-2008, 04:19 PM
Give a girl a pink saber (even if it is MR sound), and the boo-boo's just don't matter anymore.

Onli-Won Kanomi
03-08-2008, 04:35 PM
I blame her, she made me leave the house for 4 hours this morning for stitches.

Oh who am I kidding, how can anyone blame such a sweetheart!

Awww what a cutie your youngling is and what a booboo poor thing...kinda puts what really matters in life in perspective eh...there'll be more CF in time maybe even better models and better luck next time to all of us who missed out today eh?

Onli-Won Kanomi
03-08-2008, 04:38 PM
Give a girl a pink saber (even if it is MR sound), and the boo-boo's just don't matter anymore.

Padawan-to-be looks like shes quite pleased with her pink saber even with the MR sound [I may have to make my sister's pink saber with MR sound too].

Just imagine what our sabers will be like by the time she grows up...CF v20.0 powering REAL lightsabers maybe? LOL

Jeescook
03-08-2008, 04:46 PM
Does anyone know how long it will take for erv to make the next batch?:mad:

DarthFender
03-08-2008, 07:02 PM
Jeescook,

Not even Erv will know something like that. Although, I would guess it will be quicker than last time. Erv got the runaround from an manufacturer that wasted his time, so he decided to do them his self again.

xwingband
03-08-2008, 07:04 PM
If you see them on ebay... simple: don't buy. Supply and demand will work out. If they're idiots willing to spend that much let them. If the market doesn't support them the price will fall.

Honestly I wouldn't have minded picking up two more for myself, but I see that and hope a bunch of peons don't come to me hoping I'll install it for them.

Madcow
03-08-2008, 08:46 PM
Honestly I wouldn't have minded picking up two more for myself, but I see that and hope a bunch of peons don't come to me hoping I'll install it for them.

I missed out too, but I can wait.
Do what I do x-wing - simply charge a CF as payment to install a CF... alot of newbies get their hands on 2 - it would seem.

MC

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
03-08-2008, 09:17 PM
I had hoped to be able to buy one, but I didn't have the money this round, so I wasn't even paying attention to when they went for sale.

I guess I'll save my pennies and wait for the next batch of CFs.

erv
03-09-2008, 12:02 AM
ok,
this topic might be locked now. No need to let frustration grow there, despite I understand very well how you guys feel.

To be discussed / solved for the next batch :

- time zone issues. 3PM in France goes to 5AM in certain places (US west coast, Japan).
- number of board produced per batch
- number of boards per customer

As for partial answers to those topics:
- Not knowing that it will sell in 2 hours, I didn't think time would be an issue. Have the early birds buying in europe and on the east coast. Then a few hours later, the rest of the US.
Next batch : if I stay on this "crazy buy" system, the exact moment the boards will be online will be indicated thru forums and newsletters a week before or so.

- number of boards : hard for me to make more than 60 but I'll see

- I can ensure that no one made bulky order of CF. I have one customer I know well who bought 4 since he's making sabers for his friends and he has been waiting for several month to get them, just like you guys. Another one bought 3. All the rest is either 1 (mainly) or 2 (some).

News soon,
First I have 60 boards to ship...
Erv'

Novastar
03-09-2008, 02:44 AM
Holy cow! Even *I* missed the whole shebang here, although I do indeed have plenty of CF right now...

That is an unprecedented amount of demand for this, obviously! 2 hours?!!?!?

I hate to swear, but...

Damn.

That's all I have to say.

Dandura
03-09-2008, 11:14 AM
Didn't even know, I was on the bloody list too. Thats amazing they went out in two hours.

sfer1
03-09-2008, 11:22 AM
I was very lucky to get one. :-)

Thankfully, I saw they became available before I left home for a few hours. They were sold out when I got back.

erv
03-09-2008, 02:02 PM
Didn't even know, I was on the bloody list too. Thats amazing they went out in two hours.

if you subscribed to the newsletter, you should have received an email. If not, you haven't subcribed to the newsletter or product notification,
as simple as that.
Erv'

kazei maru
03-09-2008, 08:01 PM
I was fortunate to have checked my E-mail Sat. morning & got the notification about the CF V 3.0. I jumped to Erv's site & ordered one. There were 47 left at the time. I agree also that some one may have bought a bunch of the boards to sell or make sabers to sell. If that's the case, you'll see a bunch of them popping up on Ebay & other saber sites. Too bad stuff like that happens. I think Erv would rather see everyone be able to enjoy a CF board for their own personal saber. On another note, I'm glad his work sells so well. It tells you what kind of engineering & quality he puts into it. When I saw the CF V 2.5 on Youtube, I knew I had to get one. I can't wait till it gets here!

Novastar
03-10-2008, 12:01 AM
A tribute to Erv's hard work over the past years... to selling 60 CF v3 boards in TWO HOURS... and just to have some fun! :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=L0cWMLMyOr8

Enjoy!

erv
03-10-2008, 12:35 AM
if you watch it till the very end, you'll see I'm not "just" an engineer of the shadow and that I'm not "so serious" despite of the long post I sometimes write here ! :D
So... for those who don't really know me, yep, I have fun going to costume convention, with my jedi costume and my props and I'm very often fooling around, héhé
again,
nova, thanks for the video, I LOVE it ! Some pieces of work you'll see there were made by customers, like Old Yoda, one of the rare french sabersmith, he turned his old lathe into a CNC and built his own anodizing tank.
The tribute also goes to customers, DIY fans and people that are WILLING to experiment and understand and learn new things even if it's not part of their initial background !

Erv'

Madcow
03-10-2008, 09:31 AM
Great vid Nova!
The end was like something played at a funeral... I almost cried.

DON'T DIE ERV!!!

MC

erv
03-10-2008, 11:48 AM
lol
don't worry, I'm not dying ! I'm never "malfichu" :mrgreen: !!
Mood is ok, great busy day, and visited a new house, and we like it... And a workmate finished his Phd, now I have to call him "doctor" :-D

Barmic Rin
03-10-2008, 12:54 PM
Dammit! the only computer I could get to was the work one, and it's internal sites only!!!!

I can well believe they went in two hours, & i'm p***ed I missed out!

Just means I have to give Tim my cash this time around! You'll get some soon from me Erv! :.P

Novastar
03-10-2008, 11:32 PM
Great vid Nova!

You're welcome! It was indeed for everyone...

The end was like something played at a funeral... I almost cried.

(!)... funeral??! What thhhhheee....?

DON'T DIE ERV!!!

(!!!!!) Dying? I thought he just sold 60 boards! This is no time to 'die'. There will be plenty of time for all that dying crap later! Like, much later.

If anyone is DYING, it's me. (JK, really) But... I fractured my spine about a month ago. But, never fear, I'm much better now. ;) It'll take more than that to kill me. Besides, Phil (Cael) and I are filming the "farewell to BOP III" 250 move fight this Sunday. Wish us luck.

We're gonna need it.

ANYHOW... back to our regularly scheduled program: "What would YOU like on Crystal Focus?"

I think it'd make a good game-show. Granted, that's just me. :)

Dandura
03-10-2008, 11:42 PM
Nah got the mail, of course. I just wasn't keeping up on my e-email. What I meant erv is that I emailed you when you asked who would want one, that list. But I neglected to keep up with the sales.

Hasid Lafre
03-11-2008, 01:40 AM
Great video nova. 1 question. at the time of 2 min 58 sec of the video. What saber is that?

I have never seen that saber before. its sorta a lukeobi ish looking saber. its after the blue stunt and before the graflex thats lit up on the floor.

erv
03-11-2008, 02:55 AM
it was made by a french customer,
you can see all the fan made sabers in my gallery here
http://www.plecterlabs.com/index.php?option=gallery&catid=38&Itemid=55

Erv'

Hasid Lafre
03-11-2008, 06:32 AM
kool, thx erv

yanis
03-12-2008, 10:27 AM
Hello
Sorry for you, the American me I have had my chrystal focus saber core 3.0, and I am sorry for all those who have not had. Novastar your video is very funny

yan's

erv
03-12-2008, 11:40 AM
lol ! please welcome the effort of a young young french fan who's making the effort to post in english in the wildness of this wide forum !
Right, he should get his CF soon, he was one of the first to order (ok, easier since he's on the same time zone)
welcome to the forums yanis !

Erv'

strengthofrage
03-12-2008, 05:27 PM
Welcome to the madness Yanis :)

Sethski
03-12-2008, 05:50 PM
Yay, good to have you on board Yanis!

Glad you got a Crystal Focus and look forward to hearing about the saber it will power ;)

DACOTA
03-15-2008, 04:05 PM
Ahh crap! Man, thats like one board every two minutes! Geese, where do these all go?! Even though I couldnt buy one, I just...still...its just.....I dont know what to say. Ok, well its good for erv.

Kasri Deodene
03-16-2008, 02:04 AM
Ahh crap! Man, thats like one board every two minutes! Geese, where do these all go?! Even though I couldnt buy one, I just...still...its just.....I dont know what to say. Ok, well its good for erv.

I know, you should say in the now immortal words of Novastar, "Damn!!" :D

Mine arrived Friday, and must say the workmanship on it is first class. A very clean and tidy board, and i'm very much looking forward to V4.

Novastar
03-16-2008, 02:09 AM
I don't know about immortal. Actually I DO know--it ain't so! Not for most mortal men, hehehhe

Well, ok, Jackie Chan is immortal. Jet Li. Mother Teresa. MLK... anyhow, I digress... ;)

Me though? IMMORAL maybe... but immortal?!

<---- shakeths his headeth a resonant "nay sirrah!"

Silverwing
03-16-2008, 02:38 AM
Ehh all I know is even as a well-informed newbie, I can tell that CF's have a reason to be sold out. the sound on Novastar's demonstration video made me drool. Now I just need to figure out what I am going to do for sound on my first saber.

erv
03-17-2008, 02:16 AM
just a little info to inform you that about half of the batch has been shipped. For the rest, I need 2 additionnal weeks so that I can buy the remaining SD card holder, requiered to finish the boards and then ship them.

Also, some people had a CF in their cart from a long time, they did not pay attention to the shipping options / fees : any CF ordered without any option is considered as "delayed CF + speaker", shipping by the end of april or so.

Erv'

Novastar
03-17-2008, 02:30 AM
Which reminds me... (Tim... Erv)... I'll check on those speakers tomorrow...

I wish all the complications hadn't occurred, but... as we all know, sith happens.

P.S. //begin thread de-rail...
... .... ... Phil (Cael) and I finished the 250 move filming last night...
... it ain't perfect, but it sure looks nice thus far! Editing to follow...
... //end thread de-rail...

Ade Kenobi
03-19-2008, 09:24 AM
Just got my CF3 today. Thanks to Erv for excellent workmanship and quick delivery.