PDA

View Full Version : Weirdness

djobitwan7
02-29-2008, 11:32 AM
I have a Luxeon III kit (Green) w a Luxeon 3w driver board. I put them all together and it worked fine for a week with no problems. It is now blinking/flashing. I put in new batteries and still had the same effect.

I then tried wiggling one of the wires connected to the start, that seemed to be the problem and I redid it and it was good for 2 more days. It is once again doing the same flashing.blinking effect. Any ideas as to why? I'm baffled on this. Thanks guys.

Lord Mryadace
02-29-2008, 11:39 AM
my inital thought would be to ask if it is getting too hot and remelting the solder and causing the connection to break... but there are many more saber experts in here.. so i would get their opinion first, but that's just my thought

djobitwan7
02-29-2008, 11:47 AM
Not getting hot at all as far as I know. Hopefully, someone can shed some light on this. I haven't even dueled with it yet, so it's not being knocked around either. I didn't think to have it tapped beforehand and no thumbscrew to hold the blade in place yet, LOL.

Lord Mryadace
02-29-2008, 11:58 AM
MMM... well since it's blinking, it's got to be something in the wiring. So i would check everything. even on the board, maybe something there is loose.

Jay-gon Jinn
02-29-2008, 11:59 AM
You didn't happen to use the resistor in the Lux III kit did you?

Hasid Lafre
02-29-2008, 12:57 PM
A steady slowish blink means the battery voltage is to low to power the board.

djobitwan7
02-29-2008, 01:48 PM
Nope, I did not use the resistor. From what I read I bought the board, so I didn't have to use it. Unless that is wrong and I misread it. If so, I will put it in there.

As for low voltage, it was a kit and it was the 4 AAA battery pack. How can it be low voltage if that is the standard part that comes with it and proven to work? Can it be the board possibly too? I'm wondering about all probabilities. It blinks at a constant rate too if that helps. I will post a link where it shows it blinking tonight when I get home from work. :confused:

djobitwan7
02-29-2008, 07:48 PM
OK, my bad. It seems the battery pack itself made one of the batteries pop out a bit. It snapped into place and seemed OK after that. It looks normal, but had to inspect it closely to see. Weird either way.

At least now I can see what to do about getting one of my Luke FX sound boards, so I can have sound.

Jay-gon Jinn
03-01-2008, 01:15 AM
Nope you're right, didn't need the resistor, but thought I'd ask in case you did by mistake. Glad to hear that you got it figured out!