PDA

View Full Version : LUX III vs MR stock Led Strip

thornwolf
03-06-2008, 02:20 PM
I hope this will be my last noob question. (probably not but here's hoping)

I am the only person I know getting into this, so i have no help and I am really behind at work so...

If a ran a 36 inch TCSS blade, with a 4AA, puck, and LUX III royal blue LED, would this be brighter than the MR Luke ANH I have?

or should I bite the bullet and beg the wife for more cash for the Lux V?
:-D

LAN-ED-TUL
03-08-2008, 07:02 AM
RB is the lowest lumen led, my wifes converted mace saber i did for her has a RB led in it, and its not all the bright.

darthdan
03-08-2008, 07:18 AM
RB K2's are pretty bright. To my eye the LuxV green I had was not much brighter than my RB K2.

Dark Navel
03-08-2008, 08:17 AM
If you want a nice and even blade, even though it wont be as bright as the other color LUXS', roll about 5' of cellophane in the blade...It will make a huge difference.

xwingband
03-08-2008, 07:20 PM
It's a tough question because they aren't even going to be the same shade. A mid-bin blue is closest but a royal blue is no where near the MR.

Screw the brightness I love the saturation. Like darthdan posted I think a royal blue K2 is pretty kick butt and the one I have gives off a purple hue when igniting.

I guess I'm odd though. I'll pick color over brightness. Like I like a filtered yellow over amber, and royal blue over a blue, and red over a red-orange.

thornwolf
03-10-2008, 12:16 PM
Thanks everybody!