PDA

View Full Version : LED Holder/K2

Stu Uk
02-11-2006, 08:13 PM
Guys i am so peeved, last weekend i e-mailed Tim about placing an order for a number of items including an LED holder, i even checked on these forums a couple of days later, still no luck[:(]

I then find someone selling White K2's, so i'm thinking i'll soon have my 1st saber built, only to find that they've come into stock and sold out within a few days [:(!]

So now i'm back to the waiting game, i'll have my K2 but won't be able to use it[:(!]

Tim any idea how long it'll be before they're back in stock?

"In darkness, there is strength"

xwingband
02-11-2006, 08:27 PM
Why in the world did you e-mail him though? You put orders through the store.

He said two weeks in another spot so it won't be as long. Did you find K2's in a star form? Otherwise they would fit as well in Tim's holder.

<center>http://www.dewbackwing.com/dewbacks/files/pinupbanner.jpg
www.dewbackwing.com</center>

Stu Uk
02-12-2006, 11:17 AM
I mailed him because i needed the holder machined down to fit my tube, i offered to pay for my entire order upfront, but was advised to wait until the holders were in stock.

I wish i had pre-paid now, then maybe i would have got the holder.

"In darkness, there is strength"

Strydur
02-12-2006, 01:17 PM
Stu..I am sorry, I sent you a email regarding this issue.

Let me make this perfectly clear to everyone.

1. I will NOT send out personal emails when products come in. I get 1000's of emails a week and there is no way I can keep track of who is waiting on what.

2. I will probably never take pre-orders. I do not believe in selling products before I have them in-hand as too many things can go wrong.

Tim
The Custom Saber Shop

xwingband
02-12-2006, 01:27 PM
Tim, have you ever given thought to a subscription listserv type of thing? I notice when you order that there is that option of recieving news. Perhaps a simple listserv for product arrivals would avoid this. When stuff arrives you simply write an e-mail and it gets sent to everyone who wants that kind of info. Send it out maybe once a week with stocking info on what's low and whenever they come back in stock.

This would avoid "where'd it go", and "I missed it" kind of posts. Basically it'd be a fair warning system. I know you do this in the forums to a degree but I bet those registered and even post is just the tip of the iceberg of your customer base.

Strydur
02-12-2006, 01:29 PM
I could..it is actually a function built into my shopping cart. I just dislike the idea of spamming everyones mail box. Did it have a opt out option when you signed up? If it does I will consider it.

Tim
The Custom Saber Shop

xwingband
02-12-2006, 01:37 PM
Yes, it was a check box so you could opt out. It's the only time I've ever left that kind of stuff checked.[:D] You can also uncheck it by going into your account and clicking on update account.

The Plague
02-12-2006, 01:53 PM
Stu you really need to take a break.

Those who live by the sword, will die by the sword

LAN-ED-TUL
02-12-2006, 07:49 PM
well, there were quite a few folks been waitin on those holders for some time now. and we all knew there wouldnt be enough to go round the first time. but tim did say there was a 2nd shipment expected. so cheer up. youll get one, eventually, lol

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

Umi_Ryuzuki
02-13-2006, 01:58 AM
Are you guys saying that the blade holders that were supposed to come in this week arrived and are gone?

Nice,...[:D][:D][:D]

How many were moved? I didn't even see them come up on the store pages.

And there's another shipment coming in a week? is that the same kind of week as the last shipment? [;)]

Nyow!
/
=^o^=

LAN-ED-TUL
02-13-2006, 03:21 AM
yep the ones came in and went bye bye as fast as he got them. lol

GrimaOllak
02-13-2006, 07:47 AM
Well, that's not entirely accurate. The part he got in was the adapter that fits the MHS blade holders so that they can be used in sink tubes. He still has a buttload of adapters, but, funnily enough, he sold out of his remaining MHS holders within a day.

Therefore, those holders are what're coming in within a week or so.

xwingband
02-13-2006, 08:44 AM
Yup, I bet Tim only ordered the same amount of pieces to make complete modular hilts not accounting for needing more with the extension coming.

Strydur
02-13-2006, 08:57 AM
That's correct. I did not get and sell out of a product in the same day. I listed the adapters which made me sell out of the blade holders that had been on the site for atleast a month.

Tim
The Custom Saber Shop

Do-Clo
02-13-2006, 09:15 AM
I operate a two way radio and cellular shop so I understand about supply and demand. It is hard to figure out what things to stock in mass qanity and what not to because demand changes. And I know Tim will agree the the old crystal ball is useless when it comes to trying to figure out what to buy for stock and if you buy to much of one item that does not sell then you are stuck watching it collect dust and that does not pay the bills. I have had items in stock for a long time only to have them sell out in one day and then people are complaining that I don't have any that they have to wait for the next shippment. In Tim case it is harder to restock items as each item has to be made because they are not an off the shelf item you can buy from a wholeseller. So guys, be understanding it takes time to get products, and Tim is doing a great Job.

Do-Clo
Don't make me destroy you...

LAN-ED-TUL
02-13-2006, 11:40 AM
oh we all here know that tim does the best he can do. theres no arguing that. heck, without him and his superb merchandise, we'd all be using tin cans and kitestring with elmers glue, and flashlight bulbs. well, maybe not, but definately tim makes our life much easier with his great stuff. and i will continue to buy from him, no matter what. a great big hooplah, to tim. [:D][:D][:D][:D]

gundamaniac
02-13-2006, 05:19 PM
amen.

A Jedi gains power through understanding; a Sith gains understanding through power.