PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from the uk

sar-oi
01-27-2008, 12:54 PM
Just to say greetings to all.
I am in the middle of converting my saber collection to LED for duelling.
Having been stung on ebay with an Anakin Ep 111 saber that had just had the blade sawn off, I got into tinkering and having purchased a second dud Anakin Ep 11, cannibalised the two to make one.
I stumbled across this site and by The Force am I ready to make my own saber.
Can anyone direct me to the fancier hand grips that must have appeared on this site before?

DarthFender
01-27-2008, 01:37 PM
Sar-Oi.

Welcome to the forums! Which grips? The T-track Style Grips?
http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Custom-formed-rubber-grip-set--P158.aspx

Hope that helps.

Angelus Lupus
01-27-2008, 02:21 PM
Hi there! You'll find a few UK people here, three of us even met up recently.

sar-oi
01-27-2008, 03:29 PM
Hi guys,

Well the t-grips are cool and I think I've seen them in aluminium too?
But I'm itching to build a double-grip saber and the grip from Obi's saber has always felt practical? Actually I want two comfortable double-grip sabers that can become a staff. While we're on the subject, has anyone used the Parks saber with the magnetic coupling? Is the coupling any good?
Sorry about all the questions but I am a learner.

Darth_DevilGuy
01-27-2008, 04:29 PM
welcome aboard, look over the pics in the gallery if you want to see some beauties, the MHS is what I'm using to build my first saber.

Malaki Skywalker
01-28-2008, 12:35 AM
Welcome to the Forum! :) Nice to see another person from the UK

DarthFender
01-28-2008, 11:06 AM
Hi guys,

Well the t-grips are cool and I think I've seen them in aluminium too?
But I'm itching to build a double-grip saber and the grip from Obi's saber has always felt practical? Actually I want two comfortable double-grip sabers that can become a staff. While we're on the subject, has anyone used the Parks saber with the magnetic coupling? Is the coupling any good?
Sorry about all the questions but I am a learner.

Sounds like like you are looking for the Grooved sections to the MHS. I think those are out of stock but will be back in stock soon. Check the Store News thread for updates.

Malaki Skywalker
01-28-2008, 11:22 AM
I've seen them in aluminium too?

I believe they are on the Parks parts site

sar-oi
01-28-2008, 12:31 PM
thanks for the tips.
Just noticed a nice part from the Dooku saber on ebay. The saber would have to bend though towards the blade edge...

Drichar Deis
01-30-2008, 08:15 AM
Welcome from another UK member.

Barmic Rin
02-04-2008, 02:22 PM
Fellow Brit, welcome!

We're all willing to help out anyway you need!

Please tell me you didn't buy one of those Master replicas with the blade tip glued into the hilt? I saw those & hoped no-one would buy them!
I'm sure you can fix it!!

My advice: Beware saber parts on ebay & ask lots of questions to the seller if you're unsure! (simple advice, but so many don't do it!)

sar-oi
02-06-2008, 04:18 PM
Glued into the hilt???:confused:
Do you mean a fixed hilt???
Thanks for the tip about eBay. I am beginning to look at spare saber parts now that I'm becoming more adventurous and confident.
I've suffered a con twice on eBay. Once purchased a so-called LED conversion MR Anakin only to find the seller had just sawn the blade through.:( Cheeky sod wanted a couple of hundred and I thought I'd picked up a bargain at £60! Most expensive spare parts I ever bought!!!:shock:

Barmic Rin
02-11-2008, 01:43 PM
Well, that's why I bite the bullet & pay the extra shipping from the US, & from trusted sellers.

Sethski
02-15-2008, 05:15 AM
Another welcome from the UK :)

Good luck with the saber building, there's lots of helpful and knowledgeable folks here when you need advice.

Oh, and I've also seen those hilts on eBay... maybe worth considering at the starting price, but when they go up to £30+... and you can get a new FX from play.com for £39.99 including delivery...

TorLinWaDur
02-16-2008, 11:45 PM
hello uk from usa :)

Tom Starkiller
02-17-2008, 03:42 AM
Hello UK from the UK.