PDA

View Full Version : need help

sekrogue1985
01-23-2008, 07:58 PM
okay against all my mind set i'm going to build a second saber. why i say this is because i found my old notebook one from like Kindergarden with a lightsaber drawning in it and a story about it. So i'm like wow okay this must be well what originally wanted or whatever.

first off look at the pic i've posted

http://photos-a.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v189/248/64/41701669/n41701669_30755892_6192.jpg

okay this is what i drew but yeah used MS paint to get it there. WHat i want to use is a sink tube for the hilt and then the MHS adapter for it. NOw my question is does anyone have any ideas how i would mount my MR soundboard in it. I do not have the casing that it all goes in so that is not an option. So what i ask from the rest of you saber builders how would you go about doing this. If you can help and possibly provide a diagram of how you would mount it. I would be thankful.
:)

Lord Maul
01-23-2008, 08:11 PM
That's a perfect sinktube saber.

You will want to get Tim's 1.25 bladeholder, once they are back in stock. A sound card will fit inside the sink tube, you'll probably want to put it in hard foam though to keep it from rattling around.

Jay-gon Jinn
01-24-2008, 10:08 AM
If I were to build that saber, I'd use 1.5" sinktube, the bladeholder#1, and the MHS sinktube adaptor. you shouldn't have too much trouble mounting the soundboard, either. Just like Maul said, you could wrap it in some foam, or find a pice of pvc that fits inside the sinktube and mount it in that. The stacked 4-aa battery pack fits right in the 1.5" sinktubes, leaving plenty of room for the sound board.

Enolmano
01-24-2008, 10:53 AM
It is also possible to use cardboard to mount it on. Like a little slide.
No to fancy, but i do works:D

strengthofrage
01-24-2008, 11:43 AM
The pvc sink tubes also make great shuttles for the insides of a saber. They are thin enough to be flexible when cut, I made a couple out of 1.25 inch pvc sink tube, fits inside MHS pieces perceclty. I know you wanted to use sinke tube for a hilt, all you need to do is see which size fits in there best.

sekrogue1985
01-25-2008, 09:17 PM
thanks for the help everyone. hopefully i'll get it done yeah idk when need a new job first but the first saber i've ever design will be perfect. not the not a lot of stuff on it stems from I was young i yeah lol