PDA

View Full Version : Ola Everyone

GM1983
02-25-2008, 07:04 AM
Ola everyone from Ft. Hood TX, home of the 4th Infantry Division US Army :mrgreen:

I'm may be new to the LED saber scene but not prop building. My earliest prop was Han Solo's blaster back when I was about 5yrs old and have been building sci-fi customs ever since. Now 27yrs later I'm trying my hand at making my own Luxeon saber. I've built hilts before, but nothing with electronics involved so after doing some research for a few months I finally found The Saber Shop and couldnt be more excited!

I've been looking through the forums for awhile and decided to sign up because obviously I'm going to have a few questions along the way LoL. Hopefully within the next month I can make a basic working saber and from their get into some of the more elaborate hilts.

Just wanna say that these forums are the best resource I've found for making sabers and would like to give everyone a huge thanks for all the info you've posted. I've learned more about LED's and basic wiring here than a year of electronics class back in high school LoL.

CHEERS 8-)

Ghostbat
02-25-2008, 11:00 AM
Welcome to our madness!

jpbeck
02-25-2008, 11:24 AM
I wont hold the Army thing against you. :) There are lots of vets that are into this stuff, I'm one of them.
Welcome aboard-- thanks in advance for your picture of the saber your building. ;)

Have you thought about what you'll be building yet?

Drichar Deis
02-25-2008, 01:30 PM
Welcome from an ex british soldier!

Sethski
02-25-2008, 02:15 PM
Hi GM, and welcome!

Look forward to see what you come up with when you turn your hand to light-up sabers. Enjoy!

GM1983
02-25-2008, 09:04 PM
I wont hold the Army thing against you. :) There are lots of vets that are into this stuff, I'm one of them.
Welcome aboard-- thanks in advance for your picture of the saber your building. ;)

Have you thought about what you'll be building yet?

Actually I'm a former US Marine, I retired here at Ft. Hood because my family lives here as well as the VA hospitals being relatively close.

As for the saber I'm trying to build right now I'm going with a very basic design so I can get the feel of installing everything. It doesnt seem to be too difficult but since its my first time things can go wrong LoL.

From their I plan to make more elaborate hilts for my friends and family. However I do have a question and I know this isnt the correct forum for this but I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

Like I mentioned this is my first time making an electronic saber and as such I dont have a ton of cash at my disposal for a soundboard however I do have a ton of Hasbro sabers thanks to my three sons. When I say a ton I mean we have a total of 20 sabers whose blades have been slashed, trashed, and crashed beyond repair LoL. However the soundboards still work so my question is if anyone can point me in the direction of a wiring diagram to connect a Hasbro soundboard to the Luxeon III kit thats found here (which I'm ordering 4 of tonight).

Any and all help will be appreciated!!

Oh and yes, I'll definitly be posting pictures of my blades once they are completed and I'm always open for critisism good or bad :mrgreen:

GM1983
02-25-2008, 09:04 PM
sorry double post

Darth_DevilGuy
02-25-2008, 09:21 PM
welcome to the board!

thist diagram (http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=4091) has info on wiring a setup through corbin's driver, I think the setup would be simpler using a buckpuck, you'll want to be careful with the volts though as hasbro's fry at higher voltages.