PDA

View Full Version : JP's Hello

jpbeck
02-16-2008, 11:14 PM
Hey guys long time lurker-- I've read many, many threads here and I'm just now getting comfortable posting here. I'll be sure to use the search feature before I bother any of you with questions that have been answered time and again.

I started building my first MHS the other day.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s176/jpbeck1/IMG_0883.jpg
I had it all hooked up (sled, switch, and resistor), but when I went to test it... I found that the LED was dead. I checked it against another LED that I had recieved in that same order and it worked fine. So I guess I'll have to wait to get this thing running.

I have another complete MHS on the way. Tim is great guy to do business with, and I'm happy he's around and willing to serve.

I have too many MR FX's and I've converted a few to LUX's. I think I'm done with FX sabers though. I like the MHS system now that I feel comfortable in knowing that I can do better than MR with the help of TCSS and this forum.

Anyways, I just wanted to say hello and thank you guys for allowing me into your home.

TorLinWaDur
02-16-2008, 11:36 PM
Hey there JP.

welcome to the board. nice mhs setup you got there.

Lord Maul
02-17-2008, 10:53 AM
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n187/aluke_2006/Smilies/icon_welcome.gif

Bout time ya posted here JP. What color LED is that MHS saber running?

jpbeck
02-17-2008, 11:46 AM
Nothing right now, but it was going to be amber, but since I got'a place another order I'm thinking cyan...

It's freaken boring over there at FX without you guys.

Thanks for the welcome.

Malaki Skywalker
02-17-2008, 12:06 PM
Welcome to the forum JP :)

Darth_DevilGuy
02-17-2008, 02:25 PM
for a sec there I thought you were saying hello from Japan :p welcome to the forum, I like that design nice and simple.

DaJoQuim
02-17-2008, 06:01 PM
Hi Jp and welcome to the forum!!Great job on the saber so far!!

jpbeck
02-17-2008, 08:06 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm glad to be here, this place seems a lot more "mature" than some of the other saber sites I vistit.

I can't wait to get my next shipment from Tim. The next saber is going to be just as simple as the one above, but I splurged and bought the style 8 blade holder along with another choke. I think those chokes are great. Anyways, it'll have a WHITE K2 with a yellow disk in it. I've read that the yellow transmits well, and that to some it's brighter than the amber.

Speaking of LED's, I've only been able to find a few mentioned threads about bad LED's, have any of you guys had any problems with new LED's being bad right out of the "box"?
Not that I'm all stressed over a $7 part, I'm just currious.

Moordak
02-18-2008, 01:01 PM
Welcome JP from another pretty recent lurker who signed up.

savyas
02-18-2008, 01:09 PM
Anyways, it'll have a WHITE K2 with a yellow disk in it. I've read that the yellow transmits well, and that to some it's brighter than the amber.

You might want to consider a Seoul or Cree P4 (you can find them at dealextreme among other places) - they're brighter than a white K2, need only 1A instead of 1.5A and are a heckuvalot easier to solder.

Otherwise, I love the MHS pictured above.. I had just placed an order for the exact same parts a day or so before I read this post.. though I ordered a style #3 emitter along with the #1 for a sink tube project :)

jpbeck
02-20-2008, 02:41 PM
Maybe next project-- thanks for the heads up though.

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
02-20-2008, 06:43 PM
Welcome! Be sure to keep us posted with the progress of your saber.

Sethski
02-22-2008, 02:21 PM
Lookin good there JP, and nice to see you over here as well ;)