PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help me finish this diagram

Dark Navel
02-15-2008, 06:10 PM
Ok...So the only help I need is to connect the recharge port. I saw the Recharge Port thread but I want to make sure I am going to connect this the right way and not fry anything.

I know the wiring scheme looks like a mess, sorry bout that, but if soemone could finish the diagram and show me where to attach the port to the correct wires/boards I would GREATLY appreciate it!
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh290/t1made/soundHasbromodcorbin1.jpg

Novastar
02-16-2008, 05:22 PM
Well, I'm not much on editing graphics, but... I can tell you this:

* The recharge port is essentially a switch
* The + lead of your charge port should match with the + of the battery and the charger...
* The - lead of your charge port should match with the - of the battery and the charger...
* The recharge port should be the VERY first item to "get power" prior to the rest of the components. That means batteries --> port --> EVERYthing else

I highly, highly, highly recommend you make certain to use the "kill switch" portion of the port, which essentially "cuts" one of the leads between the batteries and everything else when you are charging. This prevents the board from getting "bizarre" signals from the charger & batteries.

I hope this helps. I know it's not a graphic... but--basically, just keep the + with the + and the - with the -.

One + to the batts... one to the board...
One - to the batts... one to the board...

Dark Navel
02-17-2008, 06:54 AM
Makes sense. I think the part I was getting stuck on...but now does...is makining sure to hook-up the recharge port before anything else> The following diagram should work then (I think)

Thanks Novastar
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh290/t1made/soundHasbromodcorbin2.jpg

DarthFender
02-17-2008, 10:39 AM
Looks good DN. Are you actually using a slider switch? I just wanted to make sure you are aware that the Corbin diver must be the Momentary design to work with the Hasbro board. You can use a latching switch with that, but I don't recommend it. You have to turn it on then off again really fast, or else the sound/light wing even be close to in sync. Because the Hasbro board will start up when the switch is made, Corbin driver will start up when the switch us unmade. Same for the off sequence. Hasbro will turn off when the switch is made and the Corbin driver will turn off when the contact is broken.

Dark Navel
02-17-2008, 05:46 PM
When I was trying to design the electronics portion I e-mailed Corbin directly and he helped me with the design. The slider switch is a DPDT momentary slider switch. The other is a a reg. momentary push type. Hopefully it won't do what your stating when I hook everything up and turn it on.

amichaels
08-06-2008, 06:51 PM
I was wondering where the image may have gone to originally in this thread. I've read through the entirety of the recharge port wiring tutorial but am still not entirely getting how to wire it up. :confused:

Novastar
08-06-2008, 08:40 PM
http://www.plecterlabs.com/Media/RechargePort.jpg

:)

amichaels
08-06-2008, 10:28 PM
I guess I am just still confused as to where all the wires end up. >_< I'm a very visual person, but I am sure there's some guts views of previously done sabers so I'll take another look through the forums. Thanks Novastar.

Novastar
08-06-2008, 11:39 PM
It doesn't get any clearer than Erv's diagram + photo.

Just DO that shiesse, will ya? :D