PDA

View Full Version : Any Ultrasound news?

strengthofrage
01-31-2008, 06:51 AM
I was wondering if anyone has heard any recent news/info about the Ultrtasound board. I remember reading that February was a possibility... Anyone hear anything lately?

Darth_DevilGuy
01-31-2008, 10:05 AM
yeah no announcements on their fx boards, I'd really like to get my hands on one of those.

sekrogue1985
01-31-2008, 12:59 PM
last thing i heard was something about dealing with the ultrasounds that were to go into the bane half of them were bad and or something like that. So maybe that is why the boards have not been out. Honestly idk i've combed the their forums and what not not nothing has come up. Also they seem to very very slow in dealing with lots of stuff. anywho that is all i know.

I really want to get one of those boards to compare them to the MR and CF but i think I know the out come lol but yeah

vortextwist
01-31-2008, 02:18 PM
you can try here but nothing solid.
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=9767.105

just get a CF and be done with it.

Darth_DevilGuy
01-31-2008, 02:20 PM
how much did the ultrasabers boards go for anyway?

vortextwist
01-31-2008, 02:42 PM
79.00. but that don't mean they will be this time around, if there even will be any, the only good thing about the US was it was small.

strengthofrage
01-31-2008, 02:46 PM
I am planning on a CF or two when they are available Vortex but I am still interested in the Ultra board. If the price is similar to what it was before then I would rather pay that than $100 or so to gut an MR. I will not be able to put CF boards in all the sabers I make so another option is good. I cant seem to find a decent deal on an MR to destroy.

Darth_DevilGuy
01-31-2008, 02:51 PM
the way the dollar is going I don't think I'll be able to lay hands on a CF, taking into account that a corbin +ultrasound would cost $120 and last I heard the CF was going to be something like 200 euros, just way too much for me.

sar-oi
01-31-2008, 03:34 PM
Yeah but for some reason a saber just HAS to have sound to do it for me. It just ain't the same without it. Find myself "vvrhooming" and "zzzrhinging" myself otherwise - not pretty! :)

Luar Selbor
01-31-2008, 03:51 PM
Has Erv ever considered of making a more simple sound board. He would make a killing with something like that, more than the CF. Just a sound board like ultras. I would love to have the CF but it is pretty expensive. If he made something like that I would buy it.

xwingband
01-31-2008, 03:54 PM
the way the dollar is going I don't think I'll be able to lay hands on a CF, taking into account that a corbin +ultrasound would cost $120 and last I heard the CF was going to be something like 200 euros, just way too much for me.

You don't need anything else with the ultrasound... like the CF it handles the LED too. Corbin + Ultrasound is redundant.

That CF price was if it was made in bulk. Erv knew that was unreasonable and is back to hand making them. It will be 100 euros still. That's $160... twice the price but more than twice the satisfaction IMO.

sar-oi
01-31-2008, 03:56 PM
This might sound really thick but Hey, I'm a newcomer!
Who is Erv and what is a CP (given I might have the cash if it delivers?)

Er Dan Gill
01-31-2008, 04:01 PM

Good place to answer your question is right here:
http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=2227

xwingband
01-31-2008, 04:12 PM

To add to the above... he runs plecterlabs.com. As a Brit it should be nicer for you. The pound is still really high so you'd probably pay something like 80 pounds.

Darth_DevilGuy
01-31-2008, 04:45 PM
yeah you'll get a better deal than us over in the US >< also didn't know that the ultrasound handled the LED too, that makes it even more desirable to me, honestly I don't mind paying for good stuff, but my cost of living is insane, living in the San Fransisco area is expensive :(

Hasid Lafre
01-31-2008, 04:50 PM
I wouldent buy an US, Not to big on twin layered boards.

I would use an mr board before a US. The DIY one my bro got I dident like how it sounded in any way, but the one that yoda had reworked for his graflexs turned out pritty decent but still not enought to impress me. The only thing the US has that impresses me is the voice menu and that it can handel any led. But for 80$ it should have much better sound to it. So I will spend the extra 80$ to get the customizability that CF offers.

Lord Maul
01-31-2008, 04:53 PM
What's wrong with twin layered boards Hasid? They allow it to be smaller. I LIKE them. I think you're just anti Ultrasound...

Er Dan Gill
01-31-2008, 04:57 PM
The only problem I have with the Ultra Sounds is the pulsing mode makes me sick. Other than that not a bad "toy".

DarthFender
01-31-2008, 04:59 PM
You don't need anything else with the ultrasound... like the CF it handles the LED too. Corbin + Ultrasound is redundant.

That CF price was if it was made in bulk. Erv knew that was unreasonable and is back to hand making them. It will be 100 euros still. That's $160... twice the price but more than twice the satisfaction IMO.

Actually, the current price for CF 3.0 as listed on Erv's website is 110 Euros, but the us price is $161 and some change. Erv is giving us a good exchange rate compared to today's exchange.

Hasid Lafre
01-31-2008, 05:06 PM
What's wrong with twin layered boards Hasid? They allow it to be smaller. I LIKE them. I think you're just anti Ultrasound...

No I just dont like things that I dont like.

Why should I pay 80$ that allows me to have any led but the sounds sound like crap. I could get 2 mr boards for that and have better sounds.

Call me anti ultrasound or whatever but I dident like how the sounds were and feel that its not worth 80$.

DarthFender
01-31-2008, 05:09 PM
No I just dont like things that I dont like.

Why should I pay 80$ that allows me to have any led but the sounds sound like crap. I could get 2 mr boards for that and have better sounds.

Call me anti ultrasound or whatever but I dident like how the sounds were and feel that its not worth 80$.

If you can find an MR Board for $40........... I'll Eat my hat.

EDIT: Changed comment out of respect for Tim's shop.

Hasid Lafre
01-31-2008, 05:12 PM
I bought mine for 40$(sold it thou), found a couple on ebay that my brother got a while back for less than 40$(shipped). Its just that sence the SW side of MR went goodbuy you cant fine many for that anymore. everynow and then your luckey to find a compleat(broken) mr saber for about 60$ shiped.

Just got to look at the right time and you will find it. I could go on and on but will just leave my point there.

Ghostbat
01-31-2008, 05:35 PM
If you can find an MR Board for $40........... I'll Eat my hat.

Just got to look at the right time and you will find it. I could go on and on but will just leave my point there.

Yeah you can do it if you look for abused sabers on ebay. Most of the time all the damage is in the blade or cosmetic so the board is fine, even ones that are listed as having no sound may only have a broken wire.

That being said $80 is a better estimate unless you are willing to be patient and diligent in your hunt.

Lord Maul
01-31-2008, 05:45 PM
I bought mine for 40$(sold it thou), found a couple on ebay that my brother got a while back for less than 40$(shipped). Its just that sence the SW side of MR went goodbuy you cant fine many for that anymore. everynow and then your luckey to find a compleat(broken) mr saber for about 60$ shiped.

Looks like you've got something against spell check as well as Ultrasound :roll:

Hasid Lafre
01-31-2008, 05:48 PM
Sorry for a seccond there thought you were loreen.

Lord Maul
01-31-2008, 05:49 PM
You insult me while still spelling wrong. :roll:

Is it really a crime to ask people to type legibly? Honestly man, get Firefox, and the spell check is built in.

Hasid Lafre
01-31-2008, 05:52 PM
I dont like foxfire cause it wont let me save things to where I want them to, and it saves stuff to a file that is impossible to find. Will stick with IE. It hasn't failed me.

Darth_DevilGuy
01-31-2008, 05:53 PM
dude's no need for a flame war.

Lord Maul
01-31-2008, 05:54 PM
You spell the browser name wrong. That's classic. Try typing your posts in Word before posting them.

Then just hit ctrl+A, ctrl+C(or X if you prefer), go into the post window, and hit ctrl+V

That simple.

Angelus Lupus
01-31-2008, 06:39 PM
Spell check is built in with Opera, too. Just one of the many reasons I like it.

vortextwist
01-31-2008, 06:47 PM
Boy this thread derailed a bit. This isn't grade school. No I was not happy with the US, but I would still get 2. Becouse of space issues in 2 sabers I'm luxin up I'll need them. Erv makes the top of the line soundboard for a great price. The ultrasound is just another product that people with either buy or not.

Darth_DevilGuy
01-31-2008, 07:19 PM
don't be hatin' yall, honestly I wish I could afford a CF, but the price is outta my range for now, maybe after I get a raise.

Count Malik
01-31-2008, 07:23 PM
CF cost 100 Euros and $161.87 plus $30 shipping and handling. But if you want a ultra sound you might as well just save up and pay extra for the second bach of CF in the beggining of March. I don't have one... yet but what I've herd it is so worth the money. But Ultra sound is good to it just isn't as good and there might not be Ultra sound 2.0. But thats just me and what I've herd.

LAN-ED-TUL
01-31-2008, 11:16 PM
i hope theres another US board run.

im happy with my first board, with only one exception, the solder tabs. they were a pain. but my board has worked flawlessly.

so, for me, the US boards are just fine, and will be even moreso, if the 2nd run fixes that issue.

sar-oi
02-01-2008, 04:19 AM

Good place to answer your question is right here:
http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=2227

To add to the above... he runs plecterlabs.com. As a Brit it should be nicer for you. The pound is still really high so you'd probably pay something like 80 pounds.

Cheers Guys,

No CF in stock at the mo then, but looks like it's making it to my wish list.
Learnt a lot from these posts so thank you. :D:D
I notice at plecterlabs that the Master Replicas soundboard isn't listed for dueling.:confused: I'm assuming this is pre-conversion to LED or am I going to hit problems when we start dueling more heavily? :confused:

Ghostbat
02-01-2008, 10:12 AM
I notice at plecterlabs that the Master Replicas soundboard isn't listed for dueling.:confused: I'm assuming this is pre-conversion to LED or am I going to hit problems when we start dueling more heavily? :confused:

As long as you mount it well and don't just toss it in the tube it's fine. The problem is the MR blade which is not very strong and full of a series of LEDs, the solder points on these LEDs die with too much rough handling, such as dueling. Also the emmiter part of most MR hilts (Can't say all, I haven't played with enough of them) isn't terribly strong so that's another point of failure.

I took a MR Annakin into the desert for a few hours of intense dueling and the blade was well banged up. The LEDs were OK but the blade itself had been bent, scratched, dinged, I doubt it would have survived a second go. The sound board is fine and is now converted to a LUX.

sar-oi
02-01-2008, 02:47 PM
What a relief!!!:roll:

Thanks for that.

The blades are replaced from Ultrasabers where I got my parts to convert MR sabers to LED before finding this site. Got the lot now though so will have to use this site to make my own. God I'm really going to enjoy doing that!:grin:

sekrogue1985
02-01-2008, 07:16 PM
Boy this thread derailed a bit. This isn't grade school. No I was not happy with the US, but I would still get 2. Becouse of space issues in 2 sabers I'm luxin up I'll need them. Erv makes the top of the line soundboard for a great price. The ultrasound is just another product that people with either buy or not.

wow ummm yeah this thread wow ummm it's yeah lol how did it go from inquiry to not so much stuff aka i don't like to this and that wow lol then again this is a forum.

sekrogue1985
02-01-2008, 07:17 PM
Cheers Guys,

No CF in stock at the mo then, but looks like it's making it to my wish list.
Learnt a lot from these posts so thank you. :D:D

FYI CF erv says may be in as early as march

Treadingwolf
03-18-2008, 06:51 PM
So...any news about Ultra boards lately? :)

Jay-gon Jinn
03-19-2008, 12:01 AM
Posted by Yoda (Meridian here) on F/X-Sabers.com on the 8th of March:

Ultra and I should be getting our Prototypes next week ( as long as there are no more programing delays )
then we will test them and give everyone a taste of what's to come.

We started with the Ultrasound V1 (versions 1.0 and the re-programed 1.1)

Version 1.0 had the original soft hit sound and the automatic power off battery saving feature like the MR sbaers
do if not moved for a length of time.

Version 1.1 had the soft hit sound and the automatic power down functions omitted.

Now with the 2.0 we are implementing many features that once confirmed we will show everyone what's going on
but I want to be sure it's all there in my hands before telling everyone what else it will do now but it looks to be
a significant improvement over the first version so stay tuned...

So, yes, it looks like there is going to be a second version of Ultrasound.

Novastar
03-19-2008, 12:07 AM
Agreed, Jay-Gonn... I think a US 2.0 or akin to that is on its way.

Certainly it seems there will be improvements made, which makes sense since the initial board really was a test run!

Should be cool to see/hear... :)

Jay-gon Jinn
03-19-2008, 12:09 AM
I definitely hpe the new board is an improvement over the last one...I've killed two and wounded a third already....

Onli-Won Kanomi
03-19-2008, 01:25 AM
Agreed, Jay-Gonn... I think a US 2.0 or akin to that is on its way.

Certainly it seems there will be improvements made, which makes sense since the initial board really was a test run!

Should be cool to see/hear... :)

Yeah especially in the nice mirror-shiny all-hard-chrome Overlord I'm soooo eagerly waiting for...;-) ;-)

Though Ultra hasnt said it I'm guessing that he is holding release of the Overlords til S.T.E.V.E. 2.0 since so many of us ordered our Overlords with Ultrasound...I have a good feeling its going to be well worth the wait...

strengthofrage
03-19-2008, 03:50 PM
Could someone link Ultra's site for me? Thanks :)

I have a CF 3.0 coming once Erv gets his speakers but that is reserved for my personal saber, my other projects need sound... MR is cool but a bit of a pain.

Sethski
03-19-2008, 05:04 PM
Kind of what you'd expect it to be ;-)

http://www.ultrasabers.com/

I'd also like to get at a couple of these for ongoing projects, hopefully they'll be available fairly soon...

Dark Navel
03-19-2008, 06:57 PM
I wish I could get a US but unavail as stated..Same goes with the CF but $190.00 with shipping to the US is way out of my budget. I can get the MR board out of the FX conversion for $49.99 my price. I know graaven put up a nice topic on how to make them multi-colored and you can get both sith and Jedi sound.

Not programable, stuck with generic MR sound but you can do alot with them. If someone needs em let me know(they may cost a bit more for me trucking to the Shack + shipping)..send me an e-mail and we can talk or go to your local Radio Shack and get em..

Count Malik
04-01-2008, 06:56 PM
Ya I need atleast 1 ultra board maby 2. But I want to use a ultrasound for a friends saber, and a CF v4.0 for my saber.(already have $126.97 saved up in my private acount.)

DACOTA
04-02-2008, 08:48 AM
Yeah I like mr boards but they are a bit too plain for me. I need ultraboards for the sabers that I'll sell. Hopefully it will have more blade effects like the cf but obviously not as expensive or as customizable but like a mid-grade board.

Hasid Lafre
04-02-2008, 10:44 AM
hat wont happen cause ultra plans on setting them up for mr conversions and a second button on an mr saber will be non existant.

Novastar
04-02-2008, 04:00 PM
I'll see what Yoda has to say...

Sethski
04-02-2008, 08:19 PM
Mmm... I 'm curious to see as well, as the noises eem to indicate that there's some new stuff from US 1... I guess effects-wise with out an aux button, stuff like blade pulse, shimmer on clash, extend and retract and selectable Jedi/Sith sounds are all possibilities (yep, I know, some of which was implemented already in US1)...

...I'm looking forward to hearing some news, it seems to have been a while since some were meant to be going out selectively for testing...

luis rojas
04-10-2008, 07:38 AM
Does ultra reads this forum? In that case plese give us some news about this please. I think that his boards were the best sound solution for smal budget sabers. PLease any news will be apreciated.Thanks

DARTH KALEL
04-23-2008, 12:28 AM
yeah how about now anybody heard anything about the ultras, i missed out on the CF again and it looks like that's my only option now. I just picked up a few 616 boards but I need something a little more.

Novastar
04-23-2008, 12:32 AM
I meant what I said when I posted about checking with Yoda (from fx-sabers).

But... I haven't heard much from him lately. He's probably busy with sabers and so forth. I do not know. I haven't heard from Ultra in YEARS myself... but that is how it's always been (to some extent) for me.

I'll keep trying. Yoda and I have some things we need to discuss anyhow. Nothing bad! :)

DARTH KALEL
04-23-2008, 12:52 AM
yeah i have tried over there a few times and nothing goes so I was just hoping someone would have heard something but thank you

Jay-gon Jinn
04-23-2008, 06:13 AM
This was the last official update from the FX-Sabers forum posted on April 8th:

I concur with that...Ultra and Ultra's liasons here Darth Tyrannus and Darth Vader have been excellent at keeping us informed quickly as soon as they have anything appropriate to report...since they havent yet then further info must be 'not ready for primetime' [old SNL joke younglings probably wont get...i'm an old coot eh? lol].

Hit the nail on the head you have there :D

And after much waiting and uncontrollable delays I do have some news for everyone. ;)

The prototypes are actually in transit now and once they arrive they will be tested and either Ultra
or I will report on them after we have consulted with each other about their new revisions, function
and over all performance...

stay tuned for more information on this 8)

MTFBWY
always
YODA

TD-2272
04-23-2008, 06:24 AM
Thanks Jay, that is good news

Ghostbat
04-23-2008, 11:26 AM
Very exiting!

Darth_DevilGuy
04-23-2008, 02:24 PM
how long did it take between testing and delivery of the production run on the USB v1's? when this board comes out I'll be buying two or three most likely.

Jay-gon Jinn
04-26-2008, 07:46 AM
From Yoda, at FX-Sabers:

Okay everyone the latest update I have is Ultra and I got our prototypes a couple weeks ago and they are being
adjusted for sound levels to get a good sound quality across the board with the different selectable volumes.

so... a few more tweaks and it should be good ::)

The prototype did have the clash and lock effect like I asked for and sensitivity adjustment some volume control etc...
hopefully it won't be much longer and I'll report back with final details as Soon as I can.

Malaki Skywalker
04-26-2008, 12:24 PM
Sweet! I'm probably not going to bother with the V2 for the time being, b-day on Monday the 28th, so cash for a CF V4! :D

sekrogue1985
04-26-2008, 12:31 PM
definitly will have to get me one cause i do have a second saber i want to build and it sound cool

DARTH KALEL
04-26-2008, 12:37 PM
really depends on a few options and price for me otherwise I'll just stick to the 616 board

Onli-Won Kanomi
04-26-2008, 01:29 PM
Sweet! I'm probably not going to bother with the V2 for the time being, b-day on Monday the 28th, so cash for a CF V4! :D

You need more than the cash to get a CF these days...Jedi-Master-Speed typing fingers and 'Teela' LUCK [Niven fans know what I mean] are requisite too...so Good Luck with that!

Fortunately for us slow typists and/or less Super-Lucky the Ultrasound will be another option...almost the only option now that the MR sound card supply is drying up [especially for us in Canada where there is no Radio Shack to get cheap 616s to strip for sound]...

Here's hoping the Hasbro FX line launches soon...and that they use the same MR quality [or at least not worse] sound card so that people can break them ;-) and a supply of FX sound cards reappears for those of us not lucky enough to get CFs...

...because I feel a tremor in The Force that the Ultrasound V2s will be selling out at Hyperjump speed too.

Malaki Skywalker
04-26-2008, 02:05 PM
...because I feel a tremor in The Force that the Ultrasound V2s will be selling out at Hyperjump speed too.

With the LONG waiting time from V1 to V2, and all the new features and questions that have been asked, this looks like its going to be a mad rush like the CF V3 or the V4 8-)

Jay-gon Jinn
04-27-2008, 09:20 AM
Well, I doubt if it will go like the CF's do, the Ultrasounds are mass produced, and if it goes like the last run, there may be a pre-order, so Ultra will know how many to have to made. Here's what the first one sounds like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfaJGIiPdVA

Keep in mind though, that this particular board isn't working quite right, and won't produce the clash/impact or motion sounds like it used to. I damaged it trying to install it in my custom LuxSaber, but managed to the sound partially working again. This is the board that I had in my RLSA saber originally, and this was what it sounded like when it worked:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYxo1nyUDEo

The V2 should be similar.

Darth_DevilGuy
04-27-2008, 01:06 PM
Latest news on the ultrasound

Okay everyone the latest update I have is Ultra and I got our prototypes a couple weeks ago and they are being
adjusted for sound levels to get a good sound quality across the board with the different selectable volumes.

so... a few more tweaks and it should be good Roll Eyes

The prototype did have the clash and lock effect like I asked for and sensitivity adjustment some volume control etc...
hopefully it won't be much longer and I'll report back with final details as Soon as I can.

Jay-gon Jinn
04-27-2008, 02:58 PM
Latest news on the ultrasound

DDD, I just posted that yesterday....

Darth_DevilGuy
04-27-2008, 06:54 PM
note to self, don't post hung over...

Jay-gon Jinn
04-27-2008, 07:36 PM
note to self, don't post hung over...

Hehe...nope, never a good idea....;)

Darth Vane
06-19-2008, 11:14 AM
well its been a couple of months any news???

Shadeslinger
06-19-2008, 02:11 PM
Ultrasound V2 is an urban myth...much like Sasquatch.

j/k :)

I haven't heard anything new myself. I figure it'll still be a while.

Novastar
06-20-2008, 02:22 AM
It's coming out with the release of SW Episode VII.
Totally kidding. ;)

Onli-Won Kanomi
06-20-2008, 09:39 AM
Yep and the Crystal Focus is about as available to most of us as a virgin slavegirl in Jabba's palace, or a TIE Advanced, eh? LOL.

With Ervs parts shortage putting him off schedule for summer [good - maybe he can take a nice vacation from the endless toil we nasty saberfans have been putting him under trying to keep up with our insatiable demand for the holy grail of CF goodness eh? lol] I wonder which will show up first...CF4 or Ultrasound2? I wouldnt wanna guess - dont bet the Falcon on either before Autumn eh?

Kal-El or others here is your window of opportunity - get cracking and Carpe Diem! ;-)
MOSTLY kidding ;-)

Count Malik
07-16-2008, 01:05 PM
Come on don't leave us hanging Ultra!:mrgreen: awhile back they said that there was a prototype being touched up. 2 months later still no news. LOL!:rolleyes:It is most likely a mean joke. just kidding... maybe:mrgreen:

Darth_DevilGuy
07-16-2008, 02:33 PM
Yep and the Crystal Focus is about as available to most of us as a virgin slavegirl in Jabba's palace, or a TIE Advanced, eh? LOL.

With Ervs parts shortage putting him off schedule for summer [good - maybe he can take a nice vacation from the endless toil we nasty saberfans have been putting him under trying to keep up with our insatiable demand for the holy grail of CF goodness eh? lol] I wonder which will show up first...CF4 or Ultrasound2? I wouldnt wanna guess - dont bet the Falcon on either before Autumn eh?

Kal-El or others here is your window of opportunity - get cracking and Carpe Diem! ;-)
MOSTLY kidding ;-)

I'm so ****ing glad I shelled out for one when I had the chance, but I still want a S.T.E.V.E. V2, hell I want them all, a man can dream right?

vortextwist
07-17-2008, 04:53 PM
When there is any news it will be announced. Last I heard Yoda was getting a prototype but he didn't say when, so... just have to wait longer.