PDA

View Full Version : Another newbie saying hi

-Timber
02-20-2008, 01:58 PM
Hi everyone. I've recently gotten the bug to build my own saber, but my fabrication skills are severely lacking so I'll probably stick to a MHS saber for starters to see if I can actually wire it up myself or not.

I'm just amazed at some good of the people on here at making blades out of hardware parts and other odds and ends. I wish I had a quarter of their skill.

Anyway I just thought I'd say hi. Hopefully I won't clog up the boards with too many dumb questions on how to do stuff. ;)

jpbeck
02-20-2008, 02:40 PM
Yea, I agree some of these guys are amazing. My buddy Maul's saber is one of the nicest I've seen around.

As far as the ectronics goes-- just grab a soldering iron and start practicing on scraps. It's not rocket science. Wiring up Tim's LED Kits are a snap. I thought wiring up a puck would be difficult-- but when I got it, I noticed it's marked-- +LED, -LED idiot proof.
:)
Learn the search feature or just do like I did, start on the LED wiring section and go through all the threads. Sometimes poeple post "need help" in the subject line and without opening it you'll never know if it is useful info.

Good Luck with your projects-- and keep us in the loop via pictures.

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
02-20-2008, 06:41 PM
Welcome to the most addictive hobby on this planet or any other! These are good people, and are willing to help you figure stuff out if you need. Do yourself a favor and read as much as you can. Most of what you need to know is there to be found.

TorLinWaDur
02-20-2008, 06:52 PM
Hello :)

welcome to the forum

Darth_DevilGuy
02-21-2008, 12:48 AM
welcome!:p

MaverickJsmith
02-21-2008, 09:51 PM
Hey there, welcome 8)

If you need help with a design, let me know. I'll whip up whatever you come up with into 3D. There's nothing like seeing your creation before its born.

Welcome to the forums :D

Sethski
02-22-2008, 02:23 PM
A warm welcome from me too. Lots of knowledge and helpful peeps and lovely lightsabers here - enjoy!