PDA

View Full Version : What are you?

chase
01-28-2008, 06:40 AM
I thought of this over the weekend and started wondering, are you jedi or sith? When you pick your side, what side of the politics world are you on also? Democrat or republican? I've always seen the Sith as republicans. Sidious was definitely a republican...This should be interesting.

Barmic Rin
01-28-2008, 07:34 AM
Does 'disbelieving the state of the planet caused by the worlds' governments' count as an option?

chase
01-28-2008, 09:27 AM
As much as I would like to say yes....no. Don't even get me started with what I think is wrong.

Lord Maul
01-28-2008, 10:38 AM
I'm a Jedi, actually. This was the first forum I joined, but since then, I've adopted the alias Aluke123. I'm also a Republican, but I agree with Barmic that the entire world is jacked up right now...

DarthFender
01-28-2008, 11:04 AM
I am a Sith, but a republican. But that does not mean all Sith are republicans....

Hilary is definitely a Sith. I saw her at the Meeting. And Don't forget the cunning duku'ness of old Bill Clinton.

Anyone who says that George Bush is a Sith, well as we say, that just dont know Sith! Jar Jar Binks was more of a Sith than George Walker Bush. IN fact I think the Darth Vader reference to **** Cheney was kinda accurate. Except its more like he's Sidious telling Jar Jar to vote for "Emergency Powers" for the Chancellor.

That's it for now. I could go on and on, but I dont feel like starting a Flame War. (Or Do I?)

Lord Maul
01-28-2008, 11:09 AM
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n187/aluke_2006/Smilies/icon_flamedude.gif

Man, has to be 4 months since I've gotten to use that one http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n187/aluke_2006/Smilies/icon_firedevil.gif

Tenric Starkindler
01-28-2008, 11:30 AM
Light side Jedi
leans a bit gray
registered Independent
Dems and GOP both have some things right and some things wrong.

Darth_DevilGuy
01-28-2008, 12:00 PM
I use a darth title because it fits my highschool nickname best, but I'm more gray than anything, the sith are insane, they seem to have some sort of conquer the galaxy to foment a rebellion OCD going on. the Jedi are like a man who stares at the sun to long, they're so concerned with the light they end up blind.

Leigh
01-28-2008, 12:28 PM
I'd say I'm a Jedi, I'm generally a good guy so thats my reasoning :)

acerocket
01-28-2008, 12:55 PM
I am a mercanary. I don't take sides. My lightsaber is for sale to the highest bidder (Jedi, Sith, Imperial, or Rebel). As for politics: I don't care. It stopped being a government of the people, by the people, and for the people a long time ago. They only care about themselves now so I do what I have to do to make my life enjoyable.

chase
01-28-2008, 01:23 PM
I can honestly say that I don't like either side anymore. Democrats are just trying to win the presidential race and republicans....I won't get started. We need to just throw all politicians off a bridge and start over.

Darth_DevilGuy
01-28-2008, 01:37 PM
I don't think throwing them off a bridge is enough, some of them might survive, just thing with a few billion into research we could probably produce a real lightsaber, then all we need is someone willing to be the hatchet man, no shortage there I think:twisted:

DarthFender
01-28-2008, 01:43 PM
I don't think throwing them off a bridge is enough, some of them might survive, just thing with a few billion into research we could probably produce a real lightsaber, then all we need is someone willing to be the hatchet man, no shortage there I think:twisted:

HATCHET! HATCHET!

chase
01-28-2008, 01:50 PM
I would find a bridge where they wouldn't even have a chance of surviving. I'm picturing the Mortal Kombat 2 "The Pit II" bridge where they fall into spikes. I would like to see some real lightsabers in the future though...how wicked awesome would that be?

sar-oi
01-28-2008, 01:52 PM
Guess I like to learn a bit from everyone but walk my own path.
I like the edge it gives and the ability to surprise when the sabers are drawn.

American politics... hmm, think I left my saber on!

Lord Maul
01-28-2008, 01:53 PM
Instead of the warning label "WARNING: Contains small parts. Not for use under age 5," the label would say "WARNING: Cuts through anything, even humans. Not for use under age 799 (that way Yoda can use them:mrgreen:)"

Er Dan Gill
01-28-2008, 02:41 PM
I'm a Jedi. Not one for politics, I agree with what Ace said. Those that do get elected are only there for personal gain any way, so I choose to do what I can to make my family and I happy.

Arm on Fire
01-28-2008, 03:47 PM
I'm with Er Dan Gill and Ace , F the politics ,my family is my galaxy far far away.

Hasid Lafre
01-28-2008, 10:57 PM
Iam gonn stay out of the way and let the world collaps in on itself.

Enolmano
01-29-2008, 09:40 AM
Define the differncies between Jedi's and Sith's?

chase
01-29-2008, 09:49 AM
Not to sound like a jerk but.... are you serious?

Hasid Lafre
01-29-2008, 10:34 AM
No he does have a point. Think about it for a while.

Ghostbat
01-29-2008, 11:09 AM
I have always liked the idea of the Grey Jedi, stepping back and realizing the light and dark are two sides of the same coin. The primary difference between the Sith and Jedi that I see is that the Sith have better fashion sense ;)

Politically I register Democrat for the primaries but am of the opinion that the current US system is pretty wrecked and desperately needs a huge shakeup it likely won't get until it's way too late.

DarthFender
01-29-2008, 11:46 AM
No he does have a point. Think about it for a while.

The Sith find Power through Passion. The Jedi find Knowledge through Peace and Clarity. There is a gross misconception that the Sith are evil. This is absolutely not true. The Sith explore the use of the force that is accessed through strong emotion. Love, Hate, Rage, Joy these are all strong emotions that can tap into the Force. In Fact, any Jedi can tell you that it's easier to access the Force in this manner. It's very easy to gain great power that way.
As we all know, power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. The Force does not have a Light Side and a Dark Side. IT is not a moon. The Force IS. The Force is what all, who are Force aware, seek, to use, control, and eventually become.

The Jedi are permitted to use the Force for Knowledge and defense. Any other use of the Force is considered to be Dark. That way the Jedi can gain a lot of self control. As the Jedi's self control improves the awareness grows, and the abilities can be accesses without the Passion Link.

The Idea of Light Side/Dark Side (to me) completely disregards the fact that the Force is made up of all living things. it "Surrounds Us, penetrates us... It binds the Galaxy together" according the EP IV. If the force is made up of all living things, it must be neutral and have no sides. Just like a gun is neither good nor bad, but its the user that puts the gun into context.

The Philosophy of the Sith is that you cannot know Force without examining the whole of the Force.

The Jedi philosophy is that the Force is to be used for the Betterment of the Galaxy through Knowledge and Defence.

The grays are just dark side users that have not declared themselves to be Sith.

Ok, the line is now open to Flames!.

Darth_DevilGuy
01-29-2008, 12:28 PM
I would dispute your interpretation of the gray jedi fender.

The Sith are characterized as being out of control and ruled by their passion, having given in to the power of the dark side, which I would say is the corruption that any power brings.

The Jedi seek pure order and control so that they aren't corrupted deliberately eschewing power in order that they not be corrupted by it.

The gray Jedi walk the razor's edge, they seek the self control to wield power without falling under it's influence, and to feel passion without becoming ruled by it. The Gray path is probably the hardest to walk, you need the discipline to control yourself, but the passion to drive you. But the essential lesson of the Gray is that there is no dark or light side, any corruption is from within you and no power is evil, only the ends to which you use them can be evil.

Hasid Lafre
01-29-2008, 12:39 PM
Ok dont look at the jedi or the sith by what force powers they use.

Then revaluate your thoughts.

ArkaiHalon
01-29-2008, 01:23 PM
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Grey_Jedi

using that definition of grey jedi, that would be me, an independent.

Hasid Lafre
01-29-2008, 01:55 PM
http://www.forceacademy.com/

They got a better definition of gray jedi, there called the independent.

Gray jedi are just jedi that dont follow the jedi compleatly, they have a bit of rebellious to them but they are still jedi and dont allow the darkside to over take them. so there sorta sitting a quarter of the way past lightside where the indipendent is in the middel. They take there path in there own hands. dark jedi are like the gray jedi in where they stand in ther ebeleafes of the full sith.

Sage
01-29-2008, 06:18 PM
Grey Jedi, but leaning towards light

I hate all the stupid Jedi rules of this and that, I love Darkside's destructive powers, but dont like how the Sith use it.

DarthFender
01-29-2008, 10:15 PM
I would dispute your interpretation of the gray jedi fender.

The Sith are characterized as being out of control and ruled by their passion, having given in to the power of the dark side, which I would say is the corruption that any power brings.

The Jedi seek pure order and control so that they aren't corrupted deliberately eschewing power in order that they not be corrupted by it.

The gray Jedi walk the razor's edge, they seek the self control to wield power without falling under it's influence, and to feel passion without becoming ruled by it. The Gray path is probably the hardest to walk, you need the discipline to control yourself, but the passion to drive you. But the essential lesson of the Gray is that there is no dark or light side, any corruption is from within you and no power is evil, only the ends to which you use them can be evil.

By your Definition, I would have to classify Mace as A Gray. Based on his chosen fighting style Vapaad. Which actually requires the combatant to enjoy the thrill of the fight and the thrill of victory. Mace was definitely a BMF.

Corbin_Das
01-29-2008, 10:28 PM
I've always refered to my character as a "Full Force User" rather than a Sith, Fallen Jedi, Gray Jedi or whatever. Seeing as how I was never trained as a Jedi to begin with, I feel weird refering to myself as anything with the word "Jedi" in the title. Likewise, I'm not a Sith either, nor have I ever called myself Darth-anything, though I had considered making up a "Darth" name for a period in my persona story where I become really dark. But it wouldn't actually be correct for someone to just up and call themselves Darth I don't think. Not without first being an apprentice to a Sith Master. That is, unless you're from before the rule of two went into effect.

I suppose I'm just sorta my own thing, not seeing a need to wear a label.

I agree with much of what Ace said a page or two back. Career politicians, while they MAY share certain views on the issues that you might yourself hold... ultimately, I feel they are often in it for themselves. Politicians are a necessary part of our social and political structure though. Unfortunately, the system they are working in makes it tough to remain objective when they're bombarded by campaign contributions by various special interest groups.

From this somewhat pesimistic, almost jaded view of politics, I often find myself not fully "on board" with one party or the other. I'm registered as a Republican, but I feel somewhat distanced from some of the more hard core attitudes I sometimes see. While I'm probably slightly right of middle, there's SOME issues on which I would probably be seen as being extremely left. There's a couple I might be seen as being extremely right on as well. So, just as the whole Jedi vs. Sith thing, I'm not really on board with either party.

By the way, if folks want to see where all the candidates weigh in on the various issues, I ran across this webpage that breaks it down. From what I can tell, there's no endorsement of either side, just the voting records and quotes pertaining to the different issues.

http://www.ontheissues.org

Corbin

DarthFender
01-29-2008, 10:39 PM
That's a great site Corbin, I've seen that before.

EDIT: Woohoo! Finally a youngling!

chase
01-30-2008, 06:37 AM
So Corbin, riddle me this. How are you a "full force user" if you were never trained to be a jedi in the first place? :D jk. Is it part of a character?

Oh and Fender, Mace made Vapaad to use his inner darkness as a weapon of the light side. I wouldn't really consider him as gray. That's just what I think.

Hasid Lafre
01-30-2008, 08:54 AM
Mace taps into the dark side for his lightsaber use, but uses his lightside training to keep him from being consumed.

You could say he is the master of the force when it comes to lightsaber fighting.