PDA

View Full Version : C-Clip, Help

Roshen
02-17-2008, 11:11 PM
Well, I have no idea how to install the C-Clip for the pommel insert. Oooo and when drilling a hole in any of the MHS parts do i need oil? for heat reduction? Thank you for your time.

Brian

PS. I cant search for anything under 4 letters. making impossible to search for 90 percent of the products on this board :)

Lord Maul
02-17-2008, 11:16 PM
I used a screwdriver or two to lever my C-Clip into the pommel.

You don't need oil for drilling into MHS pieces unless you are using a large bit (3/8" for the recharge port).

X
02-17-2008, 11:18 PM
C-clip you have two choices that i know of, one is if you have a clip tool that they sell in hardware stores, or needle nose pliers. as for the hole I don't but someone will say you do, it aluminum is very soft.

Yeah doesn't that suck about the search.

Roshen
02-17-2008, 11:25 PM
thank you for the fast reply, *runs to find neddle nose pliers* w00t! lol yeah every time i put in mhs or c for c clip or anything else it would come back with the error lol :)

Mi Gin Gonn
02-18-2008, 07:10 AM
what the hell is a "c-clip" anyway? a friend of mine once had one on his, eh, nevermind. eh, it rhymes wih "sock" heh heh, "c-clip"...sound like some kind of new birth control device.

Hasid Lafre
02-18-2008, 07:16 AM
Ya know that reminds me of a bet a friend of mine did. He was payed like 5$ to put icy hot on the berrys under the twig. the ran to the bathroom to use water to wash it off.

Water dosent wash off icy hot.

Arm on Fire
02-18-2008, 08:12 AM
there are actual c-clip pliers availible at most hardware or autopart stores, they are usually called snap ring pliers or retaining ring pliers ,and they sometimes come it sets for inside c-clips and for outside c-clips.

as for drilling aluminum the best thing to use is kerosene, but if you dont have any WD-40 works good to.. good luck.

Hasid Lafre
02-18-2008, 08:20 AM
Alwase make a small piolet hole and before you drill use a center punch to make the inital mark to keep the bit from walking. and using an eye level(your eye that you see with) to make sure its pritty straight up and down and straight with the hilt.

Its best to have a extra person for this but when you go thru the work to keep the hole nice and straight the end result will be fan tastic.