PDA

View Full Version : MHS and Sink Tube

thejedilestat
02-18-2008, 01:07 AM
will the sinktube sold in the shop slide over the MHS parts?

im not verry good with math or mesureing so ya i have no clue

Hasid Lafre
02-18-2008, 03:01 AM
the 1.5" sinktube will go over mhs, the 1.25" sinktube will go in mhs(sans the ribbed and vgrooved sections) .

thejedilestat
02-18-2008, 03:29 AM
thank you Hasid Lafre that is good to know im planing to build a quinlan-vos saber with MHS parts

Hasid Lafre
02-18-2008, 07:05 AM
Darth dan on here made one and it turned out pritty sweet.

thejedilestat
02-18-2008, 03:53 PM
that only fills me with joy

now i just need to figure out where to get the red switch from the black one is going to be the on switch... unless i can find a MR Maul switch:cool:

Barmic Rin
02-20-2008, 01:12 PM
Didn't Do-Clo use MHS for one of the Vos' he sold?

Lestat, don't forget progress pics.

(Cool name by the way. Really should get back to my Anne Rice books)

thejedilestat
02-20-2008, 03:37 PM
thank you Barmic Rin i will get pix up in time

at the moment im just trying to get the sinktube cutouts rite im sur its not going to look as cool as the parks QV Duce but i wanna get it as close as i can

i have a maul but im not going to take that apart just for the switch no way

i just finshed Tale of the body thife 4 nites ago and i am now working on blode canticle witch i stoped reading so i could finsh body thife

im also thinking about geting the quick change LED so i can have a green and red Blade speaking about a blade i want a 3/4 but i dont know witch film to get i know im going to sand the blade down but i just dont know what film would be the best:confused:

Barmic Rin
02-20-2008, 03:57 PM
Well, definitely go for the quick change. I picked up a MHS saber from a fellow Brit & he'd never got around to building it, so I added the quick change with my Amber LED & will adapt my Inquisitor hilt (see in the gallery) to be a quick change too!

I'd use the Blade screw as the Vos button, & hide the actual button in the groove somewhere.

Picked up afew of my Anne Rice books about a year ago, but still nowhere near getting through my pile of unreads to where they are!

I personally like the Corbin Battle blade for Green sabers, & i'd do it as a 1" not 3/4". That's just my 2 cents though!

Hasid Lafre
02-21-2008, 12:41 AM
Yeah 1" blades light up easyer than 3/4, But myself bersionally I would get the tcss battle blade and get a roll of cellophayne(about 4 foot wide and as long as your blade) and put that in there.

I had a blade like that and I really liked it.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb168/Sidneyious/Lightsaber%20Pics/TCSSstyleBladewithPolyPinlitroomnof.jpg

thejedilestat
02-21-2008, 03:50 AM
well i can get the red knob frim parks and make that the set screw

Anne Rice books:D
Interview with the Vampire
The Vampire Lestat(first book i ever really loved)
Queen of the damned
tail of the body thief(just finshed)
memnoch the devil
the vampire Armond
blood and gold

well ok so i will go with a 1in blade... this may sound stupid but what are the benfits of useing a lux driver? i know u dont kneed one or so some blueprints i have seen say

Hasid Lafre where would i get the cellophayne from? and also could u show me how to wire a saber with the acent leds like in the pic i really really wanna do that it makes the saber look more alive more 3D:cool:

Hasid Lafre
02-21-2008, 06:13 AM
well that saber used a latching corbin driver an a Master Replica sound board and I wired the accent led to the sound board sence the led was powered by the corbin driver instead of the mr board as I was using the mr board for sound only.

you can get teh cellophane at most craft stores

thejedilestat
02-21-2008, 10:47 PM
well i was going to try to pick up the cellophane but my Daughters Birth Day is monday so all plans are on hold for now:(