PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on blade+ luxeon

darth Looth
02-14-2008, 03:58 PM
Hi Guys I'm new to the forum ! Nice to be around and meet like-minded ppl ;)

I'm planing a new LED Saber which I would like to be as bright as it possible can be. What I will be useing it for will be mostly for a display (Have Darth Vader) standing in the corner in my basement.However I would like to be able to use it ,but not for fighting just for display fights no stunts or so.What would you guys recomend me to use?? my criteria are as bright as possible (Red) need advice on both which blade,diffuser,Luxeon LED,I should use ?:?:

thnx in advance
Darth Looth

did I post in correct forum:confused:

Lord Maul
02-14-2008, 04:15 PM
Get a 3W red LED and one of Xwing's blades. That will give you the brightest possible setup.

If you want sound, get a CF or Ultrasound. They are hard to come by, but a new run of CFs will be in stock in March.

Darth_DevilGuy
02-14-2008, 04:37 PM
welcome to the forum! I would suggest a red or red/orange lux III, they drive at about 1500 MA if your going to do a resistor or buckpuck setup, the US and CF boards have specific settings for them.

Count Malik
02-14-2008, 11:36 PM
Yes welcome to the forums. Like they said use red or red orange those only come in Lux. III. If It is a wall saber it depends on how much you will use it and show it off. If you won't that much then don't get sound. If you will a little bit then get a MR sound board with a 3w driver. If you will be using and showing it off alot then get a more decent (but spendy) sound board like they were saying, a Crystal Focus Saber Core or Ultra Sound. They both power the board very good.:cool:

darth Looth
02-15-2008, 03:45 PM
Yes welcome to the forums. Like they said use red or red orange those only come in Lux. III. If It is a wall saber it depends on how much you will use it and show it off. If you won't that much then don't get sound. If you will a little bit then get a MR sound board with a 3w driver. If you will be using and showing it off alot then get a more decent (but spendy) sound board like they were saying, a Crystal Focus Saber Core or Ultra Sound. They both power the board very good.:cool:

Hi all and thnx for you replay, so where do I buy the Xwing's blades? and yes I will use my saber but not that often and as I said before to show of with it sometimes.I will go with CF when/if its avalible in march hopefully.

I do already have 2 3W luxeon LED one white and one Red/orange but not the LuxIII version which I understand are brighter and will therefore buy one of them for this project.

Brgds Darth Looth

Darth_DevilGuy
02-15-2008, 03:56 PM
look around the boards for one of his posts there's a link to his incomsabers sight in his sig.

darth Looth
02-15-2008, 04:15 PM
thnx I will look for it !!!

regards Darth Looth