PDA

View Full Version : A Good Evening from England

Chen
02-25-2008, 10:12 AM
Hello there everyone.

I'm a university student from London who's gotten interested in Lightsabers after buying one two many Force FX Sabers at the MCM Expo in November. Star Wars is something that has always been around and always been cool but the one thing that little kid inside me has always wanted to do is have a Saber Duel. Right now, I keep my most of my MR's in my family home except for my Yoda which is absolutely perfect for swinging around my tiny little dorm room.

My interest grew to obsession fuelled by the LCC videos such as RvD and the youtube videos from NovaStar, NYJedi and many cool saber smiths like Erv and Endori. I think that this might be something that links closely to my fondness for staged combat and choreography coupled with how pretty and well-made saber can be.

Ultimately, I'd like to make a couple of duel-worthy sabers but I feel like I still have alot to learn yet :)

Tom Starkiller
02-25-2008, 10:18 AM
Welcome, from up the Midlands.

Angelus Lupus
02-25-2008, 11:34 AM
Another one from our side of the pond! Welcome from Kent.
You shoulda turned up here a while back, three of us managed to meet up in London for a saber fight.

Sethski
02-25-2008, 12:23 PM
Hi Chen!

Welcome - I'm also in London and one of the folks who met up before with Angelus and Barmic Rin. It was great fun and I'm sure we'll end up doing something similar again, hopefully with a few more numbers, as quite a few UK people here have expressed an interest in meeting up and there's a few of us in and around London.

There is definitely something timeless about the lightsaber thing that Lucas tapped into, I'm totally hooked - and definitely up for more meet ups and duelling, especially with Spring and better weather round the corner.

Enjoy the forums and hope to have a knock about with sabers sometime in the future.

Barmic Rin
02-25-2008, 12:43 PM
Welcome to the madness!

We have to arrange this meet up sometime in the summer. Last time was great, if a little chilly!

Where abouts in London?

This is the perfect place to build your own duel worthy saber!

Drichar Deis
02-25-2008, 01:02 PM
Welcome from Royal Windsor.

Chen
02-25-2008, 02:05 PM
Where abouts in London?
Central. I can see Big Ben and the London Eye from here. Bloody expensive but very much worth it.

Barmic Rin
02-25-2008, 02:07 PM
Jammy Sod! That is NOT cheap! LOL!

BTW, i've found the Shindig 08 topic again if you wanna help sort that!

Tom Starkiller
02-25-2008, 02:53 PM
Jammy Sod! That is NOT cheap! LOL!

BTW, i've found the Shindig 08 topic again if you wanna help sort that!

OOooooo... I forgot about that. Could someone else take over on it? I'm rather busy with exams coming up etc.

Darth_DevilGuy
02-25-2008, 06:57 PM
welcome from the opposite side of the planet (california).:razz: