PDA

View Full Version : MR Soundcards?

Drichar Deis
03-01-2008, 04:06 PM
How/Who do i get one and how much am i looking at?

Ive got an ep3 anakin but i dont really want to gut it!

Barmic Rin
03-01-2008, 04:20 PM
Have a word in your local Modelzone.
Some of them stock them & they may have display/ broken ones to gut, though Ebay will be more of a sure thing.

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
03-01-2008, 05:48 PM
I've been looking, and I have only ever seen one broken MR on Ebay. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong times.

Barmic Rin
03-01-2008, 06:12 PM
It's just a case of whether you can find one that goes cheap enough & no one notices the sale.
Broken ones are rare, but cheap new ones are easier to come by.

Since we're on MR soundboards, how easy is it to change the speaker for a mace MR?
Anyone with ideas?

grayven
03-01-2008, 07:29 PM
Go to radio shack and pich up a Lightsaber construction kit for $50.00. For $50.00 you would be luck to find an as-is MR lightsaber.

Grayven

vortextwist
03-01-2008, 10:14 PM
It's just a case of whether you can find one that goes cheap enough & no one notices the sale.
Broken ones are rare, but cheap new ones are easier to come by.

Since we're on MR soundboards, how easy is it to change the speaker for a mace MR?
Anyone with ideas?
it's not to bad but just be carefull of the little tabs that hold the cap on.

Barmic Rin
03-01-2008, 10:16 PM
Brits don't have radio shack.
The only supplier of radio shack parts I know of is the other side of the country. My parents live afew miles from his store, that's how I found him, but I guarantee he won't ship the construction kit for you.

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
03-01-2008, 10:22 PM
We don't have Radio Shack in Canada anymore either. It's now called "The Source by Circuit City", and all they carry is high end stereos, sound systems, TVs, and such. They got completely out of the hobby electronics and toys.

Malaki Skywalker
03-02-2008, 04:52 AM
I have an MR board which was originally going to someone on the forum until my little cousin wanted it but ATM it isn't going anywhere for a while just needs a new speaker, how much are you looking to pay for one Drichar?

Drichar Deis
03-02-2008, 04:55 AM
Dont have the cash at the moment, just trying to source infomation on costs.

chaos
03-02-2008, 05:01 AM
Hey Drichar

Play.com are selling fx saber cheap just now,

http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/4-/3336868/Star-Wars-Luke-Skywalker-Replica-FX-Lightsaber-Episode-IV/Product.html

£39.99 for one is not to bad esecially if yout just going to gut it for the sound board.

But if your looking for one even cheaper, as Barmic said, just keep checking ebay. I got a brand new luke ANH of ebay just before xmas for £25. I also got a second hand vader ESB for £12. The guy said it wasn't workin but it turned out that it only needed new batteries!!!! :D

Both have now been gutted as all I wanted them for was the sound boards!

Drichar Deis
03-02-2008, 05:44 AM
Cheers all, information noted thank you.