PDA

View Full Version : A few questions

LuciousTalvloinne
02-14-2008, 11:20 PM
I just recieved the saber parts for the saberpike that I'm working on. This is not the whole thing. I'm dry fitting the items. But how do you keep the blade from shifting. Do i need to drilll holes into the side of the top part for placement. It doesn't really matter cause once it is fitted I will take the "drain part that is invtered and make the center hole for this so that the blade runs through it.

I know its probably something really simple. Thanks for feedback. Also this will be a red blade.

Ghostbat
02-15-2008, 10:30 AM
Yes, you will need to drill and tap a hole for a hex or thumbscrew to hold the blade rigidly in the holder. Some people use two screws but most people seem to find one quite sufficient.

Darth_DevilGuy
02-15-2008, 10:46 AM
just one question... are you planning to use the giant black thing for an emitter?:shock:

LuciousTalvloinne
02-16-2008, 01:38 AM
To answer your emitter question here is a picture.

Think Forced Unleashed.

Hasid Lafre
02-16-2008, 02:14 AM
Intresting, whats the perposed blade length your gonna use?

Polearms for the win!

LuciousTalvloinne
02-16-2008, 10:51 PM
its a 32 inch blade so after it sits in the emitter it will be 30 inch blade. Cause this is going to be a 8 foot weaspon. So I have to take into consideration Ceilings. Also the on and off button switch is going to be on the second poll after the adaptors. so it will be where i can have my hand at rest on the saberpike to turn it on and off.

Count Malik
02-17-2008, 12:27 AM
Just like a sith cane, gonna be cool!!!

LuciousTalvloinne
02-17-2008, 06:44 PM
Yeah any suggestions I need to have a resessed square in the pvc tube to set the on off switch - would mounting that to a dowl work also?