PDA

View Full Version : Total Newbie, help!!

jUsh
11-08-2005, 01:42 AM
<font face="Arial">Hi everyone!
I am total newbie to contructing lightsabers and what should go inside and what not. But I was looking on eBay to get one for my cousin's birthday. Then, I thought of a better idea, why not just make our own. We aren't so close, thus it would create some bonding while we create our own unque lightsaber hilts. Anyway, I was reading on the eBay site that the guy used a Custom Saber Shop conversion, which made the blade stronger, so when you fought each other, the lights wouldn't go out. Obviously, I googled "Custom Saber Shop" and came upon this awesome site. I would like to build from scrap, y'know with cutting the chrome tubing and installing the electronics inside. Is there already a tutorial on this? I also would like to get my the proper blade so the lights won't go out when dueling too hard. But at the same time be able to take off the blade so it could be used as a flashlight. What are the parts required, all of them? So I could make my purchase at the store at the same time. Thanks in advance for helping this Jedi Apprentice.

P.S. Also, is there a way to add the sounds? That would be so awesome!!</font id="Arial">

Strydur
11-08-2005, 02:23 AM
Led hilt tutorial..
http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sabers/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=16
Led hilt kit..
http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sabers/Scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=29

Tim
The Custom Saber Shop

StrangeWings
11-08-2005, 07:35 PM
Just talk to Tim (Strydur) he can help you out..he is DA MAN.

joruus28
11-09-2005, 04:18 PM
Rookie here as well. I stumbled onto Tim's site in the exact same way. I have since built five hilts and four blades...all of which have taken a substantial beating at the hands of my Padawan children. Not a mark can be found on the blades, and these kids try to destroy each other. One tip...use the upgraded inverter... your blade really is noticeably brighter. My prized blade/hilt followed much of Tim's direction, and used a <font color="purple">purple blade</font id="purple">. Outstanding results. I finished the saber off with a chrome emitter from Jedigear.com. Good way to see what a great deal Tim gives on blade parts, too.

Good luck!

Dave James

jUsh
11-15-2005, 12:13 PM
<font face="Arial">I cheated!

I bought the Darth Vader FX lightsabers, because of the sound FX. What are the kits required to make the blade removable? At the same time with a removable blade will it be strong enough for dueling? Thanks guys!

PS I'm loving my new light saber! I can feel the force within =D </font id="Arial">

Mechamaniac
11-15-2005, 12:57 PM
Go to the front page...

In the left menu, towards the bottom, you should see "What's New".

The first item there is "MR Vader conversion kit".

That should have everything you need minus the LED itself.

The LED, and optics, you can get from <font color="red">-- The hilt supplies section on the storefront --</font id="red">

Hope that helps.