PDA

View Full Version : switch question...

barjedi
02-17-2008, 02:11 PM
i was looking for a switch that could be used for a 3w lux set up with no sound. (later i would like to add sound but that is another matter)
i am using the main tube from a darth maul without the emitter. my issue is this, i need a switch that will blend into the over all design of the hilt... think of it this way, it's basically a maul hilt and i don't want a big black plastic switch hanging out of it. ruining the over all look of the blade, i am planning on using the hole where the maul twisty switch (for lack of a better term) used to be. i guess i am looking for something low profile and looks like it "belongs" on the saber... amy hfelp would be great!

***PART TWO***
is there a way to rig a momentary switch such that it functions as a latching switch?

xwingband
02-17-2008, 03:07 PM
The normal one sold here works perfectly in the hole. I'd just throw the old Maul cap on top and it's fine. Not sure that's what you'd prefer though. The problem with latching is that they're rather limited in style while being smile.

Requesting a catalog would really help. I do it a lot to just get an idea.

Jedi-Loreen
02-18-2008, 11:36 AM
The problem with latching is that they're rather limited in style while being smile.

Interesting typo, Mike. :p

xwingband
02-18-2008, 12:24 PM
Interesting typo, Mike. :p

That really is... guess it was a good weekend!

jpbeck
02-18-2008, 12:32 PM
I just installed a red switch and I don't think it looks all that out of place. What do you think?
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s176/jpbeck1/IMG_0880_edited.jpg

Malaki Skywalker
02-18-2008, 12:35 PM
It surprisingly suits it :grin:

TorLinWaDur
02-18-2008, 12:43 PM
I just installed a red switch and I don't think it looks all that out of place. What do you think?
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s176/jpbeck1/IMG_0880_edited.jpg

wow! actually it looks cooler. no turning knob business.

barjedi
02-18-2008, 01:11 PM
it does look pretty cool jp (nice to see you over here too)...
that's tawken care of, the red one looks pretty cool!!!
the really big issue... how about getting it to not turn off while spinning. i like the recessed switch that ultra uses however do not know where to find one...

jpbeck
02-18-2008, 01:35 PM
That is a major issue/ problem--