PDA

View Full Version : MR sound and Corbin 3W driver

Jonitus
01-24-2008, 09:54 AM
Did the wiring schematic for combining the Corbin/TCSS 3W driver and MR sound disappear? Does anyone have that handy and could post it up here for general consumption?

Darth_DevilGuy
02-14-2008, 09:19 PM
it's gone again, can someone repost it so I can save a copy?

Hasid Lafre
02-14-2008, 11:04 PM
opps sorry about that, I will fix it.

RichoQuinn
07-19-2008, 02:28 AM
a few questions on this set up. some iv got an idea and just need checking others no clue, been trying to find some of them in the theads to no prevail.

1. MR sound bords requier a Lacthing switch?
2. The corbin/TCSS driver acts as a resistor/puck?
3. Is there a limit to what LED and voltage you can run through the set up? (if it helps il be useing vaders bord) IE luxon V blue, 9v.
4. can these cards/drivers fit inside a 1.25 sink tube?

If any of you masters can either let me know, or point me out to a thead iv missed id be much apreaciated.

Many than
EDIT
have i made a boo boo, and MR cards also called FX?

Malaki Skywalker
07-19-2008, 03:04 AM
I only has the added recharge port one, though there isn't much difference :rolleyes:

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg305/MalakiSkywalker/FXsoundrecharge.jpg

eastern57
07-19-2008, 08:49 AM
a few questions on this set up. some iv got an idea and just need checking others no clue, been trying to find some of them in the theads to no prevail.

1. MR sound bords requier a Lacthing switch?
2. The corbin/TCSS driver acts as a resistor/puck?
3. Is there a limit to what LED and voltage you can run through the set up? (if it helps il be useing vaders bord) IE luxon V blue, 9v.
4. can these cards/drivers fit inside a 1.25 sink tube?

If any of you masters can either let me know, or point me out to a thead iv missed id be much apreaciated.

Many than
EDIT
have i made a boo boo, and MR cards also called FX?

1. Yes
2. Yes - plus some
3. Yes - no more than 6v, no less than 3.5v (9v + MR = burny sadness)
4. Yes - look up Jay-Gon Jinn's 1.25" sink tube saber

usually just refered to as "MR boards"

RichoQuinn
08-07-2008, 07:51 AM
the diagram shown usees 2 clash sensors. im asueming one for the sound clash and one for the light clash.

isnt there a way to wire it up just useing one clash sensor so that the blade will flash in better sync with the sound clash?

Jay-gon Jinn
08-07-2008, 03:38 PM
the diagram shown usees 2 clash sensors. im asueming one for the sound clash and one for the light clash.

isnt there a way to wire it up just useing one clash sensor so that the blade will flash in better sync with the sound clash?

No, there isn't. There's a long explanation for that, but it has been tried and fries either the Corbin board or the MR or both every time.

And just reiterate what Eastern mentioned, if you missed it, MR soundboards CANNOT use any more than 6 volts. And a 9volt will not have a very good runtime with this set up, either. 6 AAA's will run a lot longer.

And my 1.25 sinktube saber thread is here:
http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=5052

Master Dru-Er
08-10-2008, 07:05 PM
Hold on Jay Gon. If im not confused, The Luke rotj and Mace boards swing clash works differently and are ok to use.
http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=5315

RichoQuinn
08-11-2008, 02:49 AM
just read up on that and your both right, i didnt mention i was useing a vader bored so i have to use the 2, tho for my misses saber that will be rather helpfull (shes more likely to go for the lighter sounds), thx to you both for your input

EDIT:
Is it the Corbin bord that drains the batteries even when not on? or the MR bord?

Novastar
08-11-2008, 09:05 AM
One part of the "short" explanation for the clash sensors not being able to be whittled down to just a SINGLE one when combining MR + Corb is that they work in opposing polarities. Bad for the boards! :D

Matakin
10-23-2008, 03:35 PM
I only has the added recharge port one, though there isn't much difference :rolleyes:

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg305/MalakiSkywalker/FXsoundrecharge.jpg

Using this diagram, yes I do see two clash sensors. I could use MR clash sensor for the MR boards, but would Hasbro sound boards work if you connect it to the Corbin driver?