PDA

View Full Version : Fiberoptic Blades

DannMann99
11-07-2005, 11:34 PM
Someone posted something on a different thread of someone selling lightsabers with some type of fiberoptic plastic. Well I have come across 2 things in my search for more info on this topic.
1) a link to an acrylic rod which utilizes fiberoptics
and
2) Snell's Law of fiberoptics

Now I havent seen any pictures of the acrylic rod lit up but I am going to investigate Snell's law further, the downside to the first place i found was that I believe the rod was only for an experiment and that it was 12" long only. I posted this here though because i figured someone else may be able to find more then myself on this topic. I will try to post again soon if i come across anything.

-Dan

RayHayden
12-01-2005, 12:14 AM
I was strolling to the post box today and one of my neighbors has a Santa thing that is plastic tube with a wire in it. I have yet to see it at night when I assume it is on, but today I took a look at it and it looks like EL wire sort of.

It might be... still looking into easier ways to light a blade!

I have EL wire thing going well, the Luxeon Star/O is hot as HE** after a short time, but it is also a snug fit into me saber hilt.

Plus and minus to every solution... if I coud only find a "ladder" for the little led's like MR uses...

Ray Hayden

informalmyx
12-01-2005, 06:13 AM
why not make one i havent seen the inside of one to well but you could probally make one

<center>http://home.earthlink.net/~myxmyth/infomyx.jpg
"Many claim to have found serenity, and through serenity to have overcome anger. Such arrogance is astounding."</center>