PDA

View Full Version : Store Wish List "Helper" idea??

Novastar
02-08-2008, 03:05 AM
Anyone think that making an on-going, running "poll" with wish list ideas should be made?

The following problems/maintenance/concerns would have to be taken into consideration:

* Someone would have to manage the poll a little bit
* "Duplicate" or close-to-identical ideas would be grouped into one poll choice as applicable
* Tim and/or whomever he wants to ask decides which posted ideas "make it into" the poll and which need further development or which are simply ineffective, not possible, not practical, etc.
* Naturally once an idea (that made it into the poll) was completed in some way shape or form... it would be removed from the poll to allow the other ideas into the foreground

What's wrong with the original wish list thread? Nothing. So why do THIS thread then?

* Ideas that are already in the midst... will be quick-to-view
* Viewing all the current brainstorming all at once, in one easy-to-view poll... might insight even more interesting ideas!
* Less repeat ideas and/or less of the "pretty close" puh-tato/pah-tahto ideas
* People can vote! Tim can see which ideas look to be the "most wanted". It is possible items that were initially thought to be sketchy might end up the ones people want to see.
* Maybe some kind of neat reward/small prize for anyone with the latest "winning" idea? Nothing fancy, just a CF. Totally kidding. You know, an LED or something.

What say you, Tim? :)
What say you TCSS folks? X? Erv? Eandori? Corbin?

strengthofrage
02-08-2008, 06:33 AM
That is a good idea Nova. There are plenty of good ideas on the wish list that get brought up and then lost only to be repeated by someone else a month or so later.

A good point, Nova makes. To him we listen! :)

Novastar
02-26-2008, 05:36 PM
Thanks, STR of RRRRR!.... :)

Anyone else? I really do believe this will make the wish list work a lot better. Would still love to hear from X or Tim on this...

vortextwist
02-26-2008, 06:47 PM
ya becouse there are/were so many Ideas floating around that you don't know what happend to them.

Novastar
03-13-2008, 11:13 PM
Just wondering if anyone else thinks this idea is useful... if not, no worries, just checking... :)

BhujangiJedi
03-14-2008, 12:24 PM
I definitely think it would be a good idea - anything to make it easier for Tim to know what new things would have a high demand. Would have to hope that poll results correspond reasonably to spending habits, though.

xl97
03-14-2008, 02:01 PM
I too think a poll is a good idea.. if there was every a question on what parts Tim shoudl focus on.. he can just look to see what in demand.. :)

plus everyones 'choice' will be recorded..and not lost to new posts as mentioned.

Novastar
03-15-2008, 02:33 AM
Ok, good to know I'm not... like.... high, or something. lol

I think one big issue would be the management of the poll, but... I mean REALLY. How often is Tim able to just "pump out" new parts? If he were making brand new ones every bloody DAY, then management of the thread/poll would suck some serious donkey shlong.

But... seeing as custom-machined parts don't exactly magically appear out of whole cloth before ones eyes--I don't see this as a problem.

I'll pitch it to Tim again, although he's either swamped with work or not receiving my messages...