PDA

View Full Version : I've gotta question

shaas0927
02-01-2008, 04:38 PM
Has anyone ever tried to solder a sink tube overlay to the mhs parts. I would like to use an overlay without having to screw it to the mhs parts.

Lord Maul
02-01-2008, 04:54 PM
Solder wouldn't hold it. You could glue it to the MHS. What's wrong with a button head or two?

Darth_DevilGuy
02-01-2008, 04:55 PM
it could work but you'd likely end up seeing the solder points, and it wouldn't be good for dueling, a solder is like a weld without the strength, a more durable and probably easier solution would be to use some sort of epoxy to glue it together.

edit: and maul beats me to it:rolleyes:

sekrogue1985
02-01-2008, 06:18 PM
gorilla glue. THat is what i use. It works on wood, stone, metal, ceramic, and more. I've yet to test the more part but wonder if it is anything like...yeah American Pie 2 scene is in my head for that. Anywho that Gorilla Glue. :p

Mi Gin Gonn
02-03-2008, 05:24 AM
..yeah American Pie 2 scene is in my head for that.
heh-heh...any time i see a redheaded girl who even remotely looks like alyson hannigan i have to say aloud, "this one time at band camp..."

Kamurah
02-03-2008, 12:37 PM
JB Weld would probably work good for an application like that.

I have used it on my Mara Jade to hold both the activation box and a strip of aluminum at the emitter in place.

Both of those pieces are high-contact and could be easily dislodged if they were not securely fastened.

JB Weld holds like a champ, and can be sanded and painted if needed.

Cheers

shaas0927
02-06-2008, 09:06 PM
Thanks guys.
I'm trying to make a hilt that has a kind of organic feel to it. In stead of a hilt that looks like it began its life as something else then got adapted to being a lightsaber

Again thanks for the pointers