PDA

View Full Version : K2 + Corbin's driver = ?

strengthofrage
02-20-2008, 11:54 AM
Hey guys,

How well would Corbin's driver run a green K2? I find myself with an extra MOM Corbin's driver and I figured I would put it in my first saber (green K2, buckpuck & Hasbro)...

strengthofrage
02-21-2008, 06:46 AM
I know the LuxxIII royal blue I was using with it wanted 1000ma, the green K2 wants 1500ma... I do not have a tester but I am sure I heard somewhere that the CF is the only board so far that will max out a K2... Anyone know how close Corbin's driver will get?

*Sorry for the re-post, just hoping someone catches this thread and can lend a hand :)

Lord Maul
02-21-2008, 11:15 AM
Corbin's board puts out 1000mA. That means it will be giving the K2 2/3 of its desired current.

strengthofrage
02-21-2008, 11:17 AM
Thanks Maul, thats what I was lookin for :)

Novastar
02-21-2008, 08:59 PM
I hate to be so negative, but...

THIS KIND OF QUESTION HAS BEEN ANSWERED LITERALLY DOZENS OF TIMES!

For the last time:

* the current is the current is the current is the current
* give the LED "what it wants" for current--usually denoted by max. cont. current on specifications.
* all drivers are created equal in the sense that--whatever current they "spit out"... that is what they give, and any LED that is "happy" and bright around there WILL BE JUST FINE! It doesn't matter if it's a "Vulcan 9000 LED" that is made 10 years from now. If it wants 1A, and you have a driver GIVING it 1A... they will be compatible.

It's just a matching game, really. Match LED fwd voltage 1A with a driver that spits 1A. Match LED fwd voltage 1.5A with a driver that spits 1.5A. Simple.

Besides... in some cases... you won't even NOTICE the difference between 1A and 1.5A. At least not visually. And not when the blade is there, diffuser, tip, etc.

Hasid Lafre
02-23-2008, 02:26 AM
YEah but nova he dident know for sure that corbins board only put out 1A.

strengthofrage
02-23-2008, 05:55 AM
Thanks for the input Nova, I do try to read all of your posts (Xwing's too)... but for this one Hasid is right, I just didn't know what Corbin's board put out. It doesn't say in the specs and I have only used it once. I knew that the K2 wanted 1500ma and the LuxIII RB wanted 1000ma. I just wanted to know how much I would be 'under' driving the K2 by swapping :)

"whatever current they "spit out"... that is what they give" - That was the info that I wanted to know and Maul answered by telling me the Corbin driver will give 1000ma.

I am all set with the info, the K2 right now is driven by a 1000ma buckpuck so really there will be no change. I was trying to decide whether to pair up 2 700ma buckpucks or just use the spare driver.

Hasid Lafre
02-23-2008, 06:22 AM
or you can get another 1000mah puck and drive the k2 at 2K mah