PDA

View Full Version : Copper Heatsink Dimensions & Mounting?

madhorizons
01-29-2008, 12:13 PM
I was looking at this product due to the "old" one being out of stock.

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Assets/ProductImages/164_6456.JPG

I was wondering what the outside dimensions of that product are and what is the best way to mount it? The "set screw" way I was going to mount the other one doesn't appear to be able to work with this as it doesn't have the grooves along the side to go into (or will it).

My saber has an inner diameter of 1".

Jay-gon Jinn
01-29-2008, 12:24 PM
The O.D. of that heatsink is about 1.313" (measured with my dial calipers). The best way to use it is in an MHS blade holder. It just sits in there between the blade holder, and another MHS part, such as an MHS hilt or the MHS sinktube adaptor.

madhorizons
01-29-2008, 12:32 PM
Thanks. I'm probably going to have to make one or wait until the other comes back into stock. I have no removable emitter and the "core" is definitely 1" and I have no MHS parts on it.

The description on this (below) is "almost 1" I'm presuming that means it's less than 1"...is that correct?

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Assets/ProductImages/844_4_.jpg

vortextwist
01-29-2008, 12:32 PM
Yes it is. just use some set screws or buttom heads to hold it solid

madhorizons
01-29-2008, 12:38 PM
Yes it is. just use some set screws or buttom heads to hold it solid

Ya, that's what I was planning on doing, just saw it was out of stock, which lead me to the other heatsink.

I dunno if i'll do set or buttonhead yet as I want to eventually make it a quick-change thing (different costumes = different colors, etc).

Now I gotta try & be patient for them to become available again.

Jay-gon Jinn
01-29-2008, 12:41 PM
I have the same issue...I need a couple to play around with, but they're out-of-stock....

madhorizons
01-29-2008, 12:42 PM
There's probably a lot of us waiting for them :-P

madhorizons
02-07-2008, 09:36 PM
Revisit: Are there any alternative out there to heatsink the Lux Star LEDs that are .99" or smaller?

madhorizons
02-15-2008, 05:19 AM
**bump**

Any alternative or heat sink you know of that's 1" diameter or less?