PDA

View Full Version : Greetings and Salutations!

tayjuswinn
02-22-2008, 03:04 PM
Hello, All!

I was so busy reading all the other great forum entries I didn't introduce myself.

I've never built a saber before, but I have built several effects pedals for guitar from BuildYourOwnClone. Great site. At any rate, I became interested in this after my son and I built the "custom" lightsabers at Disney World (heck, I couldn't resist!).

We've pretty much beat those things into submission, so I started looking for something more durable. And I stumbled across this great site! So I've been patiently waiting for a couple of more parts to show up to build myself and my son a couple nice sabers.

Some of you may have seen my posts about the MHS sections in SketchUp.

I'd really like to give props to MaverickSmith for taking what I did just for my own personal visualization exercise and taking the designs way beyond the basic MHS shapes.

Beyond the obvious interest in sabers and guitar pedals, I play guitar and I've actually assembled a couple of guitars. Since doing that, I discovered I just like to tinker, build, craft, whatever. So this will be another addiction to add to the list.

A long-winded and much-belated Hello to all!

Darth_DevilGuy
02-22-2008, 07:21 PM
welcome, you won't find a better, if occasionally "crabby" resource! good luck on constructing your saber and guiding your padawan. :p

Sethski
02-24-2008, 03:32 PM
Hi to you too - and welcome!

Dandura
02-24-2008, 09:55 PM
we all love to tinker here, so you will be most welcome! I also play the guitar a bit, once I get better I want to build one as well.

Barmic Rin
02-25-2008, 01:20 PM
welcome, you won't find a better, if occasionally "crabby" resource! good luck on constructing your saber and guiding your padawan. :p

If you keep the coffee coming, we're less crabby!

Welcome Tayjus!