PDA

View Full Version : Forced Unleashed Saber Pike

LuciousTalvloinne
02-27-2008, 06:04 PM
Well this is my first lightsaber attempt based on the Imperial weapon of the Shadowguards. It was a real blast making this.

I would really like feed back on this. Also fyi the 5th adaptor from the bottom I need to get a bolt screw and put into that to connect it together. The only reason this isn't sealed is that is where the battery pack is kept.

Lucious Talvloinne

Stinky Bantha
02-27-2008, 06:09 PM
Oh man... that is all kinds of cool! Great work! Get a picture with a person in there. I wanna see how big that thing is!

thejedilestat
02-27-2008, 06:13 PM
well that is diffrent what did u use to hold the led and blade in place?

Sethski
02-27-2008, 07:43 PM
That's a great prop you've made there, always nice to see something lightsaber related that isn't actually a saber - especially when someone's made a really decent job of it.

...and plenty of room for batteries and goodies in that "hilt" :D

BhujangiJedi
02-27-2008, 07:58 PM
That looks freakin' awesome!

But yeah - MORE PICS! And with a person - gotta see the size of that thing.

Also, if you could get Jung Woo-sung from Musa (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0275083/) to do some moves with it and make a video, I'd appreciate it. But seriously, if you want to see some bad-ass saber pike moves, watch Musa.

Hasid Lafre
02-27-2008, 08:23 PM
Umm saber javilin nice!

Darth_DevilGuy
02-27-2008, 11:08 PM
dude... how long is that thing? :shock:

chase
02-28-2008, 06:14 AM
Dude, that thing is awesome. How long is the blade? It looks tiny compared to the rest of it.

Ghostbat
02-28-2008, 09:54 AM
Aha! I knew someone would get in a polesaber :) Nice job!

Malaki Skywalker
02-28-2008, 01:58 PM
Very nice! That is one big saber spear :D

Corbin_Das
02-28-2008, 02:19 PM
Someone beat me to it. LOL

Very nice job. I remember seeing a picture online some time back and wasn't sure if it was going to be from The Force Unleashed or perhaps it might have been an idea for the TV series. Either way, I thought it looked cool.

Here's the picture I saw. I just did a search while writing this and found it again:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/corbin_das/secretguard.jpg

Corbin

Hasid Lafre
02-28-2008, 02:26 PM
Jesus the blade is almost as long as half of the hilt.
Distance fighting for the win!

LuciousTalvloinne
02-28-2008, 03:59 PM
Thanks guys. I'm really impressed with it. The blade i got was a 32 inch blade. I know it looks small. But the finished product is like 9 feet tall with the blade on it. I really don't think I would be able to put a sound board into this cause the bottom part of it is a wooden dowel. This really tickles me well that I am getting such praise on this. Now in reference to the picture. The pike is not parrell with the guard but is as it appears to be at least 2 feet at a slant. In doing this. you would be able to take it from rest to a striking lance section. the funny thing is last tuesday I was in a car and actually was riding with it in lance form. No pictures where taken of this. This weekend I should have the entire Costume in possesion so everyone can see how it looks.

As for what I did to mount the blade in. I just stuck a adaptor into the standard metal pieces we get from here. It gives it a really good fit.

Thanks again.

Lucious Talvloinne

P.S. Corbin I think i did pretty good for not having any machined parts.

strengthofrage
02-28-2008, 04:55 PM
Another reason why I love this forum, so many cool toys to look at!

Very nice job, I like it :)

Novastar
02-28-2008, 06:49 PM
Great stuff!

hey, I have the perfect CF sound font on the way for something like that! More on that soon... :)

LuciousTalvloinne
02-29-2008, 11:23 PM
Its not the best picture but I thought you guys would like to see. That middle joint still gives me crap - but I don't want to seal it cause i had to get the on off switch and fish it out - the nut for the switch slipped off.

ArkaiHalon
03-08-2008, 09:27 PM
I got to see this thing today at All-Con. It's freaking HUGE, and looks great in person. He's got a 3/4 inch blade in it and it looks perfect.

Again, great job LT

Sethski
03-08-2008, 09:46 PM
Lucious, that thing really does look great and the costume in your pic as well... wow! Good effort!

LuciousTalvloinne
03-11-2008, 02:59 PM
I got to see this thing today at All-Con. It's freaking HUGE, and looks great in person. He's got a 3/4 inch blade in it and it looks perfect.

Again, great job LT\

Its not Huge the ceilings are just low :>

Here is a really good picture of it. The blade got washed out in the photo but stilll. When I saw this I was in awestuck of myself. I know you guys are getting a kick out of it. But I was in so freaking I can't even place the words.

Arka in your words what gave the weapon away and at what point did you realize you had stumbled across the weapon. Not to mention hold it... hows that for a light weapon.

ArkaiHalon
03-14-2008, 07:42 AM
there aren't a whole lot of 9ft tall lightsabers around, so when I saw it, I figured either it was you, or someone copied it.