PDA

View Full Version : The Ray Gun

DaJoQuim
03-04-2008, 06:22 PM
Hi Everyone!!
My friend from work sent me this today!!Our army has a ray gun!!I think this is so cool!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1w4g2vr7B4

Novastar
03-04-2008, 06:48 PM
heheh, I'd seen that some months ago on Future Weapons with that crazy bald ex-military guy. The dude has some charisma for speaking and communicating too! The show is pretty incredible.

I'm not sure how the weapon works, but... it would NOT be a bad guess to think in the way of microwaves or something akin to this that will literally "cook" you a bit... and therefore make you want to quit whatever current objective you have--naughty or nice.

I suppose the ADVANTAGE is that they are saying, hey--now we don't have to KILL or even disable people by gunfire, nor get directly involved in a one-on-one melee-like kind of tactic for a group of individuals.

Granted, I imagine these won't be "standard issue" globally, hehehhehe. At least not for many many hundreds of years!

DaJoQuim
03-04-2008, 07:27 PM
Maybe years down the road we have a blaster lol!!

Darth Zecks
03-04-2008, 10:38 PM
I love that show Nova. I think your right it uses some kind of microwaves to make you feel like your burning when your not. Sounds.....uncomfortable to say the least. The theres the one that uses the green light to disorient the target. I don't think blasters are to far in the future the way weapon technology is progressing.

Mi Gin Gonn
03-10-2008, 07:10 AM
cool video. why did I just flash back to the original War of the Worlds? and i mean the original from 1954, not the one with sci-fi-entologist Tom Cruise in it. only difference is this heat-ray doesn't shoot sparks. can't wait for the small handheld version to be available at every gun store.