PDA

View Full Version : Switch wiring question

djobitwan7
02-05-2008, 08:23 AM
I was looking into ideas and made inquiries all over about design with what would work or not. I came upon a switch that Das Corbin gave a link to me. The switch itself is called "Anti Vandal Switch". This is the link to it. http://www.bulgin.co.uk/Products/Switches/Illuminated.html

The one I liked was the MPI002. Here in the shop they sell the SPST switch for a push on/off. This one seems different. It says S.P. push to make, tactile. Is this a completely different setup to wire it? I'm only asking so I should actually buy this or not.

My aim was for something different and this type of switch was from another saber someone made here (I believe).

Since I want to build a saber someday, I believe I have to have mine custom machined. Mine will be longer than 7". Bad part is, I'm also terrible at drawing things. I figure I can buy parts and ask humbly for someone with much knowledge and time to make it for me, but I figure I could ask questions and try to make a basic saber in the meantime, so I can understand the process a little better.

If anyone knows of someone available to do a project that would be appreciated. I imagine parts will be from here and there and this site I loved since coming here awhile back. Here is what I want installed for anyone involved in it:

1. Obi-wan EPI pommel.
2. Want to show off crystal in some kind of metal chamber in the middle, but so that wires can pass through for obvious reason.
3. Rechargable battery pack.
4. Rumbling force feedback
5. Crystal Focus Saber Core V.3.0 ( when it's back in stock)
6. Lastly, I'd like the pieces to come together without using a ton of nuts and bolts. I can imagine most if not all can be threaded together except for holding the blade, in which I thought a set screw could be used and then use a rubber plug, so even that screw will not show either.

Well, bombard me with ideas and thanks for all the feedback from before. I am making a 3rd sketch of what I want it to look like and it gets simpler all the time. Thanks guys.

Ghostbat
02-05-2008, 11:38 AM
"Push to make" denotes that this is a momentary switch normally off, on while it is being pushed. This would work as-is in a Hasbro CF or momentary Corbin board. A MR board needs a latching switch so you would need other electronics in between to convert the momentary pulse to a stable on or off state (Anyone remember the chip that does this pretty much as is?).

The diagrams they provide are a bit vague so I don't know if the illumination has it's own ground or shares the switches ground, which would make a difference in how easy it would be to get it to illuminate I think.