PDA

View Full Version : crystal focus?

neon the werewolf
02-10-2008, 07:00 PM
Hey i need some help.And just wanting to say if im doing something wrong sorry im a mega noob.
whats a crystal focus saber?
where do you put it in the hilt?
Also dose it really make the light brighter?

TimeRender
02-10-2008, 07:43 PM
The only thing you are doing wrong is posting a question before you have bothered yourself to read anything. The answer to this question appears hundreds of times on the forum. I for one refuse to answer it.

Lord Maul
02-10-2008, 07:48 PM
I agree with Timerender. That question is so broad and has been answered so many times...

Mi Gin Gonn
02-11-2008, 04:49 AM
ok, now everybody place a bar of soap into a small towel and get ready...

Darth_DevilGuy
02-11-2008, 10:46 AM
welcome to the haz... er I mean forum:rolleyes:

seriously though go to the forum about saber sound an browse topics on the CF.

I think we need to make a comprehensive noob guide to point everyone to, maybe BhujangiJedi's wiki idea.

Barmic Rin
02-11-2008, 01:10 PM
ok, now everybody place a bar of soap into a small towel and get ready...

Not Soap. Everybody know's a sack full of oranges is your best bet. Hurts like hell, & doesn't leave any bruises.......

Instead of a 'Wiki', how about the noobs read the stickies!!!!!
Sorry Neon, but the Veterans are just bored answering these questions over and over. We're willing to help, but everyone HAS to read to start of with!! We all did!

Have a look around, and if you still don't get an aspect of it, please ask a specific question.

Cheers!!!

neon the werewolf
02-11-2008, 04:23 PM
okey, sorry people like i said im a mega noob... even to the forum.
but i did try looking first and i dident find enything.but i will look through the forums agen.thanks!

neon the werewolf
02-11-2008, 04:57 PM
oh... so cf is a sound bord. i thought it was some sort of crystal chamber you put between the led and the blade holder.

but then whats up with the Acrylic crystals?:confused

Ghostbat
02-11-2008, 04:57 PM
okey, sorry people like i said im a mega noob... even to the forum.
but i did try looking first and i dident find enything.but i will look through the forums agen.thanks!

My advice is to begin with the Tutorials section. Read just about everything in there and you will have a good starting point to know exactly what questions to ask. Yes there are like 300 something posts in there but even skimming and skipping to the interesting looking bits you will learn quite a lot.

Darth_DevilGuy
02-11-2008, 05:35 PM
yes the Crystal focus is a soundboard, it's also a driver for the various LED's available. A crystal chamber is a space inside the hilt with exterior holes cut to allow an acrylic or other crystal inside to be viewed, and is usually lit by an LED of some sort.

My advice is to skim around and read the basic tutorials first, then when you have a good Idea of how a custom saber is put together, then start asking questions.

Basically the guys here expect you to meet them halfway.

Count Malik
02-11-2008, 05:40 PM
About the crystals they don't make the blade/LED any brighter. You put them in your saber mostly for looks there are not bad depending on your style if you want your saber to really show off your saber you can cut a small section or some small holes and take another LED and get a crystal chamber(see gallary) with a crystal and make a crystal chamber. But its kinda up to your likeing. And before asking a question you don't know look around alittle bit might also find some other questions you will need. And hey welcome to the forums!

neon the werewolf
02-11-2008, 06:31 PM
yeah i have already made my basic custome saber. this is why im asking questions.

so the crystal chamber dosent have enything to do with the led or makeing it brighter?

thanks agen guys.

neon the werewolf
02-11-2008, 06:36 PM
oppse i replyed to late. thanks count.that ansered a lot of questions.:D

Count Malik
02-11-2008, 06:41 PM
No problem. When you thinkin about making a saber?

Count Malik
02-11-2008, 06:44 PM
I mean when are you thinking about makink another saber? Sorry

Darth_DevilGuy
02-11-2008, 06:47 PM
yeah the crystal chamber has nothing to do with the blade, the crystal focus is an electronic board that will driver pretty much everything on your saber, it costs about $160, have you set up a basic wiring set in your hilt yet or is it just the hilt itself that you've built.

neon the werewolf
02-11-2008, 06:53 PM
i think i'll build one after i got the first one just the way i want it.
its just kinda tuff because i dount really know all that much about the drivers and soundbords.:sad:but my saber can at least light up so for now im happy!:D

sekrogue1985
02-11-2008, 08:40 PM
"did you bother looking at the manual" direct from an email sent to me by erv. Though not relating to this issue but rather issues with the sound stuff hahahaha. I was a idiot in that case

neon the werewolf
02-11-2008, 08:57 PM
nope. how do you get to it?

Count Malik
02-12-2008, 07:21 PM
Just go to www.plecterlabs.com then go into the actual website, off to the left you will see documentation click that then go down and you will see CF users manual. Then click on that and you will have your users manual.

neon the werewolf
02-18-2008, 09:03 PM
ok thanks agen bye.:D