PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Kasri Deodene
02-28-2008, 03:07 AM
Hi everyone!

As the title says i'm a complete beginnner in all this. Really enjoyed reading through all the different parts of the forum the last couple of weeks.

As a stepping stone i'm converting my FX sabers to Luxeon's to get an idea of what i'm doing.

Hope to start making my own sabers very soon and will no doubt post alot of questions, as i'm pretty good on the putting together of things, but when it comes to working out volts/amps/ohms and all that stuff i'm a complete starter with no idea.

Hopefully a few of my ideas will appear soon for you guys to critique, and there will no doubt be loads of questions from me which i'll do my best to find before i ask them (nothing worse than asking a question when the answer is sitting on page 2).

Think i'm going to enjoy it here :cool:

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
02-28-2008, 12:50 PM
Welcome!

Sounds like you have the right idea. There's a lot of good information to be found here.

Good luck!

Ghostbat
02-29-2008, 11:05 AM
Welcome!

Search isn't as good as it could be, but read the tutorials and you will be well on your way!

Darth Zecks
03-01-2008, 12:44 AM
Greetings and Salutations. Like I tell everyone that joins, you could not have found a better place for saber smithing. I have learn so much just from reading the tuts and just the posts in general. There are so many people here that are saber building gods as far as I'm concerned. Take a look at the custom saber pics and you will see what I mean. I didn't know a thing when I joined and now I'm sure I could do a decent job. Welcome and enjoy.

Kasri Deodene
03-01-2008, 01:21 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome.

Got a tip on the search thing :)

Advanced search on Google using forums.thecustomsabershop.com as the domain parameter.

Works wonders.

Drichar Deis
03-01-2008, 01:31 PM
Welcome, the threads may be confusing but dont be afraid to ask people for pointers, they normally through you a couple of good links.

Barmic Rin
03-01-2008, 01:37 PM
Another Brit! Groovy!

Welcome aboard fella!

Drichar Deis
03-01-2008, 01:39 PM
Smack to my head!

I didnt even notice that!

Wahey!

Kasri Deodene
03-01-2008, 03:15 PM
Yep Brit all the way :)

Questions will no doubt start coming as i have a few ideas bubbling around in my head.

Drichar Deis
03-01-2008, 03:20 PM
Please allow me to be the first to introduce you to the UK thread, as such.....

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=3789

Barmic Rin
03-01-2008, 03:30 PM
Any probs, just ask dude!

Kasri Deodene
03-02-2008, 03:01 AM
Bit more information about me if anyone is interested :)

Reached the ripe age of 36. Started as a Cabinet Maker (producing reproduction furniture) straight from school, then after being made redundant i'm now working in I.T. for the Police Force. Been there 3 years now and enjoy working in the varied area of telephony and secure digital radio's. Needless to say i'm liking my current job more than my first.

Hobbies. Well apart from the reason i'm posting on this forum i've got a couple of other hobbies that take up nearly all my spare time. First one is a good bit of pencil and paper roleplaying, and meet up regularly with friends to give monsters a good bashing.

Second and probably the most expenive of my hobbies is my car.
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j209/scoobydave96/car1.jpg
1996 grey import Impreza STI V3, goes like the wind and so does the fuel. Belong to the local owners club and regularly meet up with them, which is a good reason to spend the afternoon in a pub :D

Think that's about enough useless information about me now. Off to look at the shop to have a think about another design :cool:

Drichar Deis
03-02-2008, 04:25 AM
Hmm nice.......... wheels!