PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Lightsaber

The Plague
02-08-2006, 04:40 PM
Just wanted to know what every ones favorite movie lightsaber hilt is and what their favorite color is and why.
My favorite hilt is Darth Sidious's because it is an elegant design. My favorite color is red because it is a symbol of power.

Those who live by the sword, will die by the sword

Nightwing
02-08-2006, 05:08 PM
Hmm... difficult choice.

I really like Obi-Wan's Episode I saber.
And we can't forget about Luke/Anakin's saber. Sleek, technical-looking, and possibly the saber with the most history.

I can't decide. If I HAD to pick, I'd go with Anakin's slightly more for looks, and Obi-Wan's more for deuling.

My fav blade color is blue (The ROTS/ESB color).

Devilstar2k2
Ani/Luke because ever since I was kid, thats what I've known a lightsaber to look like. Whenever I think about a lightsaber, I always remember the scene with Luke using the force to pull the hilt from the snow bank.

I must admit though, that green blades are really growing on me. I used to HATE them, and only like blue. Now, I think that green is pulling into the lead.

Also, I agree with the guy above me as far as looks, but in addition to what he said, I also think that it just looks Billy Bad-ass. Looks really rugged, and tough, IMO.

Madcow
OK,
I'll weigh in...

I like Mace Windu's lightsaber most because it is a compact striking design.
My color choice is calssic blue.

MC

You want to go home and re-think your life

suit_man
02-08-2006, 05:21 PM
my favorite hilt is probly obi wan epIII/IV. i think i like the ep III version better though. i also like basically every hilt from the original trilogy [:D]

i am a nerd, if you don't like it, i will cut you with my lightsaber

Wolverine
02-08-2006, 05:26 PM
Mace Windu - <u>For the Hilt</u>. The most elegant looking of all, but a Red blade would look bitchin' on it!!! http://members.aol.com/JEDISITHLORD/images/thumbup.gif

I also aggree with Devilstar, the ROTJ green just grows on you. http://members.aol.com/JEDISITHLORD/images/thinking.gif

bushidobaggins
02-08-2006, 05:44 PM
Obi Wan ANH. Growing up I always liked that saber, and luke's RotJ Saber. The thinner neck design is the best.

Blue is my color of choice, but I love the way green looks in the daylight, like during the Geonosis fight.

Pirate King
02-08-2006, 06:45 PM
well, they did originally make luke's new saber green because blue would have washed out against the sky on tatooine.

I rather like Sidious's hilt, but I'd make my blade purple or green, though blue is growing on me since getting my MR on for choreography that I'm putting together.

{<font color="black">[[[</font id="black">(((<font color="red">o</font id="red">))<font color="gold">EE</font id="gold">[/<font color="blue">==============</font id="blue">

Tenric Starkindler
02-08-2006, 06:49 PM
ROTJ green 1st choice
Mace Purple 2nd
Obi-Blue 3rd

for hilts I really like Luke's ROTJ AND Mace's ROTS!

Reality often interferes with what would otherwise be an idyllic delusion.

Erik
02-08-2006, 07:05 PM
Though I'm not a fan of the dark side, I like the organic design of the emperors saber. I felt it almost an abomination to give something so beautiful to someone so twisted. Like giving hitler a Tiffany lamp.

Jin Ke
02-08-2006, 09:24 PM
My favorite is Qui-Gon's from episode I. It had a simple classic elegant look to it.

virus692
02-08-2006, 09:54 PM
<font color="purple">My fav is mace's light saber I am a purple freak and I like the touch of gold it. Shiny but not stuck up...</font id="purple">

VIrus 692-
Life Liberty and the prusuit of insainaity

scaarmor
02-08-2006, 10:24 PM
As some of you may know by now, I like (really like) the unique, and things not done or seen before. For this reason my fav. movie hilt is Count Dooku. He had a saber entirly different from everyone elses. It was curved at the end, had design implaments not done on other sabers, and best of all that extended emitter! I dont like the fact that they called it a "fencing" saber, of which he did not use it like, it was used like every other saber. But all in all his was my favorite. I would have to say my favoite movie color is red, but only because they didnt have a black one[:D].

Cain

***It is now that we battle.When you die, await my arrival in the afterlife where we will battle again.Perhaps there you may have the ability to defeat me,but not here,not now,not this day.So let us part with words and embrace the blade.***

dbraxton9
02-09-2006, 01:12 AM
WOW! 12 replies and NO ONE said darth maul. I like Luke's ANH saber because as long as I live I will never forget the scene at Kenobi's house where he turns it on for the first time and waves it around. I was four years old and Star Wars was only the 2nd movie I had ever seen in a theater (and the first was a cartoon), so it made an impression that will last forever. I like Vader's saber becasue it has that cool black emitter cap and Kenobi's ANH saber just because it was his.

"Size matters not. Look at me! Judge me by my size do you? And well you should not! For my ally is the force, and a powerful ally it is!"

LAN-ED-TUL
02-09-2006, 02:52 AM
first choice: obi wans ep. 4
2nd choice: lukes graflex ep. 4
3rd choice: darth vader ep. 4 and 5

i like the older ones better. my own preference.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

Jin Ke
02-09-2006, 11:11 AM
I liked the idea of maul's double-blades saber, but wasn't to impressed with the design. As I said before I like qui-gon's with lukes from rotj a close second.

Pirate King
02-09-2006, 12:06 PM
I wouldn't really consider Darth Maul's a saber as such, more like a lightquarter-staff or something.

As for Dooku's being considered a fencing style, it's not because of any similarity to actual fencing, and more in regard to the fact that he was trained to fight others armed with lightsabers. Jedi of the time, on the other hand, were trained more to deflect blaster shots than anything else, because Sith were supposedly extinct.

{<font color="black">[[[</font id="black">(((<font color="red">o</font id="red">))<font color="gold">EE</font id="gold">[/<font color="blue">==============</font id="blue">

BenReilly
02-09-2006, 01:16 PM
I don't know why, but i really like Quinlan Vos's...it's not from the movies but still...

http://www.thelightsaber.com/HistorySabers/SmallPics/QuinlanVos3GnSM.jpg

Mur-Pa DiLos
02-09-2006, 10:25 PM
My favorite lightsaber is Anakin's from Ep. III and Ep. IV (Luke's) I like the simple, but deadly feel that had, that and it was the first lightsaber ever seen.[:D]
Personally, though I like sabers that are designed for that person and their personality. Aka... Thanks Cain. (insider's joke now but not for much longer... hehehehehe[:D])

CrudeSword
02-10-2006, 12:41 PM
My favorite lightsaber would be Obi-Wan's lightsaber from ROTS till ANH. I also like Luke's Episode VI lightsaber (the one close to Obi-Wan's).

There was something on my mind about combine elements from both Obi-Wan's ROTS and Luke's ROTJ lightsaber.

I would first have is basically having Obi-Wan' saber's top section till the Graflex clamp. For the grip, I'll have the Luke's ROTS saber ringed grip. Near the emitter, the copper part would be substitute with black hue. The activator board, instead of the circuit board, I'll replace it with Anakin's ROTS lightsaber board.
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e168/CrudeSword/Lightsaber/02.jpg

Matt
02-10-2006, 12:52 PM
I'm definately with scaarmor on this one, Dooku's saber is by far my favorite, it's uniqueness, attracts me first, but i kinda like the fact that from the books it talks about him being a swordsman, not so much a fenching which was said in the books, but i just took it as he was the best swordsman, and practiced fencing. i love the curved of it, and if there is anyway i'm looking for a way to build me a exact replica of it in led. i'm seen some close peices of metal, but i think i could just custom bend a peice that is close then go from there, the problem is crome doesn't bend nicely, but you could always paint it crome, after the bending. we will see.....

The Plague
02-10-2006, 12:56 PM
Now that I think about it I would still go with Sidious lightsaber but with a purple blade.

desertscorpion
02-10-2006, 12:59 PM
I've never been able to stomach any of the hilts with that "ribbed" look. Reminds me too much of a Rayovac flashlight we used to keep around the house for emergencies. And that's a shame because Qui-Gonn is my favorite character. I always liked Anakin's and Vader's, because to me they were sleek and bad to the bone. Then I saw the emperor's. Outstanding! I can't figure out what kind of creature the hilt looks like...a cuttle fish or something, but it's sweet! But...I've never actually seen a hilt that made me say, "That's me. That's what I would build." The closest thing I've seen is a picture in a Dark Horse Star Wars art collection book I have. It's a picture of Jedi Master Tyvokka. His hilt is made of carved wood and brass fittings (or something). It looks like a musket pistol handle or something. It's pretty sweet. I have to agree with DevilStar about the blue and green thing. The first time I saw green I was livid. How could they change the blue? But, as I've gotten older green has actually become my favorite. It has a warmth to it. The blue is pretty, but harsh sometimes. I like most of the other colors, too, including red. Red just says, Bad to the Bone.

desertscorpion
02-10-2006, 01:20 PM
Oh, yeah. I'd like to see more hilts made out of other natural materials like granite, wood, marble, crystal, etc. Especially naturally occuring materials from a jedi's home plantet. Who care's if it's realistic if it's cool. It's fantasy, anyway.

suit_man
02-10-2006, 04:26 PM
i saw a hilt in the contest from thelightsaber.com that was inspired by captain nemo from 20,000 leagues under the sea, holy poop, i loved it. it was made of wood and brass, check it out if you like natural sabers.

Mi Gin Gonn
02-10-2006, 05:19 PM
Favorite hilts: Luke ROTJ, substituting the copper part for chrome.
Obi Wan AOTC

Fav. Colors: ROTJ green, orange, ROTS blue.

Least favorite hilts: Sidious (looks like a turd), Qui Gon (looks like a flashlight), Kitt Fisto (yawn)

Least favorite colors: yellow, plain white, pink

"Chaka, call off Dawson, will ya?!"

desertscorpion
02-11-2006, 08:53 AM
That guy got freakin' robbed!!! He should have received first place!!! Alot of the other sabers looked like a re-mix of a movie saber, or a saber that's so "out there" that it could never be functional. Thanks for the recommendation!!! I want to track that dude down and have him build me one of them suckers!!! Gorgeous! Just Georgeous. Thanks, again.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by suit_man

i saw a hilt in the contest from thelightsaber.com that was inspired by captain nemo from 20,000 leagues under the sea, holy poop, i loved it. it was made of wood and brass, check it out if you like natural sabers.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Juice214
02-12-2006, 04:09 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by desertscorpion

Oh, yeah. I'd like to see more hilts made out of other natural materials like granite, wood, marble, crystal, etc. Especially naturally occuring materials from a jedi's home plantet. Who care's if it's realistic if it's cool. It's fantasy, anyway.

I saw one made of wood, it was a wookie's.
If I can find the picture again I'll post a link.

Here is a link.
http://www.yourprops.com/view_item.php?movie_prop=4475

Mi Gin Gonn
02-12-2006, 06:51 PM
Sorry man, but I'm with Corbin on this one...sabers should be chrome & black at the most. That one looked like something you'd smoke hash out of. Not that there's anything wrong with that....

desertscorpion
02-13-2006, 10:14 AM
Dude, that hilarious![:D] I don't really agree, but would have to concede that any lightsaber made out of wood would probably have to have a metal frame, at least. Kind of like how katanas are.

Nightwing
02-13-2006, 10:28 AM
Yeah, I'm not one for "organic" hilts, either.

Black and Chrome go with colors like Blue, Green, Red, and, to a certain extent, Yellow. Gold goes with colors like Purple and Blue.
Hey... a gold saber with a blue blade actually sounds pretty cool... Time to get to work on designing it!

The Plague
02-13-2006, 03:53 PM
Hey guys lets design a Bong-saber

suit_man
02-13-2006, 05:06 PM
the only hilt that i like that has anything organic about it is the that hilt i talked of earlier. it didn't even have much natural on it, just the wood grips.

dbraxton9
02-13-2006, 07:06 PM
the candle shop here has a "wand" they sell for $50 that looks like a voodoo lightsaber: it is a copper pipe wrapped in leather cord for a grip with shiny stones here and there for decorations and has a large quartz crystal jammed into each open end. I might try to make a saber like it.

"Size matters not. Look at me! Judge me by my size do you? And well you should not! For my ally is the force, and a powerful ally it is!"

desertscorpion
02-14-2006, 04:26 PM
Let me clarify my earlier statement. I like natural materials, but that doesn't mean I'd like to have a saber that looks like someone made it during craft time at their grade school. Or, I wouldn't have feathers or vines hanging off of a saber. I just like the idea of something that has a natural/simplistic look while actually being very sophisticated. Such as I always liked the katanas that are made to look like a boken (practice sword), but the blade is actually hidden inside the wood. Functionally, they might not be the greatest, but I always thought they were cool.

Juice214
02-14-2006, 04:34 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Mi Gin Gonn

Sorry man, but I'm with Corbin on this one...sabers should be chrome & black at the most. That one looked like something you'd smoke hash out of. Not that there's anything wrong with that....

Oh I agree I was just pointing out some of the more unusual designs that I have seen.

I really do like the "white" lightsabers that the storm troppers we supposed to carry.

headwound
02-14-2006, 04:59 PM
I like obi-wan's in episode 4 the best. I really dig that "built from what I could find" look. thats what lightsabers should look like to me, something made from what is available to the crafter.

james3
02-16-2006, 12:04 PM
I would say my favorite movie saber is Obi-Wans EP1/EP2 Saber. Like most of you I was a kid in absolute shock the first time I saw luke light up in Ben's house, after seeing Ben's later on though I asked my dad why they looked different and he guessed that maybe Luke's father wasn't as artistic or was in a hurry. Well of course I always wondered what other lightsabers looked like, Obi-Wan's and Mace Windu's EP1 sabers really gave me that classic renaissance look I always imagined.
As for color I am at a tie with blue and green, the first saber I build will be "lime" green EL since I don't have a green one yet, but looking at the pics of the blue led looks like that may be something I will try next.

naashar
02-25-2006, 10:51 AM
My turn?

I love Anakin's and Obi-Wan's hilts from ROTS..just to know what action they've seen, the history behind them. To me, it seems as though those two hilts were already part of a matched set..knowing that at some point, they would have to face each other in combat. It really heightened the anticipation of the Mustafar battle for me. The two blades of the (arguably) best swordsmen of the order, each seeing their share of battle (see Clone Wars Vol I), their share of atrocity (see the taking of the Temple), then having nothing left to fight but each other. Awesome. Plus, Obi-Wan's just looks as if it's meant for battle. Utilitarian emitter assembly coupled with the almost medieval look of the pommel; you can't help but want to duel with that!

My favorite color would have to be the deep blue of Anakin's in ROTS. Mostly because that's the MR I own. That is, until they release Obi-Wan's! [:D]

You don't need to see any identification.

987654321a
02-25-2006, 04:59 PM
darth maul rules everything...his saber is sickly awesome

Dark Side = Powerful Sith Lords
Light Side = Panzies

xwingband
02-25-2006, 06:25 PM
lol, darth maul = killed by PADAWAN Panzy

<center>http://www.geocities.com/ghost_soldiers_unit/gs_banner_trans2.gif
www.dewbackwing.com</center>

james3
02-25-2006, 07:55 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">xwingband Posted - 02/25/2006 : 17:25:52
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

now that there is funny...

xwingband
02-25-2006, 08:01 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by james3
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">xwingband Posted - 02/25/2006 : 17:25:52
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

now that there is funny...

<font size="2">Add quotes "..." and you have a Larry the Cable Guy quote.[:D] I'm a Ron White fan though.[:p]</font id="size2">

<center>http://www.geocities.com/ghost_soldiers_unit/gs_banner_trans2.gif
www.dewbackwing.com</center>

james3
02-25-2006, 08:23 PM
Oh Yea, he's alright in my book too.

jedimastergarcia87
05-15-2009, 05:40 PM
Qui-gon's Episode 1 saber because he's one of my favorite Jedis and I like the color green, that's what the color of my pvc saber is going to be too is green. Mace Windu's saber because I thought purple was a different color for a saber. Both versions of Luke's and Vader's sabers because my grandma took me to see the re-release of the old movies back in '96 or whenever that was. That pretty much sums it up! :D

ARKM
05-15-2009, 05:55 PM
My favorite is Luke's ANH saber. Second would be Obi's TPM saber. Favorite blade color is ESB blue (THX'ed but non SE).

Sairon
05-15-2009, 06:04 PM
Wow holy thread revival! I'd have to say darth sideous' saber, looks killer awsome.

Jedi-Loreen
05-15-2009, 06:24 PM
Holy necropost, Batman!

cardcollector
05-15-2009, 07:22 PM
Um, Darth Maul's is the best!!!
DUH, you can't beat two blades!!!!:rolleyes:

Rhyen Skytracker
05-15-2009, 07:25 PM
Wow, I can't believe this thread was started 3 years ago. Anyway, my favorite is Obi-Wan's negotiator. I think it looks very cool.

grayven
05-15-2009, 09:05 PM
Um, Darth Maul's is the best!!!
DUH, you can't beat two blades!!!!:rolleyes:

I can't be positive about this, but I think that Obi-wan beat two blades.:p:rolleyes:

grayven
05-15-2009, 10:46 PM
actually I think he beat 4

And I stand corrected.

cardcollector
05-16-2009, 05:54 AM
I can't be positive about this, but I think that Obi-wan beat two blades.:p:rolleyes:

No, he beat ONE blade. because Darth Maul, If you watch carefully, kinda tripped on his toes walking backward and that's when Obi-wan narrowed his saber down to one blade.;)
(I'm really passionate about the duel in EPI 1 if you can't tell):rolleyes:

Thaxos
05-16-2009, 07:39 AM
No, he beat ONE blade. because Darth Maul, If you watch carefully, kinda tripped on his toes walking backward and that's when Obi-wan narrowed his saber down to one blade.;)
(I'm really passionate about the duel in EPI 1 if you can't tell):rolleyes:

Four blades with Grievous

Sairon
05-16-2009, 07:56 AM
Which he cut off, then finished him of with a blaster.:D:D

Thaxos
05-16-2009, 09:57 AM
Which he cut off, then finished him of with a blaster.:D:D

I was a bit disappointed with the lack of a more elaborate duel, but circumstances explain why...

Titoshi
05-16-2009, 10:41 AM
Hate to say it, because it makes me want to kick someone in the junk whenever I hear it, but that duel was way better in the book.(Grievous vs. Obi-Wan)As for my favourite saber...hmmm...Kit Fisto's saber from AOTC. just elegant but obviously still a deadly weapon.

Sairon
05-16-2009, 11:03 AM
Hmm, going to have to pick again, ki adi mundai's clan saber, looks wicked.

http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/gg351/Sairon-/blah.jpg

Dark Navel
05-16-2009, 01:04 PM
Like this one? I'm working on it right now...

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh290/t1made/DSCN0622.jpg
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh290/t1made/DSCN0623.jpg
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh290/t1made/DSCN0624.jpg
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh290/t1made/DSCN0625.jpg

Revan
05-16-2009, 06:48 PM
my favorite is the Sidious saber as far as looks. For color, i like Luke's saber from a new Hope. You know the "ice blue" color...:rolleyes:

Barmic Rin
05-17-2009, 02:32 AM
AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!! Zombie thread!!!!!!!!

I say either Fisto's, or Kenobi's borrowed saber from AOTC... Both simple & elegant.

As for colour, i'd say royal blue...

cardcollector
05-17-2009, 12:57 PM
I was a bit disappointed with the lack of a more elaborate duel, but circumstances explain why...

Because it was unrealistic for grevious to lose...:D

Thaxos
05-17-2009, 01:12 PM
Because it was unrealistic for grevious to lose...:D

I was referring more to his injuries and the backstory.

Rijan Kovinh, Jedi Knight
02-08-2010, 01:14 AM
As far as dueling, I think Qui-Gon Jinn's saber is one of the best in the movies. The handle has maximum gripping space since the activation button is at the top and unobtrusive. There is ridged surface along the whole length so both forehand and backhand have something to hold on to. Very much a "form follows function" saber. Dooku's is a very well designed hilt as well.

From an aesthetic perspective, I most love the Anakin/Luke graflex saber, particularly the ESB version. There's something distinctly classy about its refined yet "industrial" appearance, with the rounded shroud and bunny-ear things of no evident purpose. The activation box, rear placed grips and protruding knobs make it more cumbersome to wield however.

Shadar Al'Niende
02-08-2010, 07:39 AM
Yay for necro-posting a 9 month old thread! :rolleyes:

cardcollector
02-08-2010, 11:38 AM
hey hey hey...
Remember the rules, If you post something that contributes it doesn't count...

I think he contributed quite nicely.;)

Jedi-Loreen
02-08-2010, 12:20 PM
Yeah, that's fine, instead of starting a new thread.