PDA

View Full Version : If anyone has seen or been in contact with Pipster79 can they tell him to refund me??

Tekka
02-21-2008, 10:32 PM
The guy has repeatedly told me that he sent my speakers out and every single time he made up some excuse about something going wrong at the post office. Its been over 3 months since Thanksgiving and my speakers have not arrived yet. I have sent him many emails but havent gotten a reply since mid January. I tried to file a case with Paypal but it been way past the 45 day deadline...

If anyone seen him can you tell him to please just give me back the money so i can just get the speakers from somewhere else? shoulda just bought it from Tim but that 1.5 watt speakers he talk about sounded too tempting... now regrets

thx

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
02-22-2008, 09:14 PM
I feel your pain. I got burned a few months ago in a similar way by someone else. Not much you can do but live and learn.

Darth_DevilGuy
02-22-2008, 10:17 PM
that sucks, how much were they?

Malaki Skywalker
02-23-2008, 05:42 AM
Most likely why he hasn't been around since last year? :confused:

ArkaiHalon
02-23-2008, 06:48 AM
I suggest you contact paypal again.
sorry you got burned.

vortextwist
02-23-2008, 07:22 AM
he seemed like he was a little theif. Sorry you got hosed man, try contacting paypal for the refund.

Tekka
02-28-2008, 01:22 AM
i contacted paypal and they said it was too late since it was past the 45 day deadline. damn it $13 gone... shoulda just bought form here

Lord Mryadace
02-28-2008, 11:03 AM
sorry you got jacked...

The darkside must have clouded your mind...

Next time use the force...Use the Custom Saber Shop...lol

sekrogue1985
02-28-2008, 01:06 PM
yeah you got robbed cause i know about the post office trust me he never sent it jacked your money. That and compared to the paste the USPS is a **** tone better than it used to be.

Do-Clo
02-28-2008, 03:27 PM
i contacted paypal and they said it was too late since it was past the 45 day deadline. damn it $13 gone... shoulda just bought form here

At least this lesson didn't cost you a lot of money, so consider yourself fortunate. Most life lessons cost a whole lot more than this.;-)

Tekka
02-29-2008, 09:31 AM
On the positive side of things, i was talking to someone about how to get paypal to pay up when he asked me what i had bought, when i told him it was a speaker for my saber he said he had a cousin in the east cost that was into this stuff. So he calls his cousin and asked if he could help me out and his cousin said he would mail me 2 free speakers cuz he felt bad for me. a 1 W and a 1.5 watt speaker SCORE!

How long does it take to mail a small letter envelope from New Jersey to Los Angeles?

ArkaiHalon
02-29-2008, 09:34 AM
snail mail generally takes 3-5 days.

Nice to know that some people out there have good hearts.

Make sure to send him a thank you card.

strengthofrage
02-29-2008, 10:07 AM
Agreed, that was mighty cool of him. A nice thank you card would prolly be equally as cool.

Lord Mryadace
02-29-2008, 11:27 AM
this is very true, at least you didn't send your saber to him to convert for you or something... that would have really sucked...

987654321a
03-01-2008, 09:01 PM
Like Do-Clo said, this wasnt too big and is not that bad.

I lost $400 dollars in a transaction a while ago so.....

Drichar Deis
03-02-2008, 04:43 AM
Like Do-Clo said, this wasnt too big and is not that bad.

I lost $400 dollars in a transaction a while ago so.....

oooooooh!!!! OUCH!

DARTH KALEL
04-08-2008, 11:04 AM
No doubt but at least we know now if we run into it, but Do-Clo is right, cheap life lesson.

DARTH KALEL
04-08-2008, 11:07 AM
and good luck man, just remember the kindness and evil in your future dealings. I for one am all about helping each other out, it makes the whole experience great and lets you get a real feel for your fellow nerds, lol

Novastar
04-08-2008, 06:43 PM
To Do-Clo, you listen... :)

sfer1
04-08-2008, 09:11 PM
There should be a blacklist of bad sellers here.

A guy who's registered on the FX-Sabers forum as 5postboy tried to scam me for $255 not long ago.

I ordered a Mara Jade lightsaber from him last February. The item was supposedly in stock. Almost two weeks passed since payment was made and he still hadn't shipped the saber. And even worse, I could tell he wasn't in any hurry to keep his end of the deal. Tired of hearing excuses, I asked him to refund me my money on March 10. He said he would do it, but he didn't. I emailed him again to ask him why he didn't refund me. He answered that he couldn't refund me from his account because he was experiencing technical issues and that he asked a friend to send me $5 instead. WTF?!

I had to file a claim with PayPal to get my money back. Luckily, they ruled in my favor and recovered my funds from this crook.

A few days after I filed the claim, I received an email from him saying completely different things than what he had originally said. Originally, he had told me: "These (props) are made fresh from my machine shop. They are quality controlled and inspected before shipping by me." And this was the reason he had given me for not shipping the item: "I have been held up at work and the PO here closes early." Later, he called himself M.A.D. Studio and talked about an overseas factory deceiving him. He was lying in either one of these situations.

This is the guy:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmadstudios!

Avoid him like the plague.

Dark Helmet
04-08-2008, 10:43 PM
sfer, that would be a good idea except for this, one of the best builders here was mistaken for another "lesser" person... the sale went fine but a friend of the buyer sent the funniest email ever to him, you may have seen it, but if not, Do-Clo was being accused of shoddy work, and one look at his sabers can easily tell you otherwise. This became a frenzy among those of us who have much respect for him. this is where a "nefarious seller" list can be a bad idea... mistaking identities, poorly designed requests, unclear requests for custom options can be easily called "bad work" when the buyer failed to state what was really wanted......while, this was not the case with Do-Clo, (he was obviously mistaken) and I myself plan on having some work done by him, anything written about another person for ANY reason could hurt both parties reputations... getting the wrong name will get a person "blacklisted" from buying anything.....or even getting advice from anyone.

EDIT: this is the moron in question, this "barely certified" idiot who dared step up to a master builder...http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=4361

Barmic Rin
04-09-2008, 03:18 AM
Jonitus was another that got slated by some scum bag. That hit him hard. Atleast he's back to doing what he's good at now, but it wasn't a good time for him.

I say no to the black list.

People are entitled to their opinion, but don't slag off a guy because the saber he built to your spec doesn't come out as you saw it in your head! It hurts having your craftmanship questioned.

Instead of a blacklist, try resolving peacefully, if not, then inform people on here in a civilized way.

Hasid Lafre
04-09-2008, 05:36 AM
Sfer1 You prolly should tell the people on fxsabers about your bad dealing with him.

acerocket
04-09-2008, 07:18 AM
If this is the same 5postboy from the RPF, then he has had his junkyard (selling) rights stripped for several bad transactions.

A blacklist is not a good idea. All it takes is one unhappy buyer to ruin a seller's business. I like review sections because they give everyone a chance to see what people think of a seller's products. In Do-Clo's case, it's easy to see he has dozens of favorable reviews. Then one guy comes along and demands he close his doors because he has a freind who does not like his saber.

Barmic Rin
04-09-2008, 08:23 AM
Ace, you mean his IMAGINARY friend!

"A guy I know hates you, so i'm gonna bitch about you via email" is not a real argument that could stand up in any court I know of.

sfer1
04-09-2008, 09:03 AM
In most cases, I think we can tell if the customer is rightfully complaining or not.

Was there any doubt the "barely certified" idiot was talking trash about Do-Clo? I'm sure no one here took his allegations seriously. He didn't ruin Do-Clo's business. He just made a fool out of himself.

Barmic Rin
04-09-2008, 09:10 AM
And making fools is what we do best.....