PDA

View Full Version : Greetings and salutations

Hatja
02-28-2008, 03:23 PM
Hi all,

I've bummed around on the forum for a couple of weeks, and with each visit, my desire to begin my own saber project has increased.

I've owned and played with numerous MR sabers. They're fun, but, of course, not much in a duel (I've got a lovely Anakin saber that looks more like a blue and black leopard than a blade). I know, I know, it says not to duel on the box. But c'mon. Handing a saber to a Star Wars fan and not expecting him/her to swing and clank is like handing a case of beer to a frat. boy and expecting him to drink water.

So, here I am. I've got some experience doing minor machine work in an FX shop, and I'm fairly handy with tools. My plan is to mess around with some sink drains first, make some empty shells, work on detail, and perfect my techniques. Then I'll order some parts from here (MHS style) and work on a more elaborate customization with electronics & light.

Look forward to being a part of the forum!

Hatja

Ghostbat
02-29-2008, 11:03 AM
Welcome! And as someone who bent a MR Anakin blade to 90degrees, I agree, you can't keep us from USING these things!